The AZ Blueprint

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
At 4-6 with 6 games remaining and playing our best football, I think we have a very good shot at finishing between 7-10 wins. 8 or 9 isn't out of the question and is where most people start to mention you as a legit threat to make the playoffs the following year.

AZ finished strong in 2013 with a great D and improving O. I see a similar team w/our 2014 Rams. Very good, peaking a bit late, just a little too late for the playoffs.

AZ is very good, but imo doesn't even possess the talent across the board that we do. Their advantage is coaching.

We have the D. We have a decent enough set of skill players: RB/WR/TE. We get even a DECENT QB next year and we MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Palmer isn't anything special. What he was, when healthy, was a QB who didn't cost his team games and made enough plays for them to outscore the opposition. This is why I truly feel however we address QB in the offseason FA, draft, combo of both, we can WIN early next season and often.

ram007

Starter
At 4-6 with 6 games remaining and playing our best football, I think we have a very good shot at finishing between 7-10 wins. 8 or 9 isn't out of the question and is where most people start to mention you as a legit threat to make the playoffs the following year.

AZ finished strong in 2013 with a great D and improving O. I see a similar team w/our 2014 Rams. Very good, peaking a bit late, just a little too late for the playoffs.

AZ is very good, but imo doesn't even possess the talent across the board that we do. Their advantage is coaching.

We have the D. We have a decent enough set of skill players: RB/WR/TE. We get even a DECENT QB next year and we MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Palmer isn't anything special. What he was, when healthy, was a QB who didn't cost his team games and made enough plays for them to outscore the opposition. This is why I truly feel however we address QB in the offseason FA, draft, combo of both, we can WIN early next season and often.

1. Arizona is a mirage

2. Getting a decent QB is easier said than done. Ask the bottom 10 other teams still looking for a QB. Bradford is a decent QB if he is fully healthy. If he is not, I would not mind going after Brain Hoyer this off-season instead of of drafting a rookie QB to be developed by Fisher's team.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1. Arizona is a mirage

2. Getting a decent QB is easier said than done. Ask the bottom 10 other teams still looking for a QB. Bradford is a decent QB if he is fully healthy. If he is not, I would not mind going after Brain Hoyer this off-season instead of of drafting a rookie QB to be developed by Fisher's team.

1. I'm not sure if I'd say a playoff team w/the best record in football is a mirage. They are a team of overachievers whose style of play imo, even with Palmer, doesn't translate to playoff success. But not a mirage. They play good, smart D. They tackle well and make timely plays in all 3 phases when it is most critical in games.

2. I'd be fine with pursuing Hoyer. Won't command huge money. I think we sign AT LEAST one vet in FA. Imo its either Sam or (enter name), but not both. I'd even be open to resigning Hill, Davis, and or Keenum as #2 & #3 options. But we do need to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds (probably first 2).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Arizonas running game is fading. It is tough to win in the playoffs if you cannot run.

Carson Palmer was more than just a game manager as the OP suggests though. They already miss him. Stanton cannot carry the team if they cannot run.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
1. I'm not sure if I'd say a playoff team w/the best record in football is a mirage. They are a team of overachievers whose style of play imo, even with Palmer, doesn't translate to playoff success. But not a mirage. They play good, smart D. They tackle well and make timely plays in all 3 phases when it is most critical in games.

2. I'd be fine with pursuing Hoyer. Won't command huge money. I think we sign AT LEAST one vet in FA. Imo its either Sam or (enter name), but not both. I'd even be open to resigning Hill, Davis, and or Keenum as #2 & #3 options. But we do need to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds (probably first 2).

I think it's dangerous to go into a draft thinking we have to take a QB within the first 2 rounds. We're more likely to get a Geno Smith than a Andrew Luck thinking like that. With our talent level it should be BPA regardless of positions IMO.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it's dangerous to go into a draft thinking we have to take a QB within the first 2 rounds. We're more likely to get a Geno Smith than a Andrew Luck thinking like that. With our talent level it should be BPA regardless of positions IMO.

I'm not suggesting we force ourselves to draft a QB w/our first or even second round pick. I simply suggesting that its were we're "likely" to draft our QB. I'm all for BPA. Just look at Aaron Donald

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't want to take away from Arizona and what they've done thus far this season, but I do agree with 007 that they are a bit of a mirage. Their discipline in not turning the ball over borders on luck in a lot of ways, and it's not gonna continue. They'll drop some games down the stretch or will get eliminated quickly in the playoffs as the rule of averages will catch up to them IMO.

Palmer is a big loss for them. While Stanton has played well, he is a rookie. For our next game against them, giving Williams a week to prepare for Stanton I am sure the Rams defense will be ready to make his day difficult. I like our defense vs their offense and as high as my opinion is of Arians I think Williams is easily as good on the defensive side so it's a wash.

The key for that matchup will be how the Rams' offense is playing. If they keep the run balance going with Hill back there, and just protect the ball, they'll be fine. Take their shots and utilize the good field position when they get it, plain and simple.

As I keep saying, though, one game at a time. Let's beat the Chargers!