The Boring Oscars

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I usually can't watch about 10 minutes of this dribble. I rarely agree with the awards given anyways so I usually don't waste my time except for hoping for a wardrobe malfunction. ;)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
If it hadn't been for the segment with Julie Andrews, I'd have not seen any of it! Crushed on her when I was 14! Lovely and sang like an angel!

Athos

Legend
People still watch the Oscars? :ROFLMAO:

It's just a bunch of hollywood stars wanking each other.

Seriously though, anyone ever give thought to how creepy it is that everyone seems interrelated? It really is like one big family incest pool with everyone dating everyone else at some point and likely all boinking each other at some point or another.

Which is why I find it good on the folk who end up with normal people.

fearsomefour

Legend
People still watch the Oscars? :ROFLMAO:

It's just a bunch of hollywood stars wanking each other.

Seriously though, anyone ever give thought to how creepy it is that everyone seems interrelated? It really is like one big family incest pool with everyone dating everyone else at some point and likely all boinking each other at some point or another.

Which is why I find it good on the folk who end up with normal people.
The ultimate old boys network...,well, along with the NFL.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I can't stand award shows, but I might watch bits and pieces of them.

The Oscars is one award show I actively refuse to watch.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
If it hadn't been for the segment with Julie Andrews, I'd have not seen any of it! Crushed on her when I was 14! Lovely and sang like an angel!
I too have always had a soft spot in my heart for Mary Poppins. I kind of wish I had seen that now.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I may have it on while I'm reading or something but only pay attention if it's something I want to see.

I was hoping Michael Keaton would get a Best Actor award this year and I was rooting for "Whiplash" in anything it was nominated for, but beyond that I didn't care too much about the awards. I don't usually agree with them, anyway.

The weird moment of the night was John Travolta presenting an award with Idina Menzel. Last year he mangled her name when introducing her so the producers thought it would be a great idea for her to mangle his name in an introduction and then have him present an award with her. So he decided to grope her face.

awk_2_0_1424691173.gif

These two should hit the road together.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yeah it was rather lame show

But the people nominated for awards were some people I know and am working with now, Patricia Arquette won for best supporting actress and Wim Wenders was nominated for best documentary which was insane / and Mark Motherbaugh produced the song everything is awesome which was nominated - can't wait to show you guys the documentary we're doing - it's gonna be good

So yeah despite the fact it isn't as cool as it was in 1980 this show in particular held some importance for me personally

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Yeah it was rather lame show

But the people nominated for awards were some people I know and am working with now, Patricia Arquette won for best supporting actress and Wim Wenders was nominated for best documentary which was insane / and Mark Motherbaugh produced the song everything is awesome which was nominated - can't wait to show you guys the documentary we're doing - it's gonna be good

So yeah despite the fact it isn't as cool as it was in 1980 this show in particular held some importance for me personally

That's pretty cool.

I would think that working in the film industry would be a great job and although I'm sure it's difficult and not at all how most people probably imagine it, I'm sure it would be interesting.

I worked with a film student once who went on to work on some television films. He worked on the remake of "The Shining" among others. But I had the opportunity to work with him on a short film he made and the experience was pretty cool. When I say "work" I mean mostly hung around and helped where I could. I actually did help him with the script. It was a WWII thing and he had a lot of reenactors working with him. Those guys were used to this kind of thing and I can remember we were shooting a scene and one of the actors called stop and you could tell that he was experienced because he saw what no one else did: a plastic water bottle was in the scene.

Ooops. Not during WWII. Attention to detail is very important.

Anyway, I'll never do Hollywood but that was a fun experience.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That's pretty cool.

I would think that working in the film industry would be a great job and although I'm sure it's difficult and not at all how most people probably imagine it, I'm sure it would be interesting.

I worked with a film student once who went on to work on some television films. He worked on the remake of "The Shining" among others. But I had the opportunity to work with him on a short film he made and the experience was pretty cool. When I say "work" I mean mostly hung around and helped where I could. I actually did help him with the script. It was a WWII thing and he had a lot of reenactors working with him. Those guys were used to this kind of thing and I can remember we were shooting a scene and one of the actors called stop and you could tell that he was experienced because he saw what no one else did: a plastic water bottle was in the scene.

Ooops. Not during WWII. Attention to detail is very important.

Anyway, I'll never do Hollywood but that was a fun experience.

That's hilarious. I can't stand those film sets - too many people fussing about.
I'll never do Hollywood either
I left LA and that whole scene 15 years ago and moved to Austin but continued to work remotely with my buddy in LA. keeping the dream alive while we both took design jobs, marketing gigs, consulting, whatever it was and did it under a unified moniker. I can be remote and do the work and he is the kinda guy everyone loves out there and he really does a great job with people and making things happen. so i get to be a hermit and I still get to work on really cool projects that we like. But yeah, Hollywood sucks and the film industry is really sick. But the indie film world is good, and American Television has been cranking out some really good shows.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I may have it on while I'm reading or something but only pay attention if it's something I want to see.

I was hoping Michael Keaton would get a Best Actor award this year and I was rooting for "Whiplash" in anything it was nominated for, but beyond that I didn't care too much about the awards. I don't usually agree with them, anyway.

The weird moment of the night was John Travolta presenting an award with Idina Menzel. Last year he mangled her name when introducing her so the producers thought it would be a great idea for her to mangle his name in an introduction and then have him present an award with her. So he decided to grope her face.

awk_2_0_1424691173.gif

These two should hit the road together.

John Travolta is really creepy these days and that wig is not fooling anyone. These narcisitic stars cannot accept when they are over. Have you seen any photos of Mickey Rourke lately?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I stopped watching the awards shows back in the 80s when I was a teen and realized that it was just a bunch of the same people patting each other on the back in front of an enormous audience. I used to say that maybe that would be a good way to promote my business. We could complete a project and then give myself an award for it and advertise that I got that award.

It is all propaganda that promotes idolization of the stars. I refused to fall into that category. The majority of them are not what I would regard as great actors and actresses. They get by on having good looks or having a look. A few of them are actually excellent at what they do. I admire the good ones and like a good movie but meeting a star, unless she is killer hot, is no big deal. I met Bob Costas and could have cared less. I don't believe in autographs, etcetera. They are all just people playing a game and most of society just falls in line and adores them. I will never understand it. I don't even know the names of most of the more recent actors in the last decade or more. If I saw their face I may be able to tell you what movie they were in, but that is about all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just tune in to see what everyone is wearing.

:jerkoff: