The current 53 man roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dam that's a good roster...

Just wish Bradford was on it. :(

Sorry for the downer post...

Limey

Rookie
Dam that's a good roster...

May change, but for now (if I counted right) there are 4 of this year's UDFAs on the roster (Watts, Bayer, Westbrooks and Roberson). I'm kind of surprised as with the strength of the roster improving this year and what I thought was a strong draft, I thought the opportunities for these guys were going to be limited from now on. I seem to recall that at least 3 of the 4 (the last 3) got relatively large cash payments to choose the Rams, Can't remember whether Watts got anything. So far, the 6th and 7th round picks didn't do so well (only Gaines on the roster: Rhaney injured; Gilbert, van Dyke, Bryant and Sam on someone's PS)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Also, as Fisher has come out and said, they will be "monitoring" the QB and LB situation, and are likely to add a veteran if it makes sense. So the roster thant gets turned in on Tuesday is likely to be different from what you see now.,
Thinking about this is going to give me some Sleepless Nights!! ( until Tuesday! )

A320driver

Rookie
Poor Woodard and Reid. Also though Bond would stick.

You weren't the only one! But go back and read Coach O's explanation. You can be a pretty good guy at what your asked to do ie. Blocking. But you gotta block the right dude, and every time, or what value do you end up providing to the offense? It's like having one less player out there cause his results become meaningless at best, or hurtful at the worst by blowing plays that could be successful in gaining yards as opposed to loosing yards.
O line is one of the hardest positions to play, and this scheme is one of the most complicated in the league.
Let's hope. GR can get pick up the pace, cause so far his struggles have not at all been physical as much as mental.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
CoachO-

So what happens when Bailey comes back from suspension? They keep Pettis, cut him or cut someone else and carry another WR? Bailey is going to be a good one, IMO and he's a stud on special teams also.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Poor Woodard and Reid. Also though Bond would stick.

All three would be a good PS candidate. Reid just had more rust on him that the Rams could get knocked off. Bond may get a chance elsewhere @ ORG. Boudreau has a history of not keeping any reserves on the master roster who only plays one OL position well. Of his reserves that made the team he has Robinson who can play dominate @ both OLT & OLG. Mike Person can play all five posts and Barnes could play the three interior positions......Barnett Jones is a well known versatile OL'ers so Bond & his one post play just did not fit with Boudreau same with Hooey.

Athos

Legend
Any ideas when we'll know if the Rams picked up anyone that was cut for the 53 man or the PS?

A320driver

Rookie
All three would be a good PS candidate. Reid just had more rust on him that the Rams could get knocked off. Bond may get a chance elsewhere @ ORG. Boudreau has a history of not keeping any reserves on the master roster who only plays one OL position well. Of his reserves that made the team he has Robinson who can play dominate @ both OLT & OLG. Mike Person can play all five posts and Barnes could play the three interior positions......Barnett Jones is a well known versatile OL'ers so Bond & his one post play just did not fit with Boudreau same with Hooey.

Don't go calling Robinson "Dominant" at any position yet ?
False starts..off sides...blown assignments ie double teaming the wrong guy, and not picking up the right guy on protection calls is far flung from being dominant yet!....He's a rookie with tremendous upside by virtue of his draft position, but he's got a long way to go before they can trust him. ..Or he would most definitely be the starting LG if they did.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
While I agree with the majority of your statement, I think Bond's biggest issue was his inconsistency in learning the playbook. He missed too many assignments for a guy who was given EVERY SNAP as the 2nd unit RG. That ultimately was his undoing.

More than likely, Hooey will find his way back by way of the PS. Bond, not so much. And Bond was someone I liked. Physically, he had a lot to offer. But.......

CoachO

Hall of Fame
CoachO-

So what happens when Bailey comes back from suspension? They keep Pettis, cut him or cut someone else and carry another WR? Bailey is going to be a good one, IMO and he's a stud on special teams also.
There is so much that is going to happen between now and the time Bailey comes back. But for conversation sake, I would guess the first guy in jeopardy would be which ever they deem to be the 5th TE. That could be the case if they pick up an add'l LB between now and Tuesday as well.

Otherwise, injuries will most likely dictate who goes by week 5 when Bailey returns.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Don't go calling Robinson "Dominant" at any position yet ?
False starts..off sides...blown assignments ie double teaming the wrong guy, and not picking up the right guy on protection calls is far flung from being dominant yet!....He's a rookie with tremendous upside by virtue of his draft position, but he's got a long way to go before they can trust him. ..Or he would most definitely be the starting LG if they did.

I agree I should have place a few more words in my use of Dominant...:) I should have said ...I have seen GR have some dominate plays @ both OLT & OLG in pre season....I was trying to be NICE & POSITIVE here in my lowly state of promise on my 2014 Ram season. I must remind myself that GR has only two college seasons of football under his belt, GR was Redshirted in 2011. We should also recall his major weakness with the Tigers was slow learning how to adjust to overload pressure & switching off blocks.

A320driver

Rookie
I agree I should have place a few more words in my use of Dominant...:) I should have said ...I have seen GR have some dominate plays @ both OLT & OLG in pre season....I was trying to be NICE & POSITIVE here in my lowly state of promise on my 2014 Ram season. I must remind myself that GR has only two college seasons of football under his belt, GR was Redshirted in 2011. We should also recall his major weakness with the Tigers was slow learning how to adjust to overload pressure & switching off blocks.

Hey You have to be positive !...He is so athletic, and strong !
I saw him just get popped hard, let the DT get under his pad level, a lot of guys would have been pushed back into the pocket, but he bowed up and just fought the guy to a stalemate...In the NFL that's showing something !
So WTBS, I think if he works at it, he will be given every opportunity to get the play book down, and know the line calls so that he will be a meaningful piece in this unit !

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hey You have to be positive !...He is so athletic, and strong !
I saw him just get popped hard, let the DT get under his pad level, a lot of guys would have been pushed back into the pocket, but he bowed up and just fought the guy to a stalemate...In the NFL that's showing something !
So WTBS, I think if he works at it, he will be given every opportunity to get the play book down, and know the line calls so that he will be a meaningful piece in this unit !

Snead & Fisher have a lot riding on this young mountain of a man. Their 3 yr history of using first & second day draft picks on OL'ers has been brought up in many of discussions. I just happen to live smack in the middle of SEC territory so I know much about GR....& I am still very pleased with this selection. So pleased that it would not surprise me that by mid season he is our starting OLT not OLG.

jjab360

Legend
While the roster will probably change by Sunday, any early inactive player guesses?
I'm guessing..

RB: Tre Mason
TE: Alex Bayer, Justice Cunningham
OL: Barrett Jones
DL: Ethan Westbrooks
DB: Trumaine Johnson, Marcus Roberson

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While the roster will probably change by Sunday, any early inactive player guesses?
Due to injury - J.Cunningham, B.Jones, T. Johnson, B.McGee, W.Hayes I think are possibilities. Hayes and McGee might be ready though.