The Bye Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I saw a post by @I like Rams in the Watkins thread that said "I think they focus on Watkins, Everett and Higbee alot during this bye week." and it got me to thinking.

How much time will they really have?

Assuming they aren't headed back to LA until today... then a few days to adjust to the time zone changes (this time, it will be more severe because there was no intermediary stop in a middle time zone).

Then, assuming coach gives them a few days R&R for family, friends, etc. (normally, they'd get a lot more of this)

Guessing they won't be back to "work" until next week... and then they have to go back to the east coast again (NY).

So, while a typical bye week might be a great opportunity to recharge the batteries, I'm not so sure this is anything near your normal bye week, with the associated benefits.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So I saw a post by @I like Rams in the Watkins thread that said "I think they focus on Watkins, Everett and Higbee alot during this bye week." and it got me to thinking.

Assuming they aren't headed back to LA until today... then a few days to adjust to the time zone changes (this time, it will be more severe because there was no intermediary stop in a middle time zone).

Then, assuming coach gives them a few days R&R for family, friends, etc. (normally, they'd get a lot more of this)

Guessing they won't be back to "work" until next week... and then they have to go back to the east coast again (NY).

So, while a typical bye week might be a great opportunity to recharge the batteries, I'm not so sure this is anything near your normal bye week, with the associated benefits.

Well we know there will be constant working. This isn't the country club culture we are use to seeing. So I think a lot of things are going to be perfected during this BYE week.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess the best advice would be "don't unpack your suitcase".:effemine:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

If I were coaching, I'd let the guys have half a week off. Get them back in their on a thursday, go over some plays that work on what's needed like I said. Come Sunday, put those plays into action like it was a real game (minus full tackles). Then you have a whole other week to get those plays involved when practicing going against the giants.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
If I were coaching, I'd let the guys have half a week off. Get them back in their on a thursday, go over some plays that work on what's needed like I said. Come Sunday, put those plays into action like it was a real game (minus full tackles). Then you have a whole other week to get those plays involved when practicing going against the giants.

If I were the coach, I’d see how much support we would get to go to NY Thursday and have another mini-camp time to re-focus. I’d let the team and coaches even vote on it so it wouldn’t cause dissention. As a compromise, players wouldn’t have to report til Wednesday. But that’s just me

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
If I were the coach, I’d see how much support we would get to go to NY Thursday and have another mini-camp time to re-focus. I’d let the team and coaches even vote on it so it wouldn’t cause dissention. As a compromise, players wouldn’t have to report til Wednesday. But that’s just me
Which Thursday? This Thursday or next?

rdw

Pro Bowler
Second youngest team in the NFL, they can handle it!

Give Whitworth some extra time off though ;)

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think according to the CBA, they have to give them a half a week (Thursday or Friday to Sunday) and then they go back in on Monday start meetings and film on NYG. Now because their travel plans were later (today instead of yesterday....) they might forego their normal Tuesday off to get off on Thursday. But that would be between the players and McVay.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think according to the CBA, they have to give them a half a week (Thursday or Friday to Sunday) and then they go back in on Monday start meetings and film on NYG. Now because their travel plans were later (today instead of yesterday....) they might forego their normal Tuesday off to get off on Thursday. But that would be between the players and McVay.
Yea, the fact they've been out of their natural time zone for over a week, it makes more sense to give them the half week off right away. Allow them to get reacclimated so theyre not training fatigued.

Rainram

Starter
Meanwhile the Giants also have a bye week and get to stay home for 2 weeks.

They might be 1-6. But I wouldn’t sleep on them at all! They’ve had a tough schedule. Let’s take a closer look

@ Dallas. Loss 19-3. Dallas is good.
Vs Detroit. Loss 24-10. Detroit is tough.
@ Philly. Loss 27-24. Close game against a great team on the road.
@ TB. Loss 25-23. Tampa is disappointing this year. But the Giants were in it.
Vs Chargers. Loss 27-22. Close game against a good team.
@ Denver. Win 23-10. Two score win on the road against an average team.
Vs Seattle. Loss 24-7. But that game was much closer for most of the game than the score suggests.

Combine record of their opponents: 23-20.

They seem to be a team that has been so anemic on offense that their good defense just gives way at some point.

Road game. They’ll have more rest. They’re desperate for wins.

Has more of a “Jacksonville feel” to me, as opposed to the Cardinal game. Might be tougher than some think.

fearsomefour

Legend
Which is what most staffs do I think.
Come in for needed treatments and lifting etc.
But outside of that, time off.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
They seem to be a team that has been so anemic on offense that their good defense just gives way at some point.

That sounds awfully familiar. I think I knew a team like that last year. And the year before. And the year before.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

Considering the logistical planning from Jacksonville to London, wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to this. The jet lag from West to East coast is a nuisance (took me a week and a half to acclimate to PST after my Euro trip and these guys are travelling across time zones everywhere); our coaching staff will find a way to make it comfortable with these guys

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our team is hungry for wins...This is the team Chris Long dreamed of seeing and never did. Giants are probably a nice team and all, but they have no clue what's about to hit them...

So who who is Eli's back up?
~Aaron Donald

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Considering the logistical planning from Jacksonville to London, wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to this. The jet lag from West to East coast is a nuisance (took me a week and a half to acclimate to PST after my Euro trip and these guys are travelling across time zones everywhere); our coaching staff will find a way to make it comfortable with these guys
Very different though. They didn't stay in Jax a few days before to acclimated to east coast time. They did however stay in Jax the whole week instead of going home and having almost a 12 hr time difference.

Playing teams across the country is something every team does every season. So while it sucks, it is quite normal. I dont see why any other team would voucher for the rams to come in early and practice to get acclimated when almost every team does the same type of travel every season?