The 2016 NFL Criminals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know that it's an entitlement issue. I think it's more of a laziness issue. I mean, like I said, it happened to me three times in my life because I either forgot all about the ticket, or just didn't feel like going to court (stupid, I know). That, and I always figured I'd take care of it eventually and drove while I was contemplating when I'd actually go get it straightened out (that's where I think he was too). I've grown up since then and hire lawyers to battle and negotiate my tickets, so I imagine he'll do the same at some point too. Probably the first time he's been arrested for this, so I imagine he won't let it happen again. I was a bit more stupid and it took 3 times for me to get the hint.

Suggs has also been accused of but never arrested or convicted for domestic violence.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sport..._teammate_ray_rice_the_ravens_linebacker.html

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...re-charges-than-driving-on-suspended-license/

Suggs faces more charges than driving on suspended license
Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2016

When word first emerged on Friday that Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs had been arrested in Arizona, no one knew anything about the charges. Suggs thereafter issued a statement indicating that he’d been arrested only for driving on a suspended license, due to the failure to pay speeding tickets.

As it turns out, Suggs also faces another claim. Via Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun, Suggs also has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

Per Zrebiec, police responded to a call regarding a one-car crash and found Suggs’ BMW in a parking lot. Police arrived as Suggs was getting into a friend’s car in the same parking lot.

Suggs, who had a “two-inch abrasion” on his head, wasn’t found to be impaired. He told police he “possibly fell asleep” before the accident.

The charge of leaving the scene of an accident gives the situation a more ominous feel than the mere accusation of driving on a suspended license, and it makes the possibility of league-imposed discipline even greater — especially if there’s a feeling in the league office that Suggs wasn’t punished enough (or at all) for pre-Ray Rice conduct including allegations that he held a bottle of bleach over his girlfriend and their young son and the court-ordered surrender of multiple firearms as part of a protective order obtained against him by his girlfriend.

Also, Suggs faced felony assault charges a decade ago for a fight that occurred a month before the Ravens made him a top-10 pick in 2003. The case actually went to trial, and Suggs was acquitted by a jury.

Didn’t know about that one? Like other incidents that happened before social media became what it currently is, the issue was covered but it wasn’t picked apart aggressively and completely, with anyone paying attention to the situation quickly assuming the position of “HE DID IT!” or “HE’S INNOCENT!” and refusing to listen to any facts that may alter that perspective.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was arrested for driving on a suspended license, which was suspended due to unpaid tickets.

Whoop-dee-do.

That happened to me three times in my life so far. It's an inconvenience. Nothing else.
Of course he and I could become a little less lazy and actually take care of our tickets, but that's such a hassle. lol.

But it's so easy now with the Internet. And he's a multi millionaire. The dumbarse.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/06/joseph-randle-arrested-again/

Joseph Randle arrested again
Posted by Josh Alper on March 6, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptqxntm2yzq0mdu1odvmogm0yja2zta4zgvkyznjyjrk-e1439211697891.jpeg
AP

Former Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was arrested for the fifth time in 18 months in February and it didn’t take him long to add another entry to his record.

According to multiple reports, Randle was arrested early Sunday morning in Kansas for failure to appear in court. Sedgwick County jail records show that he was booked after 1 a.m. and is being held on $150,000 bail.

Randle was released on bond last week after being charged with aggravated battery, criminal damage to property and possession of marijuana. A Sedgwick County deputy told KAKE in Wichita that he did not know if the missed court date leading to Sunday’s arrest was related to that case.

It’s been a long line of legal problems for Randle, which have led to a suspension from the league and contributed to his release from the Cowboys last year. It’s almost impossible to imagine any team giving him a look this or any year unless he gets a handle on the issues that keep landing him behind bars.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
What, Tre Mason hasn't been added yet??

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Dood is the latest version of Titus Young...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-charges-in-second-domestic-violence-case/

Montee Ball facing charges in second domestic violence case
Posted by Josh Alper on March 18, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptu4zjm0mzriodjlotazodjhzme1ytewnwqwm2zlodi3-e1415395649489.jpeg
AP

Former Broncos second-round pick Montee Ball was arrested in February and charged earlier this year with disorderly conduct and misdemeanor battery of his girlfriend.

Ball pleaded not guilty to those charges and the case is set to go to trial in May. Ball will have some other legal issues to deal with in the interim.

Ball faces felony charges of strangulation and suffocation and substantial battery and two misdemeanor counts of domestic disorderly conduct from an incident involving a different woman in 2014. Madison, Wisconsin police spokesman Joel DeSpain said, via theWisconsin State Journal, that the accuser came forward after Ball’s arrest.

According to the criminal complaint, the couple got into an argument after Ball received a text from another woman. He allegedly threw the phone at his ex-girlfriend, hitting her under her left eye, and then put “one or both of his hands on her throat and lifted her off her feet” after the argument continued.

