THE 2014 RFIP DIRECTV CALL HAS BEEN MADE!!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I do this "social engineering" with DTV every year too, haha. Last year I called and got "Julie" in retentions, who dropped my bill from $229 a month to $80 and threw in the NFL Ticket. Did this on the way to the lake. Saved myself $180 for the year with a 30 min phone call. Boom!

Weird, can't edit my stupid original post. WTF? Meant to say $1800 for the year....KABOOM!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It's like the lottery..,you gotta play to win!!!

What he said. You can haggle just about anything down if you want to spend the time. The last thing they want is you leaving. Less money in their pockets, and more in their competitors. No brainer for them to bend over and give it up. They are STILL making $ off of you at those adjusted rates, they just aren't raping you as bad. Go get you some $ back.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As the credit emails roll in...

Qty Description
1 DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR $199.00
1 DIRECTV® Genie Mini $99.00
1 Sales Order Credit -$99.00
1 Sales Order Credit -$199.00

ADDITIONAL FEES
Installation Fee $0.00
Delivery & Handling Fee $19.95
Tax $0.00
Sales Order Credit -$19.95

ORDER TOTAL PAID** $0.00

Thank you for contacting DIRECTV. We have updated your account with a credit of $329.94. To confirm that this credit has posted, go to directv.com/myaccount and click on View Statement then Recent Activity.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
I can't get my wife to give up cable, not because she loves cable. she says she doesn't want to go through changing over to satellite. that's not good, on the other hand she might have changed me out long ago if she was ok with it. lol.

RamzFanz

Damnit
How does everybody get these deals but me?

If ever there was a time to hit up DirecTV, it's now. They are being bought out by ATT (maybe) and every subscriber counts.

I told the computer to cancel my account and that I wasn't moving. Straight to retention.

Then I said I kept DirecTV only because I traveled all the time and wanted to watch my football, but couldn't afford the NFLST after the free subscription. I said I travel so they had to give me MAX which has the tablet and phone service. She was like, oh, that's all? Take this and that and this and free equipment.

She also said, call back next year, we want to keep you! (y)

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Okay, so being inspired by RFIP, tonight I called and spoke with Angela (1st CS Rep) and Maria (3rd Party CS Rep) and this is what I was given. Not too bad.

$ 6.00 1-DirecTV Genie Receiver (Monthly cost, no cost for equipment purchase)
$ 18.00 3-DirecTV Genie Mini Receivers (Monthly cost, no cost for equipment purchase)
$ 0.00 Installation Costs
($ 20.00) Customer Discount No. 1: Next 6 months ($120.00 savings)
($ 10.00) Customer Discount No. 2: Next 12 months ($120.00 savings)
($ 5.00) Customer Discount No. 3: Next 24 months ($120.00 savings)
$240.00 NFL Sunday Ticket Package (I might splurge and get the Max ticket once the season starts. Only costs $90.00)
($250.00) Prepaid VISA Card for renewal of DirecTV Service for 12 Months.

All these improvements for basically nothing.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Okay, so being inspired by RFIP, tonight I called and spoke with Angela (1st CS Rep) and Maria (3rd Party CS Rep) and this is what I was given. Not too bad.

$ 18.00 3-DirecTV Genie Mini Receivers (Monthly cost, no cost for equipment purchase)
$240.00 NFL Sunday Ticket Package (I might splurge and get the Max ticket once the season starts. Only costs $90.00)

PREPAID VISA?!? WTF! I could buy RAMS TICKETS! I'm calling back.

Oh, and call later and ask how to get your sunday ticket on your tablet then bitch when they say you can't. Tell them you travel. They'll give you Max like RFID and me.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Weird, can't edit my stupid original post. WTF? Meant to say $1800 for the year....KABOOM!
After a certain amount of time, you can't edit messages anymore.

I think it's to prevent someone from posting "The Rams are awesome!", getting a bunch of likes, then editing the liked messages to "I like Hitler so huggy-muggy much!"

RFIP

Atta boy!!!

RamzFanz

Damnit
RFIP :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

You have led us to the promised land. We had heard it was there, but you lead us. Good job bro.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If ever there was a time to hit up DirecTV, it's now. They are being bought out by ATT (maybe) and every subscriber counts.

I told the computer to cancel my account and that I wasn't moving. Straight to retention.

Then I said I kept DirecTV only because I traveled all the time and wanted to watch my football, but couldn't afford the NFLST after the free subscription. I said I travel so they had to give me MAX which has the tablet and phone service. She was like, oh, that's all? Take this and that and this and free equipment.

She also said, call back next year, we want to keep you! (y)

And I've done stuff like that, been sent over to retention and........nothing. $10.00 off for 6 months blah, blah blah....nothing.
Been with Direct TV at LEAST 12 years, ALWAYS pay on time, have a large (three rooms) program package with HD and nothing....EVERY SINGLE TIME. They're like, "sorry to see you go....when do you want to stop service?"

RamzFanz

Damnit
And I've done stuff like that, been sent over to retention and........nothing. $10.00 off for 6 months blah, blah blah....nothing.
Been with Direct TV at LEAST 12 years, ALWAYS pay on time, have a large (three rooms) program package with HD and nothing....EVERY SINGLE TIME. They're like, "sorry to see you go....when do you want to stop service?"

Dude, call in, when the computer asks what you want, say cancel my service. Then when it asks if you are moving, say no. Go straight to retention and say you can't afford sunday ticket and you needed it because you are traveling so you are leaving. If you have a history with them, they will pay off.

Just don't back down. They will pay up every time.

They will give you free new equipment too unless you have cost them a fortune lately.

Just say goodbye. Stay with it.

This costs too much, I can't afford NFLST, I need it when I travel.

Then, when they give you that, ask about showtime and a visa card!

RamzFanz

Damnit
You know what happens if you fail? You call back and get the same service at the same price.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
On the phone with DTV now. I threatened to quit so they reduced my bill by $30. They're working on a ST adjustment now.

I'm surprised. They caved like a politician.

Appended: They just gave me the Ticket for free. Plus complete equipment upgrades.

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Well shit, I wish I could get in on the fun, but I've never had DirecTV. I love cable internet too much to give it up for DSL.

I guess I'm stuck in the rat leagues watching on gofirstrow.eu, or Wiziwig.tv .

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well crap, I wish I could get in on the fun, but I've never had DirecTV. I love cable internet too much to give it up for DSL.

I guess I'm stuck in the rat leagues watching on gofirstrow.eu, or Wiziwig.tv .

I have cable internet and DirecTV for video. Same price. Well, now that I RFIDed them in the ass, much cheaper and with the ticket. This new Geni has a terabyte of hard drive and will record 5 shows at once.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I have cable internet and DirecTV for video. Same price. Well, now that I RFIDed them in the ass, much cheaper and with the ticket. This new Geni has a terabyte of hard drive and will record 5 shows at once.

Being a first time customer won't get me many discounts on the sunday ticket, unless I find a different angle to move from...like "make it worth my while to leave comcast for you."

Also, I use a local guy for my comcast deals. I have everything maxed out for about 120 a month, with no contract.

RFIP

Being a first time customer won't get me many discounts on the sunday ticket, unless I find a different angle to move from...like "make it worth my while to leave comcast for you."

Also, I use a local guy for my comcast deals. I have everything maxed out for about 120 a month, with no contract.

Everything?

You got Sunday ticket???