The cheering of Schuab injury, Rams chime in.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I bet all those fucking idiot fans felt pretty stupid when just a few plays after cheering that MS left with an injury his replacement tossed a pick 6 hahahahahahaha take that assholes.

As bad as Yates was I am sure they want MS back ASAP........that guy was awful.

I hope someone posts a short vid of that play on Texans message boards.

iced

Even in UFC, the crowd doesn't cheer if a guy looks to be seriously hurt...

I still remember this heavyweight getting kicked in the balls - he immediately dropped and started coughing... the crowd went "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and even cheered when he eventually left, of course the fight was called (and the kick was accidental but that dude's nuts were seriously injured)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
:shock:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24082733/texans-db-joseph-blasts-fans-for-cheering-schaub-injury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... aub-injury</a>

But the boldest statement might've come from cornerback Johnathan Joseph, who not-so-subtlely told fans if they were planning to continue and cheer injuries they could not come to the games.

"They gonna do that, don't show the f*** up."

It should be a fun week in Houston.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Not saying all Houston fans feel that way but it was pretty low class and makes the city look bad.

iced

CGI_Ram said:
:shock:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24082733/texans-db-joseph-blasts-fans-for-cheering-schaub-injury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... aub-injury</a>

But the boldest statement might've come from cornerback Johnathan Joseph, who not-so-subtlely told fans if they were planning to continue and cheer injuries they could not come to the games.

"They gonna do that, don't show the f*** up."

It should be a fun week in Houston.

I side with Joseph...and if I were Joseph (if I were a Houston starting CB on twitter), I would have said the exact same thing

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
HometownBoy said:
Thordaddy said:
FWIW the WHOLE thing is an overreaction to an overreaction.

No it's not polite to cheer when a guy gets hurt in a football game but it IS OK to do it when a guy gets KO'd in a boxing match ?
Can someone please explain the rules to me?

Gladly, one sport is about watching a guy get knocked out another is watching a guy play football. One sport where the entire purpose is to knock a guy out and the other is to get more points than the other person. Besides they're cheering for their own guy getting knocked out, nothing like somebody against another fighter cheering. It'd be like cheering the guy you bet on getting knocked out.

Not at all synonymous. It's like wondering why a guy in the military is treated like a hero, but a serial killer is derided.
terrible analogy the violent nature is the draw of both sports,
How many flag football games ya gonna pay to see?
They TOTALY appeal in like fashion.

Again I wouldn't cheer for what happened but I'm not apoplectic someone did, he'll I'm not big on booing for any reason( EXCEPT THE REFS)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Thordaddy said:
HometownBoy said:
Thordaddy said:

No it's not polite to cheer when a guy gets hurt in a football game but it IS OK to do it when a guy gets KO'd in a boxing match ?

Gladly, one sport is about watching a guy get knocked out another is watching a guy play football. One sport where the entire purpose is to knock a guy out and the other is to get more points than the other person. Besides they're cheering for their own guy getting knocked out, nothing like somebody against another fighter cheering. It'd be like cheering the guy you bet on getting knocked out.

Not at all synonymous. It's like wondering why a guy in the military is treated like a hero, but a serial killer is derided.

Again I wouldn't cheer for what happened but I'm not apoplectic someone did, he'll I'm not big on booing for any reason( EXCEPT THE REFS)

It's a perfectly good analogy, how many kids do you see playing football? A lot right, now how many kids do you see one on one boxing?

The nature of the sports are entirely different, the violent side of football is an after effect, nobody goes into football looking to injure a guy and if they do that's somebody nobody wants to play with. The violent nature of boxing is the nature of boxing, there is no other point to boxing.

Back to the soldier, murderer comparison.. One kills as a side effect of defending his country, one kills just because.. Should they both be regarded as heroes? Or should they both be regarded as monsters? Differences don't count if the similarity is ultimately the same yeah?

iced

HometownBoy said:
Thordaddy said:
HometownBoy said:
Thordaddy said:

It's a perfectly good analogy, how many kids do you see playing football? A lot right, now how many kids do you see one on one boxing?

The nature of the sports are entirely different, the violent side of football is an after effect, nobody goes into football looking to injure a guy and if they do that's somebody nobody wants to play with. The violent nature of boxing is the nature of boxing, there is no other point to boxing.

Back to the soldier, murderer comparison.. One kills as a side effect of defending his country, one kills just because.. Should they both be regarded as heroes? Or should they both be regarded as monsters? Differences don't count if the similarity is ultimately the same yeah?

Soldiers to serial killers are completely different and absurd.

Soldiers control themselves - they don't come back and keep killing. Serial killers satisfy an urge or a tick, usually from something traumatic that happened in their life (especially early on). Completely different.

Plus soldiers aren't considered criminally insane.

A soldier isn't going to break into your house in the middle in the night with the intent to injure you or your family - but I bet if you had a neighbor that was a soldier and heard/noticed somethin going on, they'd be one of the first ones to help out

jjab360

Legend
bskrilla said:
Thordaddy said:

I don't think the two situations are analogous. I think the equivalent of a boxer knocking out the other would be a DB laying the lead on a WR or a RB. It is perfectly acceptable to cheer in that situation assuming it was a clean hit.
Yeah, can't imagine anyone cheering if a guy gets his leg snapped in a UFC match.

iced

jjab360 said:
bskrilla said:
Thordaddy said:

I don't think the two situations are analogous. I think the equivalent of a boxer knocking out the other would be a DB laying the lead on a WR or a RB. It is perfectly acceptable to cheer in that situation assuming it was a clean hit.
Yeah, can't imagine anyone cheering if a guy gets his leg snapped in a UFC match.

