The Big 5 !!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Right side is pretty suspect but hopefully Brown and Havenstein will improve with time. I expect more TE help on there until they've shown they can hold on their own.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eight in the box all day.

The Rams Big 5 can take the blame for a 46-9 win . It's not a bad start. Goff got sacked once & hit twice.

That was the norm for a Rams usual 3 down series.

Yes penalties were not good & way to often.The Rams know what they need to do.

The health & depth of the team is huge.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The hope is they just keep building on this. Not to Jinx them , but nice to see the health.

--I see fans questioning the offensive line. I still will continue to say it is a joke , to think they are not solid is baffling.

I watched the Philly game & saw how Wentz kept plays live from a good pass rush early. So there is my back pedal.

The more game film & planning will only help them keep forming together well.

If you go back to the first drive Goff threw an out to Kupp where if there was a run play they get the first down.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Another backsided compliment for Jamon Brown is that he had a great game vs Raiders DT Eddie Vanderdoes in our preseason game but yesterday vs the Titans Vanderdoes had a great game vs Titans Pro Bowl Tackle Jack Conklin.

Pff gave Vanderdoes a 84.1 rating in pass rush. He had 4 pressures in 20 pass rush snaps including bowl dozing Pro Bowlers Conklin on one occasion.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyTXsZxqpE&feature=youtu.be

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Somewhere I posted about Asking Whitworth about Jared Goff & Andy Dalton. Man my point being Cinncy was good , but Falton is not all that. Now with Whitworth on The Rams you can see what a big difference a solid LT makes for a QB.

TexasRam

Legend
Somewhere I posted about Asking Whitworth about Jared Goff & Andy Dalton. Man my point being Cinncy was good , but Falton is not all that. Now with Whitworth on The Rams you can see what a big difference a solid LT makes for a QB.

Totally Agree. We got him for a steal really.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am thrilled and scared inre Whitworth. He is so good and very old. As you say, a great LT is so important for Goff...WE HAVE to hit in the draft for Whits replacement. I want Whit to train his replacement....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am thrilled and scared inre Whitworth. He is so good and very old. As you say, a great LT is so important for Goff...WE HAVE to hit in the draft for Whits replacement. I want Whit to train his replacement....

He's older than the head coach. The coach even calls him coach Whitworth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
With Cornelius Lucas signing, it's a joke that Ram fans question the big five.

To think he is going to come in practice & start anytime soon, is crazy. He wa cut by Detroit. Detroit traded for Greg Robinson , Who is now the starting left tackle .

I here as the O'Line turns. The Big 5 have been solid. McVay talked about the right side of the offense of line play. He said he doesn't know where the ratings come from but The Rams grades it out they look at different aspects of the play,blocking schemes and such.

They do need to get better, but it's to strive for Todd Gurley to get the running game going & Gurley to get that 100 yard plus number.

jjab360

Legend

From worst by far to one of the best in the league at LT. The difference this one move has made can not possibly be understated.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

From worst by far to one of the best in the league at LT. The difference this one move has made can not possibly be understated.

So true what Whitworth brings to the table.Just go ask Andy Dalton & Bengals.It is so understated here.
I laugh at folks that bring up age. Minnesota brought back Jake Long to start at LT last year.
This guy has only been better with time. It is the work ethic,leadership,Knowledge,person, &!role model that makes him extra special. Like I said he is older than McVay & given & earned that respect .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Another part of the Big 5 is the trust they have in them.

Yes The Rams picked up Cornelius Lucas from Detroit. They also got a 5th round draft pick in that so called trade.

What is forgotten Greg Robinson who is a solid starter in the NFL with a bright future.He wasn't a fit with The Rams. He was sraftwd ahead of Aaron Donald & his 5th year was removed. That right there proved his future.
Kromer is about teach & cross training. With The switch with Nrown &!Haven-stein only brought a more solid development. It might not have paid off right now, but in the long run Ram fans make look back at it as such. My hope is they only see it each week in its development each game from improvement.

The contract of Donald played a part of Greg Robinson being traded no doubt , but the trust in Havenstein & Brown played a part of it as well.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The contract of Donald played a part of Greg Robinson being traded no doubt , but the trust in Havenstein & Brown played a part of it as well.

Greg Robinsons inability to protect the QB and avoid penalties is the reason he is gone. If he could have done the job, he would still be here.
He couldnt. He wasnt average or solid or mediocre, he was pretty bad.

I have nothing against the guy personally, but I am glad he is in Detroit.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Greg Robinsons inability to protect the QB and avoid penalties is the reason he is gone. If he could have done the job, he would still be here.
He couldnt. He wasnt average or solid or mediocre, he was pretty bad.

I have nothing against the guy personally, but I am glad he is in Detroit.

Well if he was a 5th rd pick he would not have been traded.
Greg Robinson has upside. Yes & as for his play I agree. It was better for him to move on. Less pressure living up to his draft status. Glad he helped beat the Cardinals.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well if he was a 5th rd pick he would not have been traded.
Greg Robinson has upside. .

I agree. He wouldnt be starting though, except maybe at RG. IMO he has played enough to prove that he cant be trusted to protect the QB. So if Robinson was an inexpensive player and showed he could cut out the penalties, only then would I play him at RG.
He has plenty of physical gifts, but he cant keep his head in the game. Like he would just be somewhere else in his head. Sometimes he seemed surprised by the snap, like "Oh shit! I'm playing football right now!??".

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree. He wouldnt be starting though, except maybe at RG. IMO he has played enough to prove that he cant be trusted to protect the QB. So if Robinson was an inexpensive player and showed he could cut out the penalties, only then would I play him at RG.
He has plenty of physical gifts, but he cant keep his head in the game. Like he would just be somewhere else in his head. Sometimes he seemed surprised by the snap, like "Oh crap! I'm playing football right now!??".

I was not able to watch the game Sunday , but from what I've seen is Jamon Brown holding his own at RG.
My guess is Big Rob is the one having most of the problems.I really can't wait for Thursday.
The Rams were playing from behind , & not sure how that effected the running game.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was not able to watch the game Sunday , but from what I've seen is Jamon Brown holding his own at RG.
My guess is Big Rob is the one having most of the problems.I really can't wait for Thursday.
The Rams were playing from behind , & not sure how that effected the running game.

Jamon has been getting better. Our offense will go as far as our big uglies will take us.