The 12tards must not see what the rest of us see

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A team that won only one game by more than a TD and barely was able to squeak into the playoffs. Did little to improve themselves in the off season and are in likely the toughest division. Add to that they haven't won the division in three years and missed the playoffs the year after that.

NFL.com makes bold prediction that Seahawks will miss playoffs

Two years ago, it was a popular prediction that the Seattle Seahawks would fall to pieces and miss the playoffs for a second consecutive season. Many of the pundits even had Seattle finishing below .500 for the first time under Russell Wilson.

Now that Seattle is coming off consecutive 10+ win seasons and playoff appearances, but admittedly they have not won the NFC West since 2016. They had to make a serious second-half surge to make the playoffs in 2018 and rode historically great success in close games to get into the postseason in 2019.

With the 2020 regular season (tentatively) just over three months away, NFL.com columnist Adam Schein has rolled in with his nine bold predictions, and one of them is that the Seahawks won’t be good enough to make even the expanded playoff field.

Read it and weep:

I know that the Seahawks have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL over the last decade, posting a winning record in each of the past eight seasons, with double-digit wins in seven of them. I know that Russell Wilson is a first-ballot Hall of Famer. And I never want to bet against fellow future gold-jacket wearers Bobby Wagner and Pete Carroll. But I have serious questions about the overall quality of this roster — especially when compared to a host of rosters across the NFC.

San Francisco, last year’s NFC champs, look even better right now. Tampa Bay won the offseason, with Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski joining a talented young roster and Jason Licht adding some key pieces in the draft. New Orleans will be squarely in the Lombardi hunt for the fourth straight season. The Cowboys and Eagles both upgraded their rosters. I have already declared the Cardinals this year’s Cinderella team. And Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers.

Don’t get me wrong: I don’t expect the Seahawks to fall apart. But they’ll lose a few more games than usual, especially in this year’s highly competitive NFC West.

Based on what he’s written, presumably has the 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals, Buccaneers, Saints, and Packers in the playoffs. In fact we know he has the Cowboys in the playoffs because one of his other bold predictions was that Dallas would be the #1 seed.

Even as a Seahawks fan, I do not think it’s a bold prediction that they miss the playoffs, but I also still back them to make it anyway. I was among those who didn’t predict a postseason berth for Seattle in 2018 — I had them finishing 8-8 — but the lesson learned is that any team with Russell Wilson at QB should not be discounted from the playoff picture.

That said, I don’t think Schein is necessarily wrong to be concerned about the overall roster. It is not bad, per se, but unless the recent and current draft classes start becoming consistently positive contributors, I don’t think you can make a good argument that this is a particularly deep team. There are still serious question marks about wide receiver depth below Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf, a defensive line still without a proven #1 pass rusher, the largely retooled offensive line, and the development of young secondary players like Tre Flowers, Ugo Amadi, and Marquise Blair.

In conclusion, Adam Schein also called Buffalo Bills YOLO quarterback Josh Allen a darkhorse MVP candidate so you can pretty much rubber stamp a Seahawks playoff berth.

dang

Legend
Hate to admit it but the Seahawks are still relevant. Their secondary is still below average.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Hate to admit it but the Seahawks are still relevant. Their secondary is still below average.

They maybe but is anyone really worried about there pass rush or run stuffing ability? That pretty much says they may be average at best defensively.

oldnotdead

Legend
One of the hardest things for a QB to develop in the NFL if he doesn't come in with it, is deep ball accuracy. Very few QB's improve their deep ball accuracy. It's why IMO accuracy is far more important than arm strength. Arm strength can be far more easily improved than becoming accurate on deep throws. Brees didn't have a strong arm coming into the NFL. But he was deadly accurate in his short to medium throws. After a few years of training, his arm strength improved and he retained his accuracy with it.

