The Book of Roman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
That was awesome. Would've been nice to see a full half-hour segment though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thank you @Prime Time now post amongst yourself I'm getting all verklempt.
OK Coach! you have probably waited your entire Life to use that word in a sentence ( verklempt) But I can't find it in my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary!! What does it mean!!?!!o_O:D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was 10 in 1969, his MVP year.

Favorite Ram.

I wrote to the Rams and they sent me a signed photo from Gabe that has been lost for many years...
Funny...I purchased a signed photo from the Rams quite a few years ago, written to "My friend, Ramlock
~Your friend, Roman Gabriel:yess:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I couldn't recognize Gabriel as he looks now....So different to me than my memory. I remember wandering through a neighbors house and seeing a magazine (Sports Illustrated?) with Roman on the cover and it must have been that time. I searched and found this cover, and I believe it's the one:
GA2DQYd.png

But to be honest, I remember him more from this movie....
7Wgs9CL.png

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
OK Coach! you have probably waited your entire Life to use that word in a sentence ( verklempt) But I can't find it in my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary!! What does it mean!!?!!o_O:D
verklempt. ver·klempt. adjective. The definition of verklempt is a Yiddish word that describes a person who is too emotional to speak. An example of verklempt is a bride unable to give a speech at her wedding reception because she's overcome by love and joy.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Favorite Ram.

I wrote to the Rams and they sent me a signed photo from Gabe that has been lost for many years...

SAME HERE!!! Exactly! I could have written this myself.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Watch the first game as they did two...Sir Roman at his best this is my first recollection of a NFL football game...I was four, but a huge party at my grandparents house and my grandfather, father, uncle's & cousins all yelling to get and stop Gabriel and the Giants could not, it was that day at such a young age I knew the horns were for me.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Nice Vids Prime! I especially the 1969 Philly Rams game! Here's a stat for you, even though they didn't keep sack Official records, The announcer states, coming into the game, the Rams lead the league with ".. 37 Sacks in the 1st 8 games! WOW!!
There are some great stats in this game, But I won't spoil things you'll hear watching this game of "Unbeaten's"! Go Gabe Go!

nighttrain

Legend

Favorite Ram.

i was born in '47, remember the Rams getting Gabe, it was glorious. i became a Ram fan in '57 , loved Dick Bass,
train

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
i was born in '47, remember the Rams getting Gabe, it was glorious. i became a Ram fan in '57 , loved Dick Bass,
train
It's hard to believe Roman is 75 years Old now, But then again I'm closing in on 73! Oh! I just noticed, you about to join the "70's" Club, or have you already Train!?!:LOL::D