The 2015 NFL Criminals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/12/dimitri-patterson-arrested-for-felony-child-abuse/

Dimitri Patterson arrested for felony child abuse
Posted by Josh Alper on August 12, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwfjywi3njq3nzvlmdhhmzmxyjq5mtdmntbiyzu5odg3-e1439410251666.jpeg
Getty Images

At this time last year, Dimitri Patterson was playing cornerback for the Jets and in line for a starting job in their secondary.

That never worked out as Patterson failed to show up for one of the team’s preseason games, which led to a suspension and his ultimate release before August was out. Patterson did not play in the league at all last year and we haven’t heard anything about him trying to catch on with a team in 2015. If he harbored any hopes of doing that, they’ve likely been dashed.

Patterson was arrested in Florida earlier this month and booked for felony child abuse after an incident involving his former girlfriend and their 1-year-old son. ESPN.com reports, via police and court records, that Patterson and Erika Medina got into an argument over child support during a custody exchange at a shopping mall that Medina recorded on her cellphone because Patterson had been “violent to her in the past.”

It escalated and, according to the incident report, Patterson grabbed Medina “around her neck and threw her to the ground” while she was holding the child. The young boy reportedly hit his head and suffered a bruise, leading to the charge against Patterson.

Patterson is due in court on August 31 for a hearing in the case.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I love how Brady is blaming all his devious crap on his agent now. The judge isn't helping out of his own pool of shit. Not yet, anyway.

Yes, he criminally murdered, some perfectly fine footballs.
super-bowl-xlix-memes_23.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@Prime Time you're not going to like this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...nced-to-48-weekends-in-jail-for-rape-of-minor

Ex-Ravens cheerleader sentenced to 48 weekends in jail for rape of minor
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer
August 21, 2015 12:15 pm ET

Molly-Shattuck-Ravens-charges.png

Ex-Ravens cheerleader will serve every other weekend in jail for two years. (YouTube)
A Delaware judge on Friday ordered Molly Shattuck, an ex-Baltimore Ravens cheerleader, to serve every other weekend in jail for the next two years.

Shattuck was facing up to 15 years in prison after she pled guilty to one count of fourth degree rape back in June. Just over a year prior, Shattuck began a physical relationship with a 15-year old boy (reportedly a classmate of her son) she met over Instagram. She was ordered to pay the victim's family $10,500 as well.

Shattuck had been facing a total of nine charges -- including two counts of third-degree rape, four counts of unlawful sexual contact in the second degree and three counts of providing alcohol to a minor -- but those charges were settled as part of her plea deal.

The third degree rape charges alone carried a potential sentence of 25 years in prison.

Under the plea agreement, Shattuck must register as a sex offender, can't contact the victim and isn't allowed to communicate with any minors, other than her own children. According to the Baltimore Sun, Shattuck must also undergo a mental health evaluation.

"I will spend the rest of my life making this right," Shattuck said. According to WBAL-TV, the victim's parents asked the judge for incarceration, saying the impact on their son has been "devastating" and called Shattuck a rapist.

-

In all honesty? I want them to fucking fry her ass. Rapists - no matter the gender - are sick animals who need to be put the fuck down. This sentence is a fucking joke.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Another example of the justice system being completely one sided in terms of gender. No man ever gets a sentence like that. But then again a lot of things need to change in the justice system

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://deadspin.com/cleveland-browns-suspend-offensive-line-coach-andy-moel-1729183710

Cleveland Browns Suspend Offensive Line Coach Andy Moeller Indefinitely [UPDATE]
By Tim Marchman

1420438939572238884.jpg

Here is a statement the Cleveland Browns just put up on their website:

Statement from Cleveland Browns Spokesman on Offensive Line Coach Andy Moeller

“Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller has been suspended indefinitely by the team effective immediately. Over the weekend, Andy was involved in an incident, involving allegations that we take very seriously.

We have followed our internal protocol, determining that right now it is best for the team and for Andy to take time away from the organization to focus on his personal matters. We are going to respect the process of investigation on this personal matter and will have no further comment at this time.”

Obviously any time words like “incident,” “allegations,” and “personal matters” come up in relation to an NFL coach it’s of interest. While no one seems to be quite sure what sort of incident Moeller is alleged to have been involved in, he does have a track record of being arrested for driving under the influence. Know anything? We’re at tips@deadspin.com.

Peggy Gallek
@PeggySinkovich

Fox 8 I-Team learned Berea police investigating Andrew Moeller for an alleged assault that happened this weekend.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
More info...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ch-andy-moeller-investigation-alleged-assault

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller is being investigated for allegedly assaulting a female guest at his home, sources familiar with the situation said Monday.