Mike Vick and Cam Newton came in with cannons and it took them years to develop just reasonable deep accuracy. I've watched Josh Allen and he's got more than a ton of work to do when it comes to his deep accuracy. It wouldn't surprise me if he's one of those strong-armed QBs that never really masters it. Just like not every QB can read defenses. Baker must prove he can before he can ever become a true franchise QB. The same for Murray. He needs to prove he's not another Baker, i.e. one read and run QB.

I think the Hawks go 9-7 this year. I think the Niners go 10-5 with the Cards at the bottom out of the playoffs. I see the Rams going 13-3 and taking the division.

Super Bowl looks like Rams vs either the Ravens or Chiefs which would be an epic game.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Adam Schein listen to him often and he's more right than wrong and was one of the first a few years ago to call Mahomes...."Patty Mahomes" & was right that he was a stud. Many pundits have the Rams out and Seahawks in and I've felt the Seahawks are most likely due for a downturn. Now injuries have to be factored because one team that loses their signal caller is done, plus other positions if you lose more than two.

Overall I concur with Schein, but Seattle's first four games are on the road against Atlanta, home against New England & Dallas then on the Road against the Dolphins. So 2-2 seems likely, you never know and it's one game at a time, but I don't fear playing Seattle, but then again I draft Russell Wilson every year to be my fantasy QB, so what do I know.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like Adam Schein listen to him often and he's more right than wrong and was one of the first a few years ago to call Mahomes...."Patty Mahomes" & was right that he was a stud. Many pundits have the Rams out and Seahawks in and I've felt the Seahawks are most likely due for a downturn. Now injuries have to be factored because one team that loses their signal caller is done, plus other positions if you lose more than two.

Overall I concur with Schein, but Seattle's first four games are on the road against Atlanta, home against New England & Dallas then on the Road against the Dolphins. So 2-2 seems likely, you never know and it's one game at a time, but I don't fear playing Seattle, but then again I draft Russell Wilson every year to be my fantasy QB, so what do I know.
Yeah I was looking at their schedule and after that first 4 they have a rough stretch. vs Vikings @Arizona vs Whiners @Bills @rams vs Arizona @Philly. They could win their first 4 then if Arizona is what others seem to think they are they could lose the next 7 and it wouldn't be a stretch. Then 3 easier with both NY teams and the Redskins but close it out home with us and at the Whiners. I could easily see a 6 win team or a 10 win team.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I would love it living here now. Wilson will always keep them in a game though, so I’ll have to wait and see.

oldnotdead

Legend
People here have been critical of Snead's cap management. But he's been avoiding the whole rebuilding thing. He's kept the team competitive and even good enough for a SB appearance. The team wasn't good enough then as there were too many older hired guns. Those vets, however, bought time to develop the young guys.

Now this team is built. The only hired guns he brought in are the ones young enough to keep long term like Ramsey, Floyd, and Robinson. All the while this team has improved. This is a SB quality roster with no significant holes. This team is in a tight cap situation this year and next year. But that was because of Cook's and Gurley's contract. That, however, isn't on Snead. There is no way they could have predicted Cook's and Gurley's injury issues. I like the fact they have decided to bite the bullet now instead of simply kicking the can down the road. In 2022 this team will be in good cap shape as both of the aforementioned contracts will be off the books.

Meanwhile, mission accomplished as this team is built. This has to be the deepest team they have ever had. Mismanaged teams are ones like the Hawks, Browns, and Dolphins. They spend money and get nothing for it because their approach is flawed and their drafts aren't near as good as Snead's. Each year I think how good the draft has been. Snead is showing the NFL just how you build through the draft.

I simply don't get the people that are forever wanting to have the team in a rebuilding mode. Snead hasn't done that. He reloads not rebuilds. There is a long-range plan in place and so far it's working. His magazine is now filled with bullets. McVay has the ammo on both sides of the ball to make this team a serious contender and IMO they will be. Building the way Snead has is how you build a dynasty type of franchise.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
To me they just seem like a very average team with a good QB who pushes them over the finish line. That might be good enough to get into the playoffs, but it's hard to advance past the divisional round with a roster like that.