Thanksgiving Day 1945

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Rams won their first ever division title, 28-21 in Detroit. Big Jim Benton caught 10 passes for 303 yards, a NFL record that stood for 41 years.

I spent some time yesterday searching for old Ram videos and was astonished to find someone who not only had this game but uploaded it to YouTube. First time I've ever seen it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great Post! You should find some more "Golden Oldies" and post them for us!!(y)(y);):D

rdw

Pro Bowler
The FBI piracy warning freaked me out and I had to stop the video.

Awesome thanks for posting..Now I know why the Ram painted horns on the helmets because I had a difficult time telling the teams apart from one another!

Ram65

Legend
Fast paced view of a game. The same game but a little different today. Rams passed the ball better. I don't know what down they threw the deep intercepted passes that seemed like a punt.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We remember that game!
~Me and Dave51

tempests

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great Post! You should find some more "Golden Oldies" and post them for us!!(y)(y);):D

There are actually a couple of games from 1951 on YouTube, including the Rams championship win over the Browns.
(The video says Rams/Cardinals but it is Rams/Browns.

Their 1945 win over Washington is on there as well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
There are actually a couple of games from 1951 on YouTube, including the Rams championship win over the Browns.
(The video says Rams/Cardinals but it is Rams/Browns.

Their 1945 win over Washington is on there as well.

:wow:This 1951 games takes me back to my 1st year of going to Rams games!! MAN '51 WAS A GREAT YEAR!!!!!!:wow:Watching all these Old Greats Playing again!!:wow:You can bet your A$$'s I'm loving it!!:D The announcer reminds me of an Old-Time Radio announcer!!

_CLEVELAND_RAMS.jpg

This reminded me, We kicked the Hell out of the Packers a couple of times in 1951!!
1951@PACKERS-RamsTowler.jpg
And then this one ...
My 1st Live game 42 to 14.jpg

42-14 My 1st Live game at the Coliseum ( I was on sitting on the 50 yard line 17 row's up!)
angry-grandpa.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love the wide base of the helmet's horns on those old helmets. Jack Youngblood said that was what drew him to the Rams. He and I both feel they looked badass and we should return to that look.