The Cardinals and the Greenbrier haunting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://blog.azcardinals.com/2015/10/15/the-greenbrier-haunting-tony-jefferson/

The Greenbrier haunting Tony Jefferson
Posted by Darren Urban on October 15, 2015

Tony Jefferson didn’t come to The Greenbrier expecting ghosts or a haunted room, but he insists he heard a voice — “a little girl voice” — whispering something that first night. “The lights haven’t been off since,” the safety said (with teammate Patrick Peterson laughing in the background.)

That’s how the story came up in the first place, admittedly. Peterson was being interviewed and after he mentioned some on the team thought this week’s hotel might be haunted, he noted Jefferson was the most scared. Jefferson, who isn’t exactly soft after growing up in a rough part of San Diego, had no problem fessing up.

“My lights are still on,” Jefferson said. “There’s something in there, bro. I promise you. I’ve heard it. And I keep the lights on. I don’t want to see it. I’ll hear it but I don’t want to see it.”

Fellow defensive back Jerraud Powers said one of the hotel workers told them while he had never seen a ghost, there have been multiple guests over the years that had mentioned weird things. What that would be is … hard to say. There is the story about “The Greenbrier Ghost,” a woman named Zona Heaster who was murdered, but the spectral nickname has to do with the fact she was murdered in Greenbrier county, West Virginia, and not at the hotel.

When a hotel has been around since 1778, however, there are going to be some creaks you’ll hear, right?

“You hear a lot of guys talk, ‘Oh, the hotel’s haunted,’ ” Peterson said. “So they’re going around in groups. It’s helping us bond as a team, getting us closer.”

Peterson said he, Powers, Rashad Johnson and Tyrann Mathieu all room together, and “if one leaves, we all leave.” It’s about being smart. Powers admitted he leaves his bathroom light on. That’s enough.

“I haven’t seen anything but you do hear some weird noises at night,” Peterson added. “But I don’t pay no mind. I fall right asleep.”

Jefferson can’t say the same. His lights are on for a reason. And “they’re not going off.”

haunteduse.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Maybe the voices are his head. "Gurley's gonna make you his bitch".

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
One of you locals needs to get their practical joke skills tuned up for when the Cardinals come into town.