Crowd didn't cheer with Tim Sylvia's forearm breaks right in front of them, especially on the replay - you could hear them going "OOOHHHHHHHHHHH"

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
iced said:
HometownBoy said:
Thordaddy said:
HometownBoy said:
Thordaddy said:

Soldiers to serial killers are completely different and absurd.

Soldiers control themselves - they don't come back and keep killing. Serial killers satisfy an urge or a tick, usually from something traumatic that happened in their life (especially early on). Completely different.

Plus soldiers aren't considered criminally insane.

A soldier isn't going to break into your house in the middle in the night with the intent to injure you or your family - but I bet if you had a neighbor that was a soldier and heard/noticed somethin going on, they'd be one of the first ones to help out
Thank you for helping my point.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stupid fans who cheer an injury = Serial killer/murderer comparisons?

Yeah ... let's try to rein this in a little, guys.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
X said:

Okay, allow me to elaborate since everybody is missing the point.

The point was NFL players equal soldiers=Killing/injuries come as a result of the bigger picture of their job.

Boxing/Murderer=The killing/injury is entirely their purpose, there's nothing else to it. I wasn't trying to compare anybody to outright malicious killing.

Perhaps a shonky comparison, so I apologize for any confusion and anger I might have caused in it.

iced

HometownBoy said:
X said:

The point was NFL players equal soldiers=Killing/injuries come as a result of the bigger picture of their job.

Boxing/Murderer=The killing/injury is entirely their purpose, there's nothing else to it. I wasn't trying to compare anybody to outright malicious killing.

Perhaps a shonky comparison, so I apologize for any confusion and anger I might have caused in it.

I don't see the analogy.

Even when I was doing MMA, we all know the risks going in....but the goal is never to intentionally ruin another fighters life or career..

but you also have to remember - these are individual sports, and these guys aren't a team or wearing laundry that represents a city either...they don't have a "team fan base" in the sense...they will never be boo'd because they are fighting badly, or cheered if they get hurt.

Being a soldier is an entirely different mentality then a fighter - there's a very realistic chance every battle could be your last...especially when you enter bombs, IED's, and guns into the equation.. fighters use their hands/legs, much different

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
iced said:
HometownBoy said:
X said:

I don't see the analogy.

Even when I was doing MMA, we all know the risks going in....but the goal is never to intentionally ruin another fighters life or career..

but you also have to remember - these are individual sports, and these guys aren't a team or wearing laundry that represents a city either...they don't have a "team fan base" in the sense...they will never be boo'd because they are fighting badly, or cheered if they get hurt.

Being a soldier is an entirely different mentality then a fighter - there's a very realistic chance every battle could be your last...especially when you enter bombs, IED's, and guns into the equation.. fighters use their hands/legs, much different
Yeah thinking about it now and looking at it from you guys perspective it was a pretty shitty analogy.

My bad.

iced

HometownBoy said:
I don't see the analogy.

Yeah thinking about it now and looking at it from you guys perspective it was a pretty crappy analogy.

My bad.[/quote]

Appreciate it :)

When I started typing the "MMA", I had to pause and laugh to myself.. "Oh I wonder where he's gonna go with this, Soldier and fighter" lol

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
iced said:
HometownBoy said:
I don't see the analogy.

Yeah thinking about it now and looking at it from you guys perspective it was a pretty crappy analogy.

My bad.

Appreciate it :)

When I started typing the "MMA", I had to pause and laugh to myself.. "Oh I wonder where he's gonna go with this, Soldier and fighter" lol[/quote]

Haha nah, I can't talk on fighters or soldiers.. I'm just some young buck in suburbs. The only thing I know about any combat is how bad I'd be at it. :lol:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:

Yeah they were stupid fans ,I agree, but how many real fans are ACTUALLY exercising the grey matter that much anyway? It's a purely illogical pursuit fandom
When people ride the lightning of fame and fortune there's an up and a DOWN side , Shaubs play this year has disappointed his "fans" , they desperately WANT to convey to him their feelings,THAT is all this was.

Players can lash back at the fans for it, but the fans pay their salaries.

Rush Limbaugh said it pretty well, he said : " The difference between me and you,is ,I'm up here" ( a stage) "and you're out there" he paused for laughter," but the ONLY reason I'm up here is because YOU ARE out there", so what if he got booed on the ground, in the end it's just AS important that we not become as objectionable and over the top in OUR rhetoric about OUR outrage ,which BTW I don't have any left over for since I have REAL PROBLEMS to be outraged over :ww:

iced

HometownBoy said:
Haha nah, I can't talk on fighters or soldiers.. I'm just some young buck in suburbs. The only thing I know about any combat is how bad I'd be at it. :lol:

:lol:

It's rarely worth it anyway - cause if you accidentally hurt the dude badly, now who's getting sued and probably charged lol