The best people to hire for coaching vacancies are

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The best people to hire for coaching vacancies are

• Total voters

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm partial to failed head coaches who were excellent coordinators.

Some of the best coordinators were terrible head coaches.

See: Gregg Williams

Coughlin, DV, and to a degree Belichik had success before winning the SB butdidn't and it may have been a case of wearing out the welcome and having to move on. I thought Coughlin was great in JAX and if he had ended up in STL I would have been plenty OK with it, he's a good one.

The trend of guys doing well the first time around but winning it all in their second tenure bodes well for our guys. Not all the retreads work out but there is a definite pattern of the better ones eventually getting to the top. Frankly this ball club owes me at least one title in the next few years. I've been patient through some really lousy football.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Coughlin, DV, and to a degree Belichik had success before winning the SB butdidn't and it may have been a case of wearing out the welcome and having to move on. I thought Coughlin was great in JAX and if he had ended up in STL I would have been plenty OK with it, he's a good one.

The trend of guys doing well the first time around but winning it all in their second tenure bodes well for our guys. Not all the retreads work out but there is a definite pattern of the better ones eventually getting to the top. Frankly this ball club owes me at least one title in the next few years. I've been patient through some really lousy football.

I agree. I think they should win you that title. It's only fair after all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

A retread is one thing. But my point is more that some HCs get opportunities before they are really ready or find themselves in untenable situations. When they are pulled back into coaching another team, the good ones generally get more of the pieces they realized they were missing at their last stop. Most of the times it seems to work out well especially in recent history. That's where Fisher comes in. He was able to set things up based on his past experience. We WILL be in the dance.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A retread is one thing. But my point is more that some HCs get opportunities before they are really ready or find themselves in untenable situations. When they are pulled back into coaching another team, the good ones generally get more of the pieces they realized they were missing at their last stop. Most of the times it seems to work out well especially in recent history. That's where Fisher comes in. He was able to set things up based on his past experience. We WILL be in the dance.

I used the term retread loosely, meant it as any guy who got another shot whether it was Coughlin who was clearly good or Seifert who was totally coat tailing it and wasn't any good.

The more I look at the list of coaches the more I think Fisher is the right guy. And having Snead and Demoff is a big thing too.