The $84 million dollar man

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...manning-giants-finalizing-4year-84m-extension

Eli Manning, Giants finalizing 4-year, $84M extension
By Dan Hanzus, NFL.com

Eli Manning is about to get his wish.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Giants and Manning are finalizing a four-year, $84 million extension that could be signed by Friday, according to sources close to the situation. The deal is expected to included $65 million in guarantees.

Rapoport reported Wednesday that significant progress had been made in negotiations and optimism had grown that a deal would be in place before the Giants open the season on Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys.

The deal is similar to recent extensions given to Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. Manning's $21 million average per year salary would come in slightly behind Wilson ($21.9 million) and just ahead of Rivers (20.8 million). Aaron Rodgers ($22 million) is the NFL's highest-paid signal-caller.

No big-money extension is a sure thing as an investment, but Manning, 34, is pretty close. He has never missed a start in 11 seasons, has nearly every Giants passing record and, of course, owns two Super Bowl MVP awards. His agent, Tom Condon, made the fair point that Manning's unflappable nature in the New York spotlight is a factor in negotiations.

Whether or not he should be regarded as one of the game's top quarterbacks, the Giants are thrilled to stay in business with one of their shining sons.

ram007

Starter
How did the Rams get Foles in so cheap? Snead and Fisher are magicians! :banana::cheers::rockon::banana::rockon::cheers:

Walter

Rookie
Poor Cooper....

That got me wondering what Cooper does. Apparently he does whatever the hell he wants. Quality parenting by Archie and Olivia.

"A part owner of an energy investment firm with holdings in oil and gas companies, Cooper has a net worth of $15 million, according to Celebrity Networth, for his off-the-field exploits. He has, in many ways, the All-American life that so many dream of—wife, three kids, wealth beyond our wildest dreams."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...th-play-central-role-in-espns-book-of-manning

fearsomefour

Legend
That got me wondering what Cooper does. Apparently he does whatever the hell he wants. Quality parenting by Archie and Olivia.

"A part owner of an energy investment firm with holdings in oil and gas companies, Cooper has a net worth of $15 million, according to Celebrity Networth, for his off-the-field exploits. He has, in many ways, the All-American life that so many dream of—wife, three kids, wealth beyond our wildest dreams."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...th-play-central-role-in-espns-book-of-manning
I hope he is visited by the velvet winged angel of death.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
How did the Rams get Foles in so cheap? Snead and Fisher are magicians! :banana::cheers::rockon::banana::rockon::cheers:

I don't think they worked any magic on this deal...They got him for what his contract pays him this year...We'll see what 2016 brings...

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would rather spread that money around cuz eli ain't worth that much money

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
At this stage of his career I don't think he's worth that much.But with no quality backup to turn to to run the offense they really didn't have much of a choice.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Eli is not in the top 5, but he brings a lot of experience to the table - and durability. He's proven very capable of winning SuperBowls.

He's worth it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...manning-giants-finalizing-4year-84m-extension

Eli Manning, Giants finalizing 4-year, $84M extension
By Dan Hanzus, NFL.com

Eli Manning is about to get his wish.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the Giants and Manning are finalizing a four-year, $84 million extension that could be signed by Friday, according to sources close to the situation. The deal is expected to included $65 million in guarantees.

Rapoport reported Wednesday that significant progress had been made in negotiations and optimism had grown that a deal would be in place before the Giants open the season on Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys.

The deal is similar to recent extensions given to Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. Manning's $21 million average per year salary would come in slightly behind Wilson ($21.9 million) and just ahead of Rivers (20.8 million). Aaron Rodgers ($22 million) is the NFL's highest-paid signal-caller.

No big-money extension is a sure thing as an investment, but Manning, 34, is pretty close. He has never missed a start in 11 seasons, has nearly every Giants passing record and, of course, owns two Super Bowl MVP awards. His agent, Tom Condon, made the fair point that Manning's unflappable nature in the New York spotlight is a factor in negotiations.

Whether or not he should be regarded as one of the game's top quarterbacks, the Giants are thrilled to stay in business with one of their shining sons.
JMHO, But, I think the Giants have seen their best days with Eli and their present Coaching staff!
I'll go so far as to predict, Next year, 2016, the NYG will have a New HC and Staff!