The 0%

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I guess it serves me right for actually stopping on ESPN when I was clicking around, but I saw the Rams logo so got sucked in and paused long enough to hear Jerome Bettis and some other guy on NFL Live give their odds for teams to win the NFC West division. Both gave the Rams 0% chance while laughing about what an awful team the Rams are. What made it worse is Bettis gave the 49ers a 5% chance (at least the other guy gave the 49ers the correct 0%).

Now, I freely admit I drink the kool aid. And maybe I'm one of the few -- one of the rare insane Rams fans -- who actually think the Rams have a good team that was lacking improved QB play, consistency from the defense, and an improved young O-line to do better than their 7-9 finish. But I didn't realize I was part of the 0%. Is it really impossible for a 7-9 team to improve enough to win the division?

I mean, 10% I could stomach because I'm used to the Rams getting no respect since frankly they haven't earned it. But 0%? Plus, I just find it very hard to swallow that Bettis thinks the 49ers have a snowball's chance in hell to win the division while not even giving the Rams the same "courtesy", so I had to post it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah... Hard to find anyone that gives us much a chance.

I'm a homer, no question... But I watch a LOT of football and live the sport 24x7. This Rams team CAN win the division.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wouldn't let it bother me, ESPN opinions these days tend to be worse than reading articles from The Onion

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i watch nfl live all the time and believe me, you don't go there for intelligent football discussion. i only watch it for the laughs.

i will never watch it live. i tape it and my finger rests on the fast forward button alot. gotta go through alot of shit to get to the good stuff.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I guess it serves me right for actually stopping on ESPN when I was clicking around, but I saw the Rams logo so got sucked in and paused long enough to hear Jerome Bettis and some other guy on NFL Live give their odds for teams to win the NFC West division. Both gave the Rams 0% chance while laughing about what an awful team the Rams are. What made it worse is Bettis gave the 49ers a 5% chance (at least the other guy gave the 49ers the correct 0%).

Now, I freely admit I drink the kool aid. And maybe I'm one of the few -- one of the rare insane Rams fans -- who actually think the Rams have a good team that was lacking improved QB play, consistency from the defense, and an improved young O-line to do better than their 7-9 finish. But I didn't realize I was part of the 0%. Is it really impossible for a 7-9 team to improve enough to win the division?

I mean, 10% I could stomach because I'm used to the Rams getting no respect since frankly they haven't earned it. But 0%? Plus, I just find it very hard to swallow that Bettis thinks the 49ers have a snowball's chance in hell to win the division while not even giving the Rams the same "courtesy", so I had to post it.
As I remember it, the last few games played for the Rams, he basically had quit on them. He definitely wasn't the player that Pitt got and the one that played lights out for them earlier in his career. So anything he has to say about the Rams I take with a grain of salt. I'm addicted to the Koolaid. Not only do I think they have a shot at the division, I think they have a shot at the big one. Give me another shot of that stuff!!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bettis can suck it.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Freak Bettis. He is still bitter Georgia didn't pay him. Hates everything Ram.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Bettis has been dead to me since the way he flat out quit on the Rams during the 1995 season. Some people blame the offense and Rich Brooks, and such blame is not entirely without merit - Bettis was not a great fit. But I don't think he handled it at all like a professional and his effort was very lackluster that season. And then he turns around and blames it all on the Rams to cover for his own lack of effort. Screw him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So i just watched the show. At the beginning they ranked the new hc/qb combos. This is Bettis and Saturday.

Without even a word said Wingo just moved Fisher/goff to the bottom of the ranking. And they all yucked it up like there was no question about it.

These were how they finished.

O'brien/Brock
Pederson/Sam
Gase/tennehill
Jackson/rg3
Kelly/krapper
Kubiak/Sanchez
Fisher/goff

Both the bozos pointed at Fisher, his record, his history with qbs. Bozos.

Then they brought in theo Riddick to give his input. He said he'd put Pederson and Sam in top. He would leave the Rams combo on the bottom. His reason, no wrs and no oline.

