the closer we get to sunday the more I hate...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have a friend who lives in the Midwest who has DirecTV. We split the costs down the middle. He adds the streaming package, and I stream it online. If they sold to non-DirecTV people, I would just have my own subscription. I actually think the NFL is losing money on this deal with DirecTV. If they sold it to Verizon, AT&T, and the cable companies too, the way MLB, NBA and NHL do they could generate more income.

The near future is going to see sports go to pay per view like boxing does. They have been ahead of the curve on that front.

And it'll be done online. Sooner than you'd think. If the NFL isn't already working on this they aren't as smart as I thought.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
We dumped cable like a year ago, so I built a small media PC that I just put in my entertainment stand. With Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix and everything else, cable is obsolete anyway. I just run an HDMI from the computer to the TV and blamo!
I agree that bootlegging the games from the likes of firstrowsports isn't ideal, but I'll do anything to get my football jonez. I'll have to check out this wiziwig of which you speak.

Amen. I do not pay for media sat/cable anymore. Screw that.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I still like my live sports(football, baseball, and hockey) too much to dump cable.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, it works the same way as firstrowsports.eu does. Just go there at gametime, click on the blue link that says "LIVE SPORTS". From there click on "AM. FOOTBALL". Once you get here, you find the link for the Rams game, and click it....there will be several live links inside. Choose one that best fits your purpose.
Ok thanks, I will try it on tonight's game

iced

what is a good vpn? what does that mean exactly?
VPN is Virtual Private Network.. NFL.com offers a service to people outside the US to stream the games over the internet - i think its like $100 or somethin, not entirely sure. Anyway, you need the VPN to trick the services into thinking you're in another country (like argentina for example) and not the US. Hope that helps

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm going to have to use live streams to get my Rams fix or I'll be stuck watching the Seahawks and whatever other crap game they put on.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has anyone ever used the app live stream , it is on the apple store with four stars and it is free.

V3

Hall of Fame
what is a good vpn? what does that mean exactly?
A VPN is a virtual private network. It's essentially a proxy, that is, it routes your connection to another server and gives it a different IP address so sites don't know where you're really coming from. It's a good way of hiding yourself online. I would honestly recommend just about everyone use them the way that internet security is going and the way ISP's are cracking down on everything. Many people use them to stay safe torrenting, while others will use them for things like Netflix, MLB network, etc. Netflix is regional so if you have a subscription in the UK but want US programming, you can connect to a VPN server in the US and Netflix will think you are in the US and allow you to watch their shows. For MLB, games will be blacked out if you're in the region but if you connect to a VPN out of the region, you can watch the game. Those are just a couple examples.

Personally, I use privateinternetaccess.com. It works well and if you buy a year it's only like $3.33 per month. I may be a little off in the explanation but that's the jist of it. If you're going to stream stuff, I'd use one just so your ISP doesn't start sending you letters(they probably won't but it's been known to happen).

V3

Hall of Fame
The near future is going to see sports go to pay per view like boxing does. They have been ahead of the curve on that front.

And it'll be done online. Sooner than you'd think. If the NFL isn't already working on this they aren't as smart as I thought.
If the NFL went to PPV, I'm out. I'm already nickle and dimed on everything else as it is.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If the NFL went to PPV, I'm out. I'm already nickle and dimed on everything else as it is.

Ive always wondered and tried to figure out just what the hell that avatar picutre is?? maybe im blind can you help me out here.

V3

Hall of Fame
Ive always wondered and tried to figure out just what the hell that avatar picutre is?? maybe im blind can you help me out here.
A sloth with sunglasses

tumblr_mkrbuoqdbN1qh3c9yo1_500.jpg

giphy.gif

:)

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame

That's what killed boxing, IMO.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Ideally if it went PPV someone would set up a free alternative league...but it wouldn't work because the NFL has all the money, is established and the franchsises already have falns who will buy jerseys and tickets. And the players would initially be CFL and Arena league guys who couldn't get onto those teams so the product would be crappy at first. It would have to be a really organic, ground up movement driven by football fans who are just pissed off with being exploited rather than by another corporate mogul like Vince McMahon's idea a few years back.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
True for some, not for me. Money corrupts in the end...

I stopped watching boxing years ago when it became a circus act and not a sport, I never got into MMA because of how poorly the refs handle matches. Someone is going to get killed and the lawsuits that roll out afterwords will not be fun.