The Cardinals - Darnell Dockett Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
WHY THE HELL DOES "THEY PLAY IN A TOUGH DIVISION" ONLY APPLY TO THE RAMS AND CARDINALS????!!!!!!!

freakin hell, that pisses me off more than anything lately. Any Sam Bradford make-or-break article, any Bernie video, any PD poster.

Does SF and the goddamn shitchickens not play in the same freakin division?!?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE RAMS BEAT THEIR ASSES THIS YEAR. SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rams- 10-6
Cardinals- 9-7
SF- 6-10
shitchickens- who the freak cares except their bandwagon fans.

This made me laugh. You lived up to your username here. Good work!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Brett Keisel - DL - Free Agent
Free agent DE Brett Keisel will take a physical for the Cardinals on Tuesday.
The fit makes sense after the Cardinals lost LE Darnell Dockett to a torn ACL on Monday. Keisel, 36 in September, knows coach Bruce Arians from their time together in Pittsburgh. He's stayed in shape and wants to play another season. Keisel registered 29 tackles and four sacks for the Steelers last year.
Related: Cardinals
Source: Kent Somers on Twitter
Aug 19 - 1:41 PM

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The games against the Cardinals need to be wins now. They have half the defense that they once did. I guarantee they don't get close to 10 wins this season.
Agreed, if Shotty can put together a smart gameplan that is.
AZ is going to look for a shootout type game at this point, and they'll have the offense to do it IMO. Keep them off the field and punish their front seven with our backs and TE's.
I expect us and those "other" two division teams to run the ball down their throats and not be sly about it. This is NOT the division to be in if you can't stop the run.

If i'm AZ i would seriously consider trying to install some more 4-3 looks considering their current personnel issues up front.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brett Keisel - DL - Free Agent
Free agent DE Brett Keisel will take a physical for the Cardinals on Tuesday.
The fit makes sense after the Cardinals lost LE Darnell Dockett to a torn ACL on Monday. Keisel, 36 in September, knows coach Bruce Arians from their time together in Pittsburgh. He's stayed in shape and wants to play another season. Keisel registered 29 tackles and four sacks for the Steelers last year.
Related: Cardinals
Source: Kent Somers on Twitter
Aug 19 - 1:41 PM

Steelers bring back Brett Keisel after he snubs Arizona
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 19, 2014

keisel.jpg
AP

Well, now we know why longtime Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel turned down the Cardinals’ generous offer to come out for a visit.

Because he’s a Steeler again.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Keisel has agreed to return to the Steelers for a 13th season.

The move is a win-win, as Keisel lends some stability to a defensive line that lost some parts this offseason, and the timing kept him from having to go to training camp.

Any veteran will welcome that, and now the Steelers are welcoming Keisel home, and it only took using the Cardinals for a little leverage to get it done.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm hearing that 3rd rd draft pick DE Kareem Martin may be injured now too. Not confirmed.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
WHY THE HELL DOES "THEY PLAY IN A TOUGH DIVISION" ONLY APPLY TO THE RAMS AND CARDINALS????!!!!!!!

freakin hell, that pisses me off more than anything lately. Any Sam Bradford make-or-break article, any Bernie video, any PD poster.

Does SF and the goddamn shitchickens not play in the same freakin division?!?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE RAMS BEAT THEIR ASSES THIS YEAR. SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rams- 10-6
Cardinals- 9-7
SF- 6-10
shitchickens- who the freak cares except their bandwagon fans.
lmao THIS POST IS CLASS

I have us going 10-6 as well... hopefully we sneak another W or two from those 6 losses we are estimating.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Steelers bring back Brett Keisel after he snubs Arizona
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 19, 2014

keisel.jpg
AP

Well, now we know why longtime Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel turned down the Cardinals’ generous offer to come out for a visit.

Because he’s a Steeler again.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Keisel has agreed to return to the Steelers for a 13th season.

The move is a win-win, as Keisel lends some stability to a defensive line that lost some parts this offseason, and the timing kept him from having to go to training camp.

Any veteran will welcome that, and now the Steelers are welcoming Keisel home, and it only took using the Cardinals for a little leverage to get it done.

Oh hell yeah.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Cardinals keep bolstering defensive line, add Ryan McBean
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2014

ryanmcbeanultgkd5zan6m.jpg
Getty Images

The Cardinals aren’t done trying to bolster their defensive line.

