The Austin Return

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It was sexy...even for the preseason. One juke,one cut and GO!
It was funny watching him direct traffic blocks and just effortlessly running beyond his blocking.
Wow. What a weapon. This is exactly what this young offense will need this season too...a plug n play return guy to ignite the team,crowd and possibly change the momentum if the offense is struggling.

I will also add that it's uncanny how TA understands contact. I had a feeling that the reason for his college durability was more akin to just understanding angles,vision and instinct...rather than just pure luck.
He still has a lot to learn playing out of the slot in traffic,but he knows how to avoid getting crushed in space.

I'm sure he'll take a few licks this season but the kid has INSTINCTS that most undersized slippery speed guys just dont have. I noticed this tonight,even when he was blanketed in YAC.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Loved seeing this after his first return against the Packers went nowhere. He was decisive on both returns against Denver, one cut and turn it upfield and good things happen. Mostly I liked that he adjusted so quickly. Good coaching and smart kid.

V3

Hall of Fame
X said:
V3 said:
Barrison6 said:
X said:
It's like he's playing a different sport.
It really does, the amount of ground he covers at full speed is truly unbelievable! :omg:

I've seen speed before. What I'm REALLY amazed with him is how fast he gets to full speed. Did you see the way he burst through that hole? It's like he was slingshotted(is that a word?) through there.
Yeah, that's what I was saying too (get out of my head). That his stop-n-go speed is ridiculous.

Were you saying that in the chat room too? I was there for the first two games but this time I was too busy rewinding just about every play so I could watch most of the players.

Great minds think alike I guess.

jap

Legend
Lunchbox said:
Loved seeing this after his first return against the Packers went nowhere. He was decisive on both returns against Denver, one cut and turn it upfield and good things happen. Mostly I liked that he adjusted so quickly. Good coaching and smart kid.

Well, after all, he does have to adjust to the extra speed, strength, and savviness at the NFL level. It was just a matter of time for him to figure out the speed required to keep the defenders from cutting his angles off. :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
V3 said:
X said:
V3 said:
Barrison6 said:
X said:
It's like he's playing a different sport.
It really does, the amount of ground he covers at full speed is truly unbelievable! :omg:

I've seen speed before. What I'm REALLY amazed with him is how fast he gets to full speed. Did you see the way he burst through that hole? It's like he was slingshotted(is that a word?) through there.
Yeah, that's what I was saying too (get out of my head). That his stop-n-go speed is ridiculous.

Were you saying that in the chat room too? I was there for the first two games but this time I was too busy rewinding just about every play so I could watch most of the players.

Great minds think alike I guess.
Yup. His zero-to-infinity is stupid quick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Get ready for many more highlight reel plays!

This was his 2nd game, basically, and already showed the type of fireworks he's capable of.

If he can stay healthy, which history has shown he can, we've got a freak on our hands.

jap

Legend
I always wondered what it would be like to have Gale Sayers as a Ram. :lol:

tonyl711

Starter
I think we found our PR, the second punt return wasn't too shabby either. his quickness is going to drive some defenses crazy, we will be starting drives in opposition territory a lot this year.

even better is how well all three of our highest draft picks played, TA showed flashes of what he could do, Ogletree opened a lot of eyes last night with a forced fumble and recovery for a TD, then adds an INT and almost a second INT, JT Mc, didn't look too bad either.

then add in how well J Long has been playing, then Cook shows why we got him. if these guys can keep playing like they did last night, we will win A lot of games.

great offseason, thank you Fisher and Snead.