The 2015 NFL Criminals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/25/police-confirm-arrest-of-ray-mcdonald/

Police confirm arrest of Ray McDonald
Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2015

mcdonald1.jpg
Getty Images

The Bears have yet to say anything about the arrest of defensive lineman Ray McDonald. The authorities are saying plenty.

Via NBC Bay Area, Santa Clara police have confirmed that McDonald was arrested Monday on charges of domestic violence and child endangerment. More information could be released within the hour.

Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee notes that the arrest occurred at an address belonging to retired 49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith. Smith has not been accused of wrongdoing.

The Bears surely will face pressure to sever ties with McDonald, especially since owner George McCaskey has said that he initially didn’t want to sign the player who was cut by the 49ers after a pair of accusations in 2014.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-of-assaulting-woman-who-was-holding-a-baby/

McDonald is accused of assaulting woman who was holding a baby

More and more details are emerging regarding the Monday morning arrest of Bears defensive linemanRay McDonald. And more and more time is passing with his current employer saying nothing.

Via NBC Bay Area, McDonald specifically is accused of “physically assault[ing] the victim while she was holding a baby.” The alleged victim apparently is McDonald’s ex-fiancée, who reportedly had been residing with the child in an apartment paid for by McDonald.

McDonald reportedly asked his ex-fiancée to leave the apartment. He then left the premises and, when he returned, the police had been called. McDonald was arrested at the home of former 49ers teammate Justin Smith.

McDonald’s ex-fiancée also was involved in the August 2014 incident for which McDonald was arrested but ultimately not charged. The 49ers were criticized heavily for taking no action against McDonald. The team then cut him after a separate accusation of sexual assault was made against McDonald later in the year. (McDonald contends that the claim of sexual assault is false.)

The Bears, meanwhile, have said nothing — not even the perfunctory “we’re looking into it” non-statement statement. They’ll be expected by many to say, and to do, something strong in response to this latest incident involving McDonald.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Wow if this is true that he attacked her while she was holding a child they need to lock him up and throw away the key.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...or-jr-gets-10-years-in-prison-for-sex-crimes/

Lawrence Taylor Jr. gets 10 years in prison for sex crimes
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 5, 2015

ltjr.jpg

Lawrence Taylor Jr., son of Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor, will spend the next 10 years in prison after a plea deal on statutory rape and child molestation charges.

Taylor took the plea just before his trial was set to start on Monday in Cobb County, Georgia.

The 33-year-old Taylor was accused of sexually assaulting two 13-year-old girls in 2012 and 2013.

Lawrence Taylor Sr., who played for the Giants from 1981 to 1993, has had his own legal issues, including a guilty plea to charges of patronizing a prostitute and sexual misconduct in connection with an encounter with an underage sex worker.

The irony here is rich.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
And another idiot released. So glad we seem to be staying away from these kinds of problems. /knocksonwood

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/25/bears-release-ray-mcdonald/

Bears release Ray McDonald

Holiday, schmoliday.

With the NFL taking a rare day off to celebrate Memorial Day, the Chicago Bears opted to transact some swift business in the immediate aftermath of the latest arrest of defensive lineman Ray McDonald.

The team has announced that McDonald has been released.

“We believe in second chances, but when we signed Ray we were very clear what our expectations were if he was to remain a Bear,” General Manager Ryan Pace said in team-issued release. “He was not able to meet the standard and the decision was made to release him.”

On one hand, McDonald is innocent until proven guilty, and it’s possible he didn’t do anything wrong. On the other hand, how many times can a guy be falsely accused before the question becomes why does he keep putting himself in the position to be accused falsely? With McDonald fully aware of the consequences of any misstep, he needed to do everything in his power to avoid any type of claim. He failed.

McDonald once again becomes a free agent, but it’s unlikely that anyone will take a chance on him unless and until he’s exonerated from the latest accusation of domestic violence and child endangerment. Even then, it’s possible that McDonald won’t get another second chance.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well looks like McDonald's nfl career is over. And rightfully so. Doubt he'll get much jail time, if any. But one can hope.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
My grandpa used to say, "wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first".

He is a stupid idiot bully. Very doubtul he changes. Sadly.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My grandpa used to say, "wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first".

He is a stupid idiot bully. Very doubtul he changes. Sadly.

Yeah, people like him don't just all of a sudden change. Putting them away for a while might get their attention. I have a feeling Greg Hardy is a guy who's going to be doing something pretty bad eventually. And there are some more. These guys were probably not good guys in college. Now they have a lot of money and fame and they think they're untouchable.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Goddammit, that guy's scum. I guarantee you that he raped the woman that he tried to sue for "falsely" reporting a rape and "ruining his reputation". Good on Kyle Long to say what everyone was thinking.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Hope he does to jail for a very long time. But I got to wonder why Justin Smith was having him over?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Wow if this is true that he attacked her while she was holding a child they need to lock him up and throw away the key.
I once had some idiot threaten to kill me while I was carrying my 14 month old son in my arms. Luckily, I had 5" and about 50lbs on the guy. All because my son touched his bicycle which was locked up against a gate. This is no joke.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/27/ray-mcdonald-is-arrested-yet-again/

Ray McDonald is arrested yet again
Posted by Mike Florio on May 27, 2015

If the Bears hadn’t already cut defensive lineman Ray McDonald, they’d be doing so tonight.

According to Katie Nelson of the San Jose Mercury News, McDonald was arrested Wednesday by Santa Clara, California police. McDonald allegedly violated a restraining order.

The restraining order, issued after McDonald’s Monday arrest, required him to stay away from the residence of his ex-fiancée.While his past incidents allow for a certain degree of gray area regarding the things that did and didn’t happen, it’ll be much harder for McDonald to claim innocence if he violated the fairly bright line of returning to premises from which he was ordered to stay away.

The 49ers cut McDonald after a pair of allegations against him last year. The Bears gave him another chance, but they promptly cut him after the Monday arrest for domestic violence and child endangerment.