In addition to bringing in veteran defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga, the Cardinals have also agreed to terms with veteran defensive lineman Ryan McBean, a league source tells PFT.

The 30-year-old McBean hasn’t seen the field in a regular-season game since 2011, when he played all 16 games for the Broncos. In 2012 he signed with the Ravens in the offseason but didn’t play for them in the regular season.

The Cardinals have been trying to beef up their defensive line since losing Darnell Dockettto a torn ACL. Sopoaga and McBean may provide some veteran depth, but neither player will come close to making up for the loss of Dockett.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, if Shotty can put together a smart gameplan that is.
AZ is going to look for a shootout type game at this point, and they'll have the offense to do it IMO. Keep them off the field and punish their front seven with our backs and TE's.
I expect us and those "other" two division teams to run the ball down their throats and not be sly about it. This is NOT the division to be in if you can't stop the run.

If i'm AZ i would seriously consider trying to install some more 4-3 looks considering their current personnel issues up front.

If our defense lets Palmer tear us up, it'll be another long year.

Bluntly put, if they beat us, they better do it with their D. I'll be ticked if we let that offense beat us. Their QB is mediocre and their OL has no business winning the battle of the trenches.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cardinals keep bolstering defensive line, add Ryan McBean
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2014

ryanmcbeanultgkd5zan6m.jpg
Getty Images

The Cardinals aren’t done trying to bolster their defensive line.

In addition to bringing in veteran defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga, the Cardinals have also agreed to terms with veteran defensive lineman Ryan McBean, a league source tells PFT.

The 30-year-old McBean hasn’t seen the field in a regular-season game since 2011, when he played all 16 games for the Broncos. In 2012 he signed with the Ravens in the offseason but didn’t play for them in the regular season.

The Cardinals have been trying to beef up their defensive line since losing Darnell Dockettto a torn ACL. Sopoaga and McBean may provide some veteran depth, but neither player will come close to making up for the loss of Dockett.
Oh crap. They signed McBean!?!?!

rudd.gif

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I can see the Cardinals picking up any d lineman the Rams cut! Likely to be better than most of the rest of the waiver wire prospects!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/23/nfl-training-camp-arizona-cardinals/
Cardinals Report: Goodbye to Camp Cupcake
It was the last day of training camp for the Cardinals, who are refining what could be an explosive offense. It will need to be considering the losses they've suffered on the other side of the ball
By Peter King

john-brown-800.jpg

Rookie John Brown has emerged as a force this summer. (Ross D. Franklin/AP)

I’m in Glendale, Ariz. where the Cardinals, for the second straight year after holding camp in cool-climated Flagstaff, Ariz., are indoors at the air-conditioned University of Phoenix Stadium. No outside two-a-days in the brutal heat, as teams had before the 2011 Collective Bargaining Agreement softened the practice regimen at camps and eliminated double practices in one day. “It’s Camp Cupcake,’’ coach Bruce Arians told me with a grin.

ONE VIVID MEMORY FROM WATCHING PRACTICE
The fast ascension of rookie wide receiver John Brown. You may have heard some things about young Mr. Brown, the third-round pick from Division-II Pittsburg State (Kan.) who has taken Cards camp by storm. Early in practice, during a red-zone passing period in 11-on-11 play, Brown was lined up wide left in a three-wide set on the second play, in the right slot tight with Larry Fitzgerald two plays later, in a tight bunch with running back Andre Ellington split left the next, in a four-wide set in the left slot the next. On the first seven-on-seven snap in the open field during the next period, Brown was in on the first play and caught a long out from Carson Palmer. “I’d say we could use him about 60% of the offensive snaps,’’ coach Bruce Arians told me. Pretty precocious kid, according to everyone in camp. Very fast, and slight, at 179 pounds.

HOW THIS TEAM CAN GO 12–4
Carson Palmer becomes the triggerman for an explosive offense, the kind Bruce Arians wanted when he took this job 20 months ago. Arians is confident Palmer has all the weapons he needs for the Cards to be a contender. But there’s a but here. Palmer’s going to have to score a boatload of points. GM Steve Keim acknowledged to me that he has “some questions” about how the front seven will perform in the wake of a fairly rapacious few months. Both inside linebackers—Karlos Dansby (who departed as a free-agent to Cleveland) and Daryl Washington (suspended for the season in May), and key defensive tackle Darnell Dockett (a torn ACL at last Monday’s practice) are gone. The secondary is good, but the front seven needs to play over its head.

