That all-22 film thing is gonna be fun.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Coupled with video capture software, and nothing is going to go unnoticed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55wv5Cro3vU[/youtube]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Throw in a 1080P projector and a 10' screen...the DR will see all.

Anonymous

X said:

Now, I am no "this is receiver technique" kinda guy, and some positions I can see more clearly than others, but I have seen me a fair share of football games, so maybe this is right or not.

But, at the 7-8 second mark Salas shows some pretty quick feet. Am I right?

The play is set up to naturally "pick" him open but still, he has to cut diagonally at a quick pace to make that work.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
Now, I am no "this is receiver technique" kinda guy, and some positions I can see more clearly than others, but I have seen me a fair share of football games, so maybe this is right or not.

The play is set up to naturally "pick" him open but still, he has to cut diagonally at a quick pace to make that work.
Yeah, he has quick feet. His drills at the combine certainly illustrated that too. It was the precursor.

To be fair, that was just complete busted coverage by the Saints (and a nice pick by Lloyd), but I'll take it. I was more impressed with his physicality after the first hit, and his balance. And I know you know that as well. That was evident well before the Saints game.

DR RAM said:
You hook your computer up to that thing? That's pretty beast.

Anonymous

X said:
zn said:

Yeah, he has quick feet. His drills at the combine certainly illustrated that too. It was the precursor.

To be fair, that was just complete busted coverage by the Saints (and a nice pick by Lloyd), but I'll take it. I was more impressed with his physicality after the first hit, and his balance. And I know you know that as well. That was evident well before the Saints game.

Yeah it helped that Lloyd picked 2 guys out of the play.

And yeah he shows very nice balance when hit.

Why not just put up all of Salas's positive plays in a vid? I know they aren't many cause he got hurt...but still.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
X said:
zn said:

Yeah it helped that Lloyd picked 2 guys out of the play.

And yeah he shows very nice balance when hit.

Why not just put up all of Salas's positive plays in a vid? I know they aren't many cause he got hurt...but still.
I'm probably going to do that. It's actually quite a bit of work to do it though. I have to sync up a couple of programs, but before that I have to go through his stat sheet to find which games he had catches in - and THEN - watch a whole game to get all of his receptions captured.

But then again, the hell else am I gonna do?

I was gonna go ahead and log a whole mess of the drops the receivers had early on, and also the penalties that backed them a mile and a half out of the redzone once they got there, but that's really too much work to prove a bunch of dickheads at RamStalk wrong about their assertions. As you know, even indisputable evidence like that can be ignored.

Fug'm :neh:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
zn said:

DR RAM said:
You hook your computer up to that thing? That's pretty beast.
Yes I can.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just wanna see how it looks if I bypass YouTube and just host the video on my own.
EDIT: And lol on Feeley's face after the play. "The hell? Did that really just happen?"

[flv]http://ramsondemand.com/video/Salas.flv[/flv]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
zn said:
X said:

I think Salas shows good feet, but has very good instincts when running after the catch. Last year, he stunk it up early, got sent down, but when he came back up he was tearing it up until he got injured. My only beef when he came back up was that he definitely needs more strength. More strength could make him a very dangerous player. By the way, most young players need more strength.