The Austin Return

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bskrilla

Starter
I loved Austin pushing Ogletree ahead of him to make the block. Ogletree ended up getting in his way and may have been what saved the TD for Denver.

A55VA6

Legend
The return was amazing... we should see more of that this season. Easily should've been a TD.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
tavonpunt.gif

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Look at that man he's covering 10 yards to everyone elses 5, Jezus he's fast

jap

Legend
He was directing 'Tree to block the guy ahead, 'cause the defender running parallel to them was already history if 'Tree performed properly. :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's like he's playing a different sport.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
X said:
It really does, the amount of ground he covers at full speed is truly unbelievable! :omg:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:

And some people were saying he wouldn't be able to do that in the NFL.

WRONG.

V3

Hall of Fame
Barrison6 said:
X said:
It really does, the amount of ground he covers at full speed is truly unbelievable! :omg:

I've seen speed before. What I'm REALLY amazed with him is how fast he gets to full speed. Did you see the way he burst through that hole? It's like he was slingshotted(is that a word?) through there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
V3 said:
Barrison6 said:
X said:

I've seen speed before. What I'm REALLY amazed with him is how fast he gets to full speed. Did you see the way he burst through that hole? It's like he was slingshotted(is that a word?) through there.
Yeah, that's what I was saying too (get out of my head). That his stop-n-go speed is ridiculous.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Austin averaged 52 yards a PR tonight. Wow.

He's easily the best returner we've had in St. Louis since, uh, the Rams moved to St. Louis.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What is amazing is he doesn't seem to be at full throttle. He is effortlessly gaping the defenders while thinking ahead. Ogletree was just in the way and that dude can run pretty damn good for a LB! WOW!

A55VA6

Legend
jap said:
He was directing 'Tree to block the guy ahead, 'cause the defender running parallel to them was already history if 'Tree performed properly. :lol:
:lol:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HE WITH HORNS said:
Thordaddy said:

WRONG.

I tried to tell people. There were some people on another site that actually dared to question his long speed. I just chuckled. The man makes everyone else look like they are moving in slow motion.

Anyone else see the catch he made where he beat the defender to the corner to pick-up another 5 to 7 yards? There are maybe 2 or 3 WRs in the league capable of doing that.

A55VA6

Legend
And the thing is, was Tavon really at top speed? lol man he makes EVERYONE look slow. It's truly amazing. It make me laugh when people call him a bust or a future bust. The kid has skills that just as long as he touches the ball, something huge could happen.

bluecoconuts

Legend
jrry32 said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
Thordaddy said:

WRONG.

I tried to tell people. There were some people on another site that actually dared to question his long speed. I just chuckled. The man makes everyone else look like they are moving in slow motion.

Anyone else see the catch he made where he beat the defender to the corner to pick-up another 5 to 7 yards? There are maybe 2 or 3 WRs in the league capable of doing that.

Yep, if he had another yard on the sideline he looked like he could have taken that one all the way, he's going to produce some explosive plays this season.

Psycho_X

Legend
God that little dude is fast... looked like he was out for a jog during most of that play and still twice as fast as everyone. If Ogeltree stops and slows down the guy running behind them I think Austin jukes the punter into the endzone for easy score. But that's all right because getting to see Bradford effortlessly play pitch and catch to Cook in the endzone was well worth the extra play.

CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR SEASON!!!!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
This part of the Rams game has been so bad for so long that I can't tell you how happy that return made me. Here's to many, many more!!!!!