The coach that's best for Goff vs the best overall HC candidate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I don't think it takes filling every hole if you have good coaches. Seahawks have a terrible OL. Packers have terrible CBs (due to injury). Dallas has holes all over their defense.

Good coaches can pull it all together and allow units to outplay their individual parts.

It might not be immediate next year. It takes time for players to break in a new system.

or it is possible that a new ol coach is all that's needed

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
McVay
Patricia
McDaniels

I think you have to factor in a little sizzle too and the magnitude of the job as well, in that case I like McVay and Patricia, but they are very inexperienced although Patricia has been DC for a long period of time...The reason I like Kyle Shanahan is you get a two for one because I'm sure that Mike Shanahan will come in as Offensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Caoch and will be able to call the plays which will alleviate that from Kyle and the two names will play in LA IMHO.

David Shaw would be my hope, he would be one heck of an NFL Coach and I applaud everyone for recognizing Mike MacIntyre, he has rebuilt two dormant programs at San Jose St., and Colorado, however, again there is going to have to be some sizzle to the name IMHO and Shanahan is totally running that Atlanta offense and is putting up points without Julius Jones something the Falcons have not been able to do in the past now@jrry32 has posted a concern about him relating to players, funny they used to say that about Belichick too.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The head coach doesn't necessarily have to be good with quarterbacks. As long as he can hire a coordinator who is and stay out of his way. I do believe Goff is the most important piece to this puzzle. They have to make it work with him. They sacrificed a portion of the future for him. So finding someone whether it be a head coach or coordinator to develop him is paramount to their success.

And for God's sake get him some weapons! Look what Oakland did. Carr was 3-13 in his first year. So they went out and got him some weapons and they have a pretty darn good offense today. And a playoff team on top of that.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I thinks it's the same as well. The HC will bring in the OC, RB coach, O-line coach, WR coach, QB coach, TE coach etc, and all that will have a great effect on how successful Goff will be as well. If he gets those hires right it will make the team as a whole, including Goff, much better.
Bingo. None of the current offensive coaches should be retained. Clean house with the entire offensive coaching staff in order to change the entire attitude.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Just a curiosity. How unrealistic would be to resign Mike Martz as the new OC? I know it sounds like a silly idea, but is really that more unrealistic than say Gruden or Harbaugh?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Love the new blood....First time HC....Coordinator or College HC preferred
And for God's sake get him some weapons! Look what Oakland did.
I hope by weapons you mean

1205756.jpg

D, Johnson

GettyImages-492212870-300x283.jpg

R. Johnson

CuayJEOXgAA_Hd_.jpg:large

Jon Toth....and yeah...size matters...as in, the most important addition. LOL
http://walterfootball.com/draft2017C.php

Jon Toth, C, Kentucky
Height: 6-5. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2017): 3-5.
12/10/16: Toth had a fine senior season and career at Kentucky. He started 47 straight games and was a big part of the Wildcats having a team average of 5.5 yards per carry. Toth has good size to be a center in the NFL. If he has a strong week at the Senior Bowl, he could rise to be one of the top centers in the 2017 NFL Draft class.

or

AP_16283134075842_r600x400.jpg

Frank Ragnow

Anderson said he thinks Ragnow is "the best center in the country" because of his leadership, ability to see defensive rotations and to change offensive line protections. But Anderson said Ragnow can benefit from another year at Arkansas and is hopeful Ragnow's love for college football will lure him back for his senior season.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-18-most-improved-players/
C Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

Like Foster, Ragnow hadn’t played poorly before this season, but has elevated himself into the upper echelon of offensive linemen in the nation with his play this year. Outstanding in the running game, Ragnow has been our highest-graded center as a run blocker, doing a fantastic job sealing defensive linemen at the point of attack and also at the second level and on pull blocks against linebackers. Playing center this year he has a pass blocking efficiency rating of 97.6, compared with 96.5 at guard a year ago. Ragnow has kicked inside from guard, and grown into the top center in the nation right now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No question the best HC option should be the priority. If that happens to turn out to be someone who is able to install an offense that benefits Goff that would be a bonus but it certainly isn't THE priority for me.

I would rather have a HC who brings a great team of coaches together who make the Rams a perennial playoff and superbowl contender not just a team with a good offense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I personally would go for the Best Over-All HC! He'll bring in the Best OC-DC-ST Coaches and Assistants!! That will Take care of Goff's Needs and Gurrrley's and everyone else! I am starting to think throwing a Lot of Power and Money at Nick Saban wouldn't be a Bad Idea!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a curiosity. How unrealistic would be to resign Mike Martz as the new OC? I know it sounds like a silly idea, but is really that more unrealistic than say Gruden or Harbaugh?
Totally unrealistic. And apples to oranges in comparison to Gruden/Harbaugh.
I loved having Martz as a HC and wish we never got rid of him. But he's 65 now, and out of the league for 5 seasons. If anyone had interest in him, he'd still be in the league