A woman called Berea police over the weekend, alleging Moeller had assaulted her, the sources said. The woman was a guest of Moeller's from Maryland.

By the time police arrived, the woman was unsure about pressing charges.

However, police were required to file a report, which was presented to the city prosecutor. He will determine whether charges will be filed. Because the alleged assault was not of a live-in partner or spouse, it was classified as assault and not domestic assault.

Moeller was not arrested.

Berea police would not release information and referred all questions to Lt. Joseph Hedinger, the public information officer, who is out of the office until Tuesday morning. The police officer who answered the phone said she could provide no information or details.

The Browns suspended Moeller indefinitely Monday afternoon.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/12/dimitri-patterson-arrested-for-felony-child-abuse/

Dimitri Patterson arrested for felony child abuse
Posted by Josh Alper on August 12, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwfjywi3njq3nzvlmdhhmzmxyjq5mtdmntbiyzu5odg3-e1439410251666.jpeg
Getty Images

At this time last year, Dimitri Patterson was playing cornerback for the Jets and in line for a starting job in their secondary.

That never worked out as Patterson failed to show up for one of the team’s preseason games, which led to a suspension and his ultimate release before August was out. Patterson did not play in the league at all last year and we haven’t heard anything about him trying to catch on with a team in 2015. If he harbored any hopes of doing that, they’ve likely been dashed.

Patterson was arrested in Florida earlier this month and booked for felony child abuse after an incident involving his former girlfriend and their 1-year-old son. ESPN.com reports, via police and court records, that Patterson and Erika Medina got into an argument over child support during a custody exchange at a shopping mall that Medina recorded on her cellphone because Patterson had been “violent to her in the past.”

It escalated and, according to the incident report, Patterson grabbed Medina “around her neck and threw her to the ground” while she was holding the child. The young boy reportedly hit his head and suffered a bruise, leading to the charge against Patterson.

Patterson is due in court on August 31 for a hearing in the case.
No mercy here, I hope. Parenting is a tough job, but a whole lot of people have done it without ruining their kids with this kind of bullshit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Prime Time you're not going to like this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...nced-to-48-weekends-in-jail-for-rape-of-minor

Ex-Ravens cheerleader sentenced to 48 weekends in jail for rape of minor
By Jared Dubin | Staff Writer
August 21, 2015 12:15 pm ET

Molly-Shattuck-Ravens-charges.png

Ex-Ravens cheerleader will serve every other weekend in jail for two years. (YouTube)
A Delaware judge on Friday ordered Molly Shattuck, an ex-Baltimore Ravens cheerleader, to serve every other weekend in jail for the next two years.

Shattuck was facing up to 15 years in prison after she pled guilty to one count of fourth degree rape back in June. Just over a year prior, Shattuck began a physical relationship with a 15-year old boy (reportedly a classmate of her son) she met over Instagram. She was ordered to pay the victim's family $10,500 as well.

Shattuck had been facing a total of nine charges -- including two counts of third-degree rape, four counts of unlawful sexual contact in the second degree and three counts of providing alcohol to a minor -- but those charges were settled as part of her plea deal.

The third degree rape charges alone carried a potential sentence of 25 years in prison.

Under the plea agreement, Shattuck must register as a sex offender, can't contact the victim and isn't allowed to communicate with any minors, other than her own children. According to the Baltimore Sun, Shattuck must also undergo a mental health evaluation.

"I will spend the rest of my life making this right," Shattuck said. According to WBAL-TV, the victim's parents asked the judge for incarceration, saying the impact on their son has been "devastating" and called Shattuck a rapist.

-

In all honesty? I want them to freaking fry her ass. Rapists - no matter the gender - are sick animals who need to be put the freak down. This sentence is a freaking joke.

Now I have a difficult time understanding this one. As a 15 year old boy this would be a dream come true for me and my friends. Getting to bang that hot mom is most 15 years olds fantasy. I get that the kid was 15 but how was the impact devastating? He met her on instagram. Did he really have no idea what might happen? Did he really not hope that he would have a sexual encounter with a beautiful woman who was an NFL cheerleader? I think that boy is probably grinning from ear to ear but the parents are the ones that are devastated.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Now I have a difficult time understanding this one. As a 15 year old boy this would be a dream come true for me and my friends. Getting to bang that hot mom is most 15 years olds fantasy. I get that the kid was 15 but how was the impact devastating? He met her on instagram. Did he really have no idea what might happen? Did he really not hope that he would have a sexual encounter with a beautiful woman who was an NFL cheerleader? I think that boy is probably grinning from ear to ear but the parents are the ones that are devastated.

