The Big "What If" from yesterdays Win!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How great would it have been if Bates' "Leap" Had worked!!
darenbates_635x250_1414990036.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
That was so close to being onsides. We should do that every week. It's bound to work one time.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
That was so close to being onsides. We should do that every week. It's bound to work one time.
It's really only worth risking jumping early if it's 4th and long and they're going for a 30 to 45 yard field goal. But then again it's risky faking a punt in your own half of the field.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LazyWinker nailed it, I thought it was the perfect time to attempt it. John Lynch was saying that the Rams were making huge mistakes, but that was a calculated shot with low risk and high reward. The jump was almost perfectly timed.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's really only worth risking jumping early if it's 4th and long and they're going for a 30 to 45 yard field goal. But then again it's risky faking a punt in your own half of the field.
Agreed. But why not do that for every situation that's similar to that? 4th and 10, 30-40 yard field goal, fuck it. Doing things like that is how you beat better teams and I thought it was awesome.

V3

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't mind them doing it on chip-shot FG's. I didn't care that it didn't work yesterday since they probably would have made that FG anyways. If the FG is like 45yds+, though, I'd probably say stay more conservative. They may miss it on their own.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LazyWinker nailed it, I thought it was the perfect time to attempt it. John Lynch was saying that the Rams were making huge mistakes, but that was a calculated shot with low risk and high reward. The jump was almost perfectly timed.
I'm not sure weather it was Lynch or not, But someone made the comment that "Fisher always comes into games with 'Trick-plays', it's just will he use them or not! It will be interesting to see what he has in-store for Arizona!:D

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
That's a tricky play to pull off. Even if he times it perfectly (which is to say right as the ball is snapped), the blockers will be getting out of their stances to block him (trip him?). I guess they would be pretty low to hold their blocks, but very hard to clear a blocker like that.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The SF FG was really close to hitting the upright, add five yards and perhaps it is actually a miss.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
they should keep trying it on 4th and longs when its the right opportunity. even if it doesn't always work it psychs out the other team. keep trying!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Keep trying it and maybe the snap gets screwed up! Never know if you don't.:sneaky: