The biggest assets on this Ram team are it's coaches...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
It's not the players.

Not that this team is not blessed with many good to great players. They certainly are.

Heck, if the Rams have a winning season, they might wind up with as many as 5-6 Pro Bowlers.

Whitworth
Watkins
Kupp
Donald
Quinn
TruJo

All real possibilities, imo.

But the real strength of this team is now it's coaching.

McVay is getting the best out of his players. His O players are growing right before our eyes and his play calling is keeping opponents off balance. He adjusts from series to series, much less at halftime. It's a night and day difference from the previous regime. One gets the feeling that McVay's O players are headed toward being all that they can be.

What more can be said about Wade Phillips? Mr Top 5 D? It appears that he's always one step ahead of the opposing O, huh? What a warm and fuzzy feeling that gives a Ram fan. Every week Wade will have tweaked his scheme to maximize mismatch advantages. And he has so many marvelous and football smart chess pieces to work with, too.

Both of these coaches have outstanding assistants to aid them.

I know that there will be ups and downs this season, including inevitable injuries and bad bounces. But I also feel certain that this coaching staff will handle them as they come along. And handle them very well, at that.

And that the result will be a winning season. The first winning season in... Seems like forever, doesn't it?

Here's to our coaching staff! The most valuable pieces on our team!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Heck, if the Rams have a winning season, they might wind up with as many as 5-6 Pro Bowlers.

Whitworth
Watkins
Kupp
Donald
Quinn
TruJo

What about Hekker and Ogletree?

It's fun to see McVay choose intelligent football players.

Ramsey I don't think McVay chooses players, I think that's Snead. He may have input but he doesn't have final say like Fisher did.

It's looking like two things were Fisher's undoing. NOt being able to find a qualified OC and having final say on players.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I always have a good laugh when I read fans that think it's all about players, because coaching is critical too. Same goes the other way too though.

There is a reason they brought in a guy like Big Whit. Or Watkins & Woods.

But I do agree coaching is a huge strength now. We have an era of excellence ahead of us now due to it.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What about Hekker and Ogletree?

Ramsey I don't think McVay chooses players, I think that's Snead. He may have input but he doesn't have final say like Fisher did.

It's looking like two things were Fisher's undoing. NOt being able to find a qualified OC and having final say on players.

I clearly had a brain fart on Hekker, Les. Mea culpa.

Ogletree? I need to see just a little bit more from him. But he's in the zip code, huh?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Whitworth
Watkins
Kupp
Donald
Quinn
TruJo
I agree, But you forgot a 7th man!! "Johnny Hekker!!!":D I know that was an accident on your part!(y)

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If both Watkins and Kupp are having pro-bowl caliber seasons this year, then it follows that Jared Goff is going to be in the mix as well. I know that's way premature and somewhat unbelievable, but it does follow.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He had an All-Pro vote last year.
As much as I liked the fact that he made the 2nd team All-Pro last season, it was only 1 vote and 4/5 other Lbs had 1 vote as well. Ogletree is one of my favorite players on D, he needs to make more positive plays this season though. Game 1 was a mixed bag. It is a new scheme for him, so maybe he'll improve greatly by mid season.