A female raping a male is still just as much of a crime and a despicable act as a male raping a female. And he was a fucking minor. He was in no position to consent to a forty-five-year-old woman's demands. Rapists, no matter the gender, no matter who the victim was, should fry. No exceptions.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

To be fair, it's the law and he's not old enough to consent. Just like a 15 year old girl isn't old enough to consent. But yea, I'd be pretty proud of myself if I did that at his age.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Doesn't matter whether the boy enjoyed himself or not. I'm sure he did. Sex with a minor is illegal.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A female raping a male is still just as much of a crime and a despicable act as a male raping a female. And he was a freaking minor. He was in no position to consent to a forty-five-year-old woman's demands. Rapists, no matter the gender, no matter who the victim was, should fry. No exceptions.

No offense Memento but how do we know they were demands? How do we know it was not consentual? As someone who was once a 15 year old boy this would rank on my list as one of the greatest things to ever happen in my life. Even if she was pushy, which she would have had to be a little since I would have been too afraid to screw it all up at that age. They call it rape but in my case it wouldn't have been and no way would I have been telling my folks. I would have wanted it to continue as long as possible. I would have been making those decisions completely of my own accord and of perfectly sound mind. I highly doubt that she really forced herself on him without him wanting it to happen. I get that she broke the law but stating that the son is devastated? Maybe he is devastated because his folks found out and got her thrown in jail.

I knew a guy who was dating a girl for 4 years. When he turned 18 and graduated he decided to break up with her since she was still in school and was only 15. She told her parents they were having sex and that poor guy went to jail for a year and is now a registered sex offender. These things are not always as they seem.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To be fair, it's the law and he's not old enough to consent. Just like a 15 year old girl isn't old enough to consent. But yea, I'd be pretty proud of myself if I did that at his age.

I get that she broke the law. I am not arguing that. I am saying that I doubt the boy is really 'devastated' by this as if it is a traumatic situation is all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Doesn't matter whether the boy enjoyed himself or not. I'm sure he did. Sex with a minor is illegal.

Again I am not arguing that it is legal or not. Just that I don't think it is likely that the boy is so traumatized or 'devastated'. If he did act that was it was probably to play the victim so his parents don't punish him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Again I am not arguing that it is legal or not. Just that I don't think it is likely that the boy is so traumatized or 'devastated'. If he did act that was it was probably to play the victim so his parents don't punish him.
Why not? Dudes are just as capable of not wanting sex as much as women are, or being coerced into doing things they don't want to do because of various reasons. Isn't it a little messed up to assume that he was like HURRHURR sex just because he has a penis and that's what you'd do?

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
All I know is that if this was a man with a girl that young, he is absolutely demolished by the judge. Rape by either gender should be looked at the same, but clearly in the legal system it is heavily one sided in terms of which is deemed more egregious.

Memento

Name
Jemma
No offense Memento but how do we know they were demands? How do we know it was not consentual? As someone who was once a 15 year old boy this would rank on my list as one of the greatest things to ever happen in my life. Even if she was pushy, which she would have had to be a little since I would have been too afraid to screw it all up at that age. They call it rape but in my case it wouldn't have been and no way would I have been telling my folks. I would have wanted it to continue as long as possible. I would have been making those decisions completely of my own accord and of perfectly sound mind. I highly doubt that she really forced herself on him without him wanting it to happen. I get that she broke the law but stating that the son is devastated? Maybe he is devastated because his folks found out and got her thrown in jail.

I knew a guy who was dating a girl for 4 years. When he turned 18 and graduated he decided to break up with her since she was still in school and was only 15. She told her parents they were having sex and that poor guy went to jail for a year and is now a registered sex offender. These things are not always as they seem.

You automatically assume that this would be the greatest thing to happen to the kid because it would've been one of the greatest things for you, in your opinion. Here's the thing, though: that kid is not you. You have no idea if that kid wanted that to happen to him, especially since it was a woman who was thirty years older than he was. And it doesn't fucking matter one bit if he consented to it or not because he is a minor, and it is still rape.

It's totally different when it's consensual sex between teenagers who have no fucking idea of the shitstorm that could happen, like your friend. Don't ever compare that situation to an actual rape and say "these things are not always as they seem." That woman knew what she was doing, knew it was one of the worst crimes you could inflict upon a human being, and she totally fucking deserves to fry for what she did.