The Cost of Trading Ndamukong Suh

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id love to have him if we could make it work. Hes far more talented than anyone on our Dline not named Quinn

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Incredible that he could be traded. Lions have a lot of talent and too many $15 million+ contracts, I guess.. I do believe he is a very good player,
with a very bad D line coach. No one can really block him, but I don't see so many plays from him when he has one blocker to beat....yet his quickness and strength are excellent. I don't like him, and of course if he were on the Rams he would be a pro bowler every year with Waufle coaching him. Too bad his contract is too expensive. HIs 'kill' attitude would fit with the Rams that is for sure. But, he is a bit arrogant, eh....not a team guy like the Rams like. It will be 5 years before we can know who was the better choice (Bradford or him), but I will take Bradford 10 out of 10 times.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Incredible that he could be traded. Lions have a lot of talent and too many $15 million+ contracts, I guess.. I do believe he is a very good player,
with a very bad D line coach. No one can really block him, but I don't see so many plays from him when he has one blocker to beat....yet his quickness and strength are excellent. I don't like him, and of course if he were on the Rams he would be a pro bowler every year with Waufle coaching him. Too bad his contract is too expensive. HIs 'kill' attitude would fit with the Rams that is for sure. But, he is a bit arrogant, eh....not a team guy like the Rams like. It will be 5 years before we can know who was the better choice (Bradford or him), but I will take Bradford 10 out of 10 times.

According to a lot of what I have read he is a big liability against the run. He seems to be a one trick pony and frankly when he is getting beaten is when he throws fits and gets himself in trouble. For the type of money he wants and is getting paid right now you could have 2 players who are nearly as good and aren't a risk on and off the field.

I wouldn't take this guy for half the price.

You're right about the Lions and the big contracts. They have an awful lot of money tied up in just a few players and while I don't know how the contracts are structured that's never a good idea unless you are in the mix to win the SB right away and the Lions are nowhere near that LOL.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
According to a lot of what I have read he is a big liability against the run. He seems to be a one trick pony and frankly when he is getting beaten is when he throws fits and gets himself in trouble. For the type of money he wants and is getting paid right now you could have 2 players who are nearly as good and aren't a risk on and off the field.

I wouldn't take this guy for half the price.

You're right about the Lions and the big contracts. They have an awful lot of money tied up in just a few players and while I don't know how the contracts are structured that's never a good idea unless you are in the mix to win the SB right away and the Lions are nowhere near that LOL.

I'm not sure if he's a liability as much as the way their line works. They have two smaller primarily pass rushing DTs as starters. Their line was kind of weird and inverted, in that their DEs were great against the run and just OK pass rushers and their DTs were dominant pass rushers and just OK run defenders.

Stick Suh next to Brockers, and he will get it done even more than he currently does. Suh next to Fairley, however...That's some serious pressure, but in the run game they don't have enough strength IMO, so Suh is often stuck with double teams that he can't get through. With Brockers taking up blockers, (and Quinn and Long as well), Suh can play his style of football. Penetration and manhandling guys single handedly.

You're right about his attitude though.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not sure if he's a liability as much as the way their line works. They have two smaller primarily pass rushing DTs as starters. Their line was kind of weird and inverted, in that their DEs were great against the run and just OK pass rushers and their DTs were dominant pass rushers and just OK run defenders.

Stick Suh next to Brockers, and he will get it done even more than he currently does. Suh next to Fairley, however...That's some serious pressure, but in the run game they don't have enough strength IMO, so Suh is often stuck with double teams that he can't get through. With Brockers taking up blockers, (and Quinn and Long as well), Suh can play his style of football. Penetration and manhandling guys single handedly.

You're right about his attitude though.

Fair enough, you could be right, I was just regurgitating what I have read over the last couple of years when he comes up due to his behavior.

The Rams are going to need to save some (read big coin) of the DL budget for Quinn, so Suh is never going to happen anyway LOL.

…..

Legend
I think we should sign him and end the tired old debate once and for all :0)

j/k We dont want two top 5 players from the last rookie class that got bloated contracts. 1 is enuff.