Ball’s attorney denied the charges and said his accuser “may have her own motivations” for raising the accusations “two years after the fact.” Ball, who was released by the Patriots in February after spending time on their practice squad late last season, is due in court on the new charges Monday.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mian-swann-was-arrested-for-reckless-driving/

Saints CB Damian Swann arrested for reckless driving
Posted by Josh Alper on March 21, 2016

490674984-e1458581754386.jpg
Getty Images

Saints cornerback Damian Swann played his college football at the University of Georgia, but a trip back in Athens this month included a run-in with police that ended with an arrest.

Swann was arrested early Friday morning and the Macon Telegraph reports that he has been charged with both speeding and reckless driving. Per the police report, Swann was pulled over at 2:17 a.m. after being recorded going 100 mph in a 65 mph zone.

That accounts for both charges as the police report states that “driving 35 mph over the posted speed limit and was driving in complete disregard for the safety of his passenger and the motorist that he passed.” Swann could face up to 12 months in jail and a fine up to $1,000.

Swann, who was released from jail a couple of hours later, was a fifth-round pick in 2015. He played seven games, but ended the year on injured reserve after suffering three concussions over the course of the regular season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ce-cody-gets-nine-months-for-killing-his-dog/

Former Raven Terrence Cody gets nine months for killing his dog
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 24, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptg1mwqymdm1nwrhnmi3mwu2zmfhzgnjotq1ogyyngvm.jpeg
Getty Images

Former Ravens defensive tackle Terrence Cody was sentenced to nine months in county jail, after he was convicted on misdemeanor animal cruelty charges.

According to Alison Knezevich of the Baltimore Sun, Cody faced more than two years in jail. He was convicted in November of two misdemeanor drug charges and multiple misdemanors regarding the death of his dog Taz.

Prosecutors said the dog was starved to death. He was also convicted of illegally possessing an alligator (of course).

The Ravens drafted Cody in the second round in 2010. He only played one game in 2014, and was released last February.

Psycho_X

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ce-cody-gets-nine-months-for-killing-his-dog/

Former Raven Terrence Cody gets nine months for killing his dog
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 24, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptg1mwqymdm1nwrhnmi3mwu2zmfhzgnjotq1ogyyngvm.jpeg
Getty Images

Former Ravens defensive tackle Terrence Cody was sentenced to nine months in county jail, after he was convicted on misdemeanor animal cruelty charges.

According to Alison Knezevich of the Baltimore Sun, Cody faced more than two years in jail. He was convicted in November of two misdemeanor drug charges and multiple misdemanors regarding the death of his dog Taz.

Prosecutors said the dog was starved to death. He was also convicted of illegally possessing an alligator (of course).

The Ravens drafted Cody in the second round in 2010. He only played one game in 2014, and was released last February.

F*** this piece of s***, should starve him to the brink of death and see how he likes it. Or starve him all the way would be fine also. How he got away with only 9 months is a joke.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fl-receiver-arrested-on-drug-weapons-charges/

Former NFL receiver arrested on drug, weapons charges
Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2016

zz04yzkxntbjn2rimdk4zgy4mzrmy2vhzdezzwi3n2i0nw-e1459520902971.jpeg
AP

It’s been nearly 30 days since a current NFL player has been arrested, an impressive offseason development. Earlier today, a former NFL player found himself on the wrong side of the police-car glass.

Via PalmBeachPost.com, former Buccaneers and Giants receiver Preston Parker has been arrested for felony cocaine possession, the display of a weapon during the commission of a felony, and destruction of evidence.

Undrafted in 2010, Parker spent time with the Bucs, Saints, and Giants. He was cut last September due to a chronic inability to catch the football.

During his career, Parker caught the ball 85 times for 1,054 yards and five touchdowns.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ested-for-drunk-driving-marijuana-possession/

Troy Smith arrested for drunk driving, marijuana possession
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 3, 2016

troysmithsanfrancisco49ersvarizonacardinalsaxza5poubmfl-e1341499080762.jpg
Getty Images

Former Ravens and 49ers quarterback Troy Smith was arrested for drunken driving and marijuana possession in Ohio early this morning.

Smith, who won the Heisman Trophy at Ohio State, was arrested outside Columbus after he was pulled over at 2:38 a.m. today.

Although police say Smith claimed he was not drinking, his blood alcohol content was measured at .143, well over the legal limit of .08. Police also found two marijuana cigarettes in his car, according to the police report.

The Ravens selected Smith in the fifth round of the 2007 NFL draft. He started two games as a rookie but didn’t start for the Ravens again after that. In 2010 he started six games for the 49ers. Since then he has bounced around pro football in the Canadian Football League and United Football League and briefly spent time on the Steelers’ offseason roster, but he hasn’t been on an NFL regular-season roster since 2010.