HOW THIS TEAM CAN GO 4–12
Three ways: Palmer is error-prone, more the first-half quarterback from 2013 than the second-half guy; the defense can’t make up for very significant losses (particularly Washington); and the offensive line, which has been shaky this summer, lets too much pressure get to Palmer.

NOW, FROM FANTASYLAND …
1. Carson Palmer is a great backup quarterback, and I would be surprised if he didn’t play well enough to be a top-12 quarterback in fantasy this year. He was 7-2 down the stretch, with two 400-yard passing games. And his weaponry is better.

2. Not buying Larry Fitzgerald is probably the smart thing. Not that he’s going to fall off the face of the earth statistically, but Palmer’s got so many other alternatives that he and Arians like a lot.

3. John Brown will be over-hyped and some wise guy in your league could take him too high. But he’s really fast (second to Dri Archer at the combine this year), and Arians is going to call his name a lot. Taking him in the 10th round would probably be a good risk.

Cooper was never hurt at North Carolina, and the Cards took him with the seventh pick of the 2013 draft. It’s been a disaster since. He broke his leg in camp last year—a bad lower-leg break, and he came to camp this year still favoring it—and he’s had swelling in a knee. In short, the Cards have gotten zero return so far on Cooper, and it’s no lock he’ll be healthy enough to be a big player this year … Look for a slot job sharing arrangement, obviously, with the talent at receiver here. But Arians trains his receivers to play different places.

Look for Fitzgerald to play some slot this year, as he did a year ago … Isaac Sopoaga has been impressive this week at the nose, and the Cards are thinking about using him to spell Williams 10 to 15 snaps a game … The inside linebackers are in flux, due to loss of talent and injury … Bucannon is going to get on the field early and often, and he could play a nickel safety role prominently.

BEST NEW PLAYER IN CAMP
John Brown, wide receiver. For the reasons listed above. Talked to him after practice, and he doesn’t act like the game’s overwhelming him at this level. “I don’t look at all this,’’ he told me, motioning up to the stands and scoreboard at UofP Stadium after practice. “I worked with Carson a lot, one on one, and I just think of that when I’m out here on the field. I just concentrate on the play and not all the surroundings.” Wait till you get to Seattle, John.

STRONG OPINION THAT I MAY REGRET BY NOVEMBER
The Cards will take a step back on defense, mostly because of the loss of Washington, the one irreplaceable defender. I don’t see them being a top-10 defense again.

SOMETHING I’VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE
A naked field in the morning during the walk-through practice at the far end of the domed stadium. The team worked on the 35-yard Field Turf field, while the 100-yard grass field was out in the UoP Stadium parking lot, soaking up the weather and, presumably, growing a little bit. For the 2 p.m. Pacific Time practice, the 100-yard grass field was rolled in on trays, a deal that took about an hour to put in place. And the players worked for two-and-a-half on the last day of training camp on the grass field. Portable training camp!

WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I WALKED OUT OF CAMP
High on the offense. Shaky on the front seven. If defensive coordinator Todd Bowles can plug the holes on defense and Palmer stays upright, this is a dangerous team. If not, it could be a 7-9 team.
-------------------------------
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-s...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+deadspin/full+(Deadspin)
Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Arizona Cardinals
By Drew Magary

azcards

UDFA
New to the forum but posted in the introduce yourself thread.

I (and quite a few cards fans) don't think the loss of Dockett is as big of a deal as some in the media are making it. He isn't anywhere near the same player that he was a few years ago, and it's far and few plays between now that he even get's pressure on the QB.

But, the biggest loss on D will absolutely be the LBs. Money talks so Dansby left, I get it...but Washington, sigh.

Top 5 LB in the league, and acts like an idiot off the field.

PhxRam

Money talks so Dansby left

For the second time which I find comical. He left the first time because of money, admitted to it (which I am fine with) came back saying he made his money, then left again because of money.

azcards

UDFA
For the second time which I find comical. He left the first time because of money, admitted to it (which I am fine with) came back saying he made his money, then left again because of money.

Yep hilarious isn't it? And if I remember right, he said something last year that he had unfinished business in AZ when he came back..o well.

PhxRam

Yep hilarious isn't it? And if I remember right, he said something last year that he had unfinished business in AZ when he came back..o well.

He certainly didnt endear himself with some of the Cards DLine the second go around.