There you have it. Espn at it's finest.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

So i just watched the show. At the beginning they ranked the new hc/qb combos. This is Bettis and Saturday.

Without even a word said Wingo just moved Fisher/goff to the bottom of the ranking. And they all yucked it up like there was no question about it.

These were how they finished.

O'brien/Brock
Pederson/Sam
Gase/tennehill
Jackson/rg3
Kelly/krapper
Kubiak/Sanchez
Fisher/goff

Both the bozos pointed at Fisher, his record, his history with qbs. Bozos.

Then they brought in theo Riddick to give his input. He said he'd put Pederson and Sam in top. He would leave the Rams combo on the bottom. His reason, no wrs and no oline.

There you have it. Espn at it's finest.

Why does everyone think the Rams have no Oline. There were people suggesting the Rams draft some interior linemen in this last draft.......with only 5 picks and needs at WR/CB/LB? Are they stupid?

Wingo is a douchebag. He thinks he is a cool hip dude and tries to play up his image all the time. He thinks he is a personality. He doesn't do his homework and doesn't really know anything insightful. I am pretty sure that Bettis can't read, so there is no way he would know any of the Rams stats. Having a clown like Bettis on that show demonstrates how far ESPN has fallen. Is that really the best they can do?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why does everyone think the Rams have no Oline. There were people suggesting the Rams draft some interior linemen in this last draft.......with only 5 picks and needs at WR/CB/LB? Are they stupid?

Wingo is a douchebag. He thinks he is a cool hip dude and tries to play up his image all the time. He thinks he is a personality. He doesn't do his homework and doesn't really know anything insightful. I am pretty sure that Bettis can't read, so there is no way he would know any of the Rams stats. Having a clown like Bettis on that show demonstrates how far ESPN has fallen. Is that really the best they can do?

I can excuse Bettis and Saturday, they're both dumb jocks there for the laugh. But Riddick is supposed to be an insider. To suggest the Rams have no oline and no wrs is just ignorant.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Wouldn't let it bother me, ESPN opinions these days tend to be worse than reading articles from The Onion

The difference is that The Onion is satire, while ESPN actually take themselves seriously.

Yesterday I watched a video where Steven A. Smith and Bayless said Wentz nor Goff were in the same league as RG3.

It's not a sports news network; it's a sports opinion network, and the collective opinion seems to come from those with their head completely up their asses.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can excuse Bettis and Saturday, they're both dumb jocks there for the laugh. But Riddick is supposed to be an insider. To suggest the Rams have no oline and no wrs is just ignorant.

Riddick fancies himself as a draft guru doesn't he? He is there because they need to find something else for him to do.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Bettis has been dead to me since the way he flat out quit on the Rams during the 1995 season. Some people blame the offense and Rich Brooks, and such blame is not entirely without merit - Bettis was not a great fit. But I don't think he handled it at all like a professional and his effort was very lackluster that season. And then he turns around and blames it all on the Rams to cover for his own lack of effort. Screw him.

What people attributed to a lack of effort was rather a lack of focus, IMO. He and Brooks had been feuding from the start and it showed up on game day.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Bettis quit on the Rams because of the O line and the fact that they weren't putting any resources into it. He spent the entire season running out of bounds and should have been benched.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Bettis quit on the Rams because of the O line and the fact that they weren't putting any resources into it. He spent the entire season running out of bounds and should have been benched.

Although it should be mentioned they signed Dwayne White as a FA G if I remember correctly. He flopped, but it wasn't like they made no effort at all.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Bettis quit on the Rams because of the O line and the fact that they weren't putting any resources into it.

That wasn't it. He got off on the wrong foot with Brooks with his training camp holdout. Instead of putting it behind them, Brooks took it personally. Not sure I've ever seen a HC sour on an All Pro RB so quick.

Todd Lyght said later the whole team could smell the animosity between them.

If running OB is grounds for benching, Seattle/Pittsburgh wouldn't have put up with Shaun Alexander and Franco Harris that long.