The bottom line, to T. Soft, was ... interesting.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Tony Softli
http://www.101sports.com/category/tsoft ... for-pride/

With the St. Louis Rams mathematically still alive in the playoff picture, yesterday’s melt down was indicative of a young team that still has a long way to go in building their championship foundation. The NFL’s leading rusher Adrian Peterson displayed his talents by rushing for 212 yards on 24 attempts against the Rams.

The Rams’ defense started out stout with a new look-- aligning three defensive tackles over the Vikings’ center and both guards—and held Peterson to minus three yards on his first five touches and bottled AD (Petersons nickname All Day) up in the first quarter yielding 8 carries for only 8 yards.

The offense sputtered badly in the first half, but this has been the norm for most of the season while the defense carried them. So your no longer in the playoff hunt, now what?

With two games remaining and nothing to play for, pride matters! This is when you find out what kind of character is in the locker room, who still has a ton of heart, desire and fight. Coach Fisher put it best when asked about the remaining two games both on the road, he replied, “We’re going to play and play hard and finish up strong. We’re going to come back and practice and get ready to win the next ball game. So, that’s our approach. We’ve got a good thing going in that locker room and we’re going to continue with it.”

[hil]The bottom line is this team is not good enough to overcome several offensive mistakes, the two turnovers (fumble and pick six) and they stopped feeding SJ39. He was punishing a Viking defense that had no answer against the Rams’ best offensive weapon. Despite 21 total touches for 146 all-purpose yards, he was limited to 13 total rushes and was found standing on the sideline in several critical situations (two minute drill and no huddle offense). When you need one yard and your 235 pound Pro Bowl running back is on the sideline holding his helmet, that’s very interesting![/hil]

While I was shaking my head about Sunday afternoon’s Rams vs. Vikings game and gathering my thoughts well into Monday morning, I reflected and realized I had witnessed something special--football moments that only come once or twice in a football fans life time. Two future Pro Football Hall of Fame running backs went head to head and put on a show yesterday. The Vikings’ Peterson slashed through the Rams defense, stringing together multiple cuts on a single run and showing no ill effects of his surgical knee (ACL) with long runs weaving thru traffic creating separation with burst and acceleration to finish each and every play falling forward. The Rams’ Jackson displayed a powerful and explosive inside running style, great pad level, leg drive to get great yards after contact, feet to bounce to open space, along with versatility to catch the ball with run after catch skills.

Have they started human cloning yet? Can you imagine cross sectioning cells and cloning Peterson and Jackson, the landscape of the NFL running back would change forever.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, when we get down... the offense becomes a little desperate. To come back, we need to peck, peck, peck. Not much in our offense that can be categorized as explosive.

Sure Givens has had some moments. So has Amendola. But I'm talking about the overall power of the offense.

But, to the meat of this post... SJ can catch passes. He should have been more involved when we got down even if that means in the passing game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
Yeah, when we get down... the offense becomes a little desperate. To come back, we need to peck, peck, peck. Not much in our offense that can be categorized as explosive.

Sure Givens has had some moments. So has Amendola. But I'm talking about the overall power of the offense.

But, to the meat of this post... SJ can catch passes. He should have been more involved when we got down even if that means in the passing game.
^ This.

I don't think I've ever seen Jackson NOT get positive yardage in the passing game. I've always wanted to see him more involved in that. If he can't get through a clogged up line, then swing it out to him in space and let him square up on a scrawny corner. No corner wants to see that. None of them.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
That's what pissed me off the most in this game. The game was 7-0 Vikings. Jackson rips off runs of 13 and 15 yards respectively to get us to MIN 44 yard line. Schotty then decides to call 3 straight pass plays and the drive stalls.

C'mon man! You have Jackson, eager and ready to have a big game and you shy away from him. UGH it disgusts me just thinking about it. :amped:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Young Ram said:
That's what pissed me off the most in this game. The game was 7-0 Vikings. Jackson rips off runs of 13 and 15 yards respectively to get us to MIN 44 yard line. Schotty then decides to call 3 straight pass plays and the drive stalls.

C'mon man! You have Jackson, eager and ready to have a big game and you shy away from him. UGH it disgusts me just thinking about it. :amped:
That one confused everybody, but you can see the thinking. It was a good time to try and rip off a deep play-action pass. Problem is, if you miss, you now kinda HAVE to pass again. And now they're looking for it. I'd much rather they keep hammering away until they show you that they can stop him. And it wasn't very often that they DID stop him, so I dunno. Maybe just don't get cute with the playcalling next time and let Jax do his thang.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
X said:
Young Ram said:

That one confused everybody, but you can see the thinking. It was a good time to try and rip off a deep play-action pass. Problem is, if you miss, you now kinda HAVE to pass again. And now they're looking for it. I'd much rather they keep hammering away until they show you that they can stop him. And it wasn't very often that they DID stop him, so I dunno. Maybe just don't get cute with the playcalling next time and let Jax do his thang.

I don't remember too clearly but I don't think any of those 3 passes had play-action. I could be wrong but if I'm right that's even more idiotic.