The 50 NFL Players With the Worst Hands

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
http://football-players.pointafter.com/stories/29956/nfl-players-worst-hands-drops

#25 - WR Tavon Austin, Los Angeles Rams
Drop rate: 6.60%
Targets: 106
Drops: 7
Catch rate: 54.72%

#23 - TE Lance Kendricks, Los Angeles Rams
Drop rate: 6.90%
Targets: 87
Drops: 6
Catch rate: 57.47%

#22 - TE Tyler Higbee, Los Angeles Rams
Targets: 29
Drops: 2
Catch rate: 37.93% (Worst catch rate on the list)

While those numbers obviously are not all on the receivers, Higbee's catch rate is barely above a third of his targets. Brutal. Simply brutal...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Hopefully Eric Yarber and Zac Taylor will be able to coach these guys to a higher level.

55024201.jpg

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
The fact that even TA is #25 and on that list. Come On Man. Pollish them skills.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higbee's hands are fine, dude was just an overwhelmed rook. But yeah, makes me wonder wtf the coaching staff was doing last year.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TBH and fair Austin isn't that bad either 7 drops on a 106 targets and Floyd had 4 on only 76 targets. I'm expecting big things out of Austin if McVay uses him like a wideout

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Lance Handbricks strikes again. But in all seriousness, bashing on Fisher's coaching staff on offense will never get old. :ROFLMAO:

Zero

Pro Bowler
http://football-players.pointafter.com/stories/29956/nfl-players-worst-hands-drops

#25 - WR Tavon Austin, Los Angeles Rams
Drop rate: 6.60%
Targets: 106
Drops: 7
Catch rate: 54.72%

#23 - TE Lance Kendricks, Los Angeles Rams
Targets: 87
Drops: 6
Catch rate: 57.47%

#22 - TE Tyler Higbee, Los Angeles Rams
Targets: 29
Drops: 2
Catch rate: 37.93% (Worst catch rate on the list)

While those numbers obviously are not all on the receivers, Higbee's catch rate is barely above a third of his targets. Brutal. Simply brutal...
Michael Thomas Leads the Rams with 11.1% drop rate
If you counted Preseason it would be worse with 2 receptions and 5 drops.
Of course he was just a rookie and was uncomfortable.
In college where he was very comfortable he had a 10.2% drop rate
So I will totally be expecting that .9% improvement this year.

Zero

Pro Bowler
The fact that even TA is #25 and on that list. Come On Man. Pollish them skills.
Agree.He has to work on those hands and route running.
McVay can make him a star,but Tavon's got to improve.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Higbee's hands are fine, dude was just an overwhelmed rook. But yeah, makes me wonder wtf the coaching staff was doing last year.
I think he will be fine.He had some injuries last year.
I expect McVay to put this kid on the map.

Zero

Pro Bowler
TBH and fair Austin isn't that bad either 7 drops on a 106 targets and Floyd had 4 on only 76 targets. I'm expecting big things out of Austin if McVay uses him like a wideout
These boys on offense should be freakin pumped about next year.
Hopefully that will inspire them to bust their ass this offseason.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sticky Hands are developed way way before a WR or TE ever gets into the NFL. Sure they can work on the jugs machine and that can improve the percentage a little... but I'm telling you guys that a receiver who really has good hands... those guys had good hands way before the pros.

I wouldn't look for drastic change in any of the drop percentages. Maybe for HigBeast because he was a rook... and apparently dealing with injuries. But overall, I think the hands are what they are going to be no matter who the coaches are at this point.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sticky Hands are developed way way before a WR or TE ever gets into the NFL. Sure they can work on the jugs machine and that can improve the percentage a little... but I'm telling you guys that a receiver who really has good hands... those guys had good hands way before the pros.

I wouldn't look for drastic change in any of the drop percentages. Maybe for HigBeast because he was a rook... and apparently dealing with injuries. But overall, I think the hands are what they are going to be no matter who the coaches are at this point.

I tend to agree.

050b3ff072b114446740e4216635b6e4cb0fd8-wm.jpg

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
The worst thing about Austin's game is: he's worthless at catching the ball on any route beyond 10 yards of the LOS. The best you can hope for is the ball DOESN'T pinball off those bricks of his and into the hands of the DB.

I'd be willing to bet most, if not all, of those 7 drops occurred on a 10+-yard route.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
The worst thing about Austin's game is: he's worthless at catching the ball on any route beyond 10 yards of the LOS. The best you can hope for is the ball DOESN'T pinball off those bricks of his and into the hands of the DB.

I'd be willing to bet most, if not all, of those 7 drops occurred on a 10+-yard route.

Sometimes his route running too. I get annoyed when he stops running forward tries to juke but ends up going backwards, and loses yardage just run full speed to the damn 1st down marker don't get cute.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll take my chances on a guy who proves he can get open but struggles with catching the ball over the guy who cant get open but wont drop anything
I think Thomas can be special

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve

I agree with this..... but on the other hand... Tavon had 114 receptions his senior year at West Virginia and just 1 drop......so there is reason to believe he can improve. .... ;)

Go Rams....... ;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Higbee's hands are fine, dude was just an overwhelmed rook.

TBH and fair Austin isn't that bad either 7 drops on a 106 targets
Hands can be developed. I think the main problem with most of the Rams is focus, concentration, and confidence.
But you are what you are after so many years....Higbee is dropping the ball too much...So is Tavon. The worst thing for a QB to have is uncertainty...that his guys...will catch the ball.
If we really want Goff to succeed....we need to be honest, and find replacements.
And I'm not talking about contested catches...or drops...The silly drops while wide open...with no contact..no matter how poorly the ball is thrown.