The Cardinals - Darnell Dockett Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WHY THE HELL DOES "THEY PLAY IN A TOUGH DIVISION" ONLY APPLY TO THE RAMS AND CARDINALS????!!!!!!!

freakin hell, that pisses me off more than anything lately. Any Sam Bradford make-or-break article, any Bernie video, any PD poster.

Does SF and the goddamn shitchickens not play in the same freakin division?!?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE RAMS BEAT THEIR ASSES THIS YEAR. SUCK IT BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rams- 10-6
Cardinals- 9-7
SF- 6-10
shitchickens- who the freak cares except their bandwagon fans.
giphy.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Word is that ILB Kevin Minter could have a torn pectoral. He was the guy who was in line to step up in place of the Dansby/Daryl Washington hole(s) at inside backer.
It's not official as to the extent of the injury but it looks like he'll miss some time.

When it rains it pours.

Dockett now too? What's the catch phrase this year for the teams going for Jameis Winston? Whatever it is, Cards fans better start chanting now. This defense couldn't afford another key loss.

Lose them all for the criminal.

Sure it requires you to change pronunciation of the word criminal to make it an exact rhyme but still.

Rambition

Rookie
Darnell Dockett carted off at Cardinals practice with apparent right leg injury
Posted by Mike Wilkening on August 18, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptezm2i4ntjjnzgzmjc3m2uzndjlmwnmyjdmytg0ztdl-e1408402611350.jpeg
AP

A Cardinals stalwart reportedly departed practice on a cart Monday after suffering an apparent leg injury.

According to Paola Bolvin of the Arizona Republic, defensive tackle Darnell Dockett went down with a possible right leg injury and was eventually carted off the field.

The 33-year-old Dockett has been a starter for Arizona throughout his career and has missed just two regular season games in 10 NFL seasons. A three-time Pro Bowler, Dockett has recorded 459 tackles and 40.5 sacks.

Losing Dockett for any major length of time would be a blow to an Arizona defense already without star inside linebacker Daryl Washington (suspension).
i think this is the play he got injured on...
dockett.gif

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
My God, the Cardinals are almost defenseless.

• By Mike Coppinger
The Arizona Cardinals have absorbed another blow to their once-formidable front seven.

Defensive end Darnell Dockett was carted off from practice Monday and will miss the season with atorn right ACL, the team announced. He will undergo surgery to repair his knee.

Dockett did not tear his MCL, which will make his rehab a bit easier and allow him to undergo surgery sooner, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, per a source close to the player.

At 33, Dockett isn't the same player he once was, but he's been the very model of durability over 10 NFL seasons (all with the Cards) and is the team's defensive leader. He's missed just two games in that time, even more impressive when you consider the punishing nature of playing in the trenches year in and out.

The Cardinals have already lost standout linebacker Karlos Dansby to free agency and Daryl Washington to suspension.

They'll now have to attempt to replicate last year's No. 1 run defense without Dockett, too.

Link

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Holy crap...

I've never seen a defense lose this many key guys.

Dockette may be all but done after this knee, too. He's 33 and was slowing down, anyhow.

They don't have many guys left, this is crazy.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I don't wish an injury like that on any player, even if its our direct rivals.
However, because of this, I cant see how we don't at least finish 3rd in our division.. barring any serious injuries on our side

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I don't wish an injury like that on any player, even if its our direct rivals.
However, because of this, I cant see how we don't at least finish 3rd in our division.. barring any serious injuries on our side

The games against the Cardinals need to be wins now. They have half the defense that they once did. I guarantee they don't get close to 10 wins this season.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Dockett's one of the select group of players who play for hated teams I respect and wish we had,sort of like Willie McGinest ,they are too good to hate them if you appreciate excellence of play.
I agree Rastaman ,but I thought they were going to struggle already on defense this is IMO about the last thing they needed.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
All is not lost for them on defense as long as they have Campbell and Peterson. But this one hurts, no doubt about it.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Feel bad for the Cards. I was hoping they'd push the 49ers and Seahawks out of 2nd and 3rd place in the division this year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The next person that starts a thread on Darnell Dockett's injury will cause me to re-post the "The Search Engine Is Your Friend" thread. Bloody hell!

1zldagg.jpg

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The next person that starts a thread on Darnell Dockett's injury will cause me to re-post the "The Search Engine Is Your Friend" thread. Bloody hell!

1zldagg.jpg

It's CNN syndrome. Where you feel you have to be the first one to report the news no matter what.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I feel bad for Dockett. He's a good player. Respect-worthy, even.

Athos

Legend
Washington and Dockett?
Doesn't that pretty much gut their front line?

Granted, they still have a great backfield, but I imagine they're going to have some issues created pressure upfront this year. And I already thought they'd been overrated anyway.

Now is the time for the Rams. Kick them in the teeth and right in the berries where it hurts most. Can't wait to see our, hopefully, fully healthy O-Line go toe-to-toe with these jokers.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
...and the middle of that Cardinals defense gets softer and softer. Good thing they're not in a division where all of the teams focus on running the football first and foremost...

Oh wait.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Washington and Dockett?
Doesn't that pretty much gut their front line?

Granted, they still have a great backfield, but I imagine they're going to have some issues created pressure upfront this year. And I already thought they'd been overrated anyway.

Now is the time for the Rams. Kick them in the teeth and right in the berries where it hurts most. Can't wait to see our, hopefully, fully healthy O-Line go toe-to-toe with these jokers.
And Dansby, and Honey Badger still isn't back from a double knee joint tear (but he's maybe coming off the PUP today.) Oh, and the severity of Minter's pectoral tear is still up in the air. Right now they're talking holding him out of the preseason, but surgery will cost him 3-5 months.
A hot mess.