Thanks ROD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wonderboy

Rookie
I have really enjoyed this board, since finding it from a thread over at "the other place" several years ago. I grew up with the St. Louis Rams, my dad bought PSL's and season tickets for all 21 seasons and I attended games with him from the time I was 13 until now when I am 33. I am done with the NFL. I won't be able to root against the Rams because I have poured too many emotions into them, mostly negative, but I'll always remember the GSOT "good times." I'll always remember the Rickey Proehl catch and the noise in the stadium during the Vikings-Rams game in the 1999 season when the first play from scrimmage was a post for a TD to Isaac Bruce and the second half began with a kickoff return for a TD. That was a lot of fun. So while I can't root against the Rams, I can't have anything to do and I can't financially support in any way Stan Kroenke or the NFL. I don't want to raise my children to make emotional connections to football, because the NFL doesn't care. Instead, I will raise them to be St. Louis Cardinals fans. Fortunately for me, I was raised on the Cardinals first, but my love of football (and going to all of those Rams games) swayed me to love football even more. I know the baseball Cardinals will never let me down like this.

To you guys here, I read a lot of threads over the last several years even though I only rarely participated in the discussion. But it was always fun to feel like I was really involved with a group of people that were as passionate as I was about the Rams. I have gotten calls and texts from several of my friends, who know how loyal I was to the Rams to give me their condolences. They don't know anybody else that is as big a Rams fan as me. And honestly, it feels like I've suffered the loss of a family member. I am deleting the Rams on Demand page from my favorites and I don't plan on coming back (although that will be tough so I don't guarantee it). It isn't because of a lack of love from the people on this board, it is because I am truly done with the NFL. All of my Rams gear will be put into totes and stored away in my house without a plan to ever pull it out again. But I'm not getting rid of it either, I suspect some time many years from now I'll enjoy looking through it all again.

Thanks again for being awesome comrades. For those of you in Los Angeles, be careful what you wish for getting this team back. Stan Kroenke still owns it, so he will make your life a living hell like he has for those of us in the St. Louis area.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
There's a degree of truth (make life a living hell), as pointed out by Steven Smith (ESPN) today when he stated; "Kroenke teams don't win." And he's right, Kroenke owns 4 professional teams (and), none of them win!

"Some believe Kroenke is primarily a land developer and that the Inglewood development will be his legacy sort-to-speak. As to whether or not that explains anything, I happen to believe that Kroenke considers and treats sports teams as simply commodities. Why else would someone invest in so many sports teams? Sadly, as a result, Kroenke has little (if any) emotional attachment to any of them. Oh, he'll put out the cash to build a team, but unless he's emotionally involved, why should he bother to change things like a losing coach, .....especially when he has "other pressing priorities."

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Be happy you got all this time with the Rams. I understand you're upset, like the 30 other identical goodbye threads. But some of us, didnt get the opportunity to be season ticket holders. At least you got to have some good times. So be happy for that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There's a degree of truth (make life a living hell), as pointed out by Steven Smith (ESPN) today when he stated; "Kroenke teams don't win." And he's right, Kroenke owns 4 professional teams (and), none of them win!

Just to keep the record straight the Colorado Avalance have won one Stanley Cup under his watch and his Arsenal team have won back to back Football Association Challenge Cup (FA Cups) now I agree he's not Robert Kraft, but let's just keep the facts straight.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Just to keep the record straight the Colorado Avalance have won one Stanley Cup under his watch and his Arsenal team have won back to back Football Association Challenge Cup (FA Cups) now I agree he's not Robert Kraft, but let's just keep the facts straight.

If there are any "facts" to be kept straight as you put it, please direct them towards ESPN's Steven Smith as I indicated in the original message. Not to defend Smith, but I assume he is referencing the performances of these teams over the entire period he's owned them. That's the thing about using limited examples to make a point, they often miss the bigger point....but like you said, he's no Robert Kraft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If there are any "facts" to be kept straight as you put it, please direct them towards ESPN's Steven Smith as I indicated in the original message. Not to defend Smith, but I assume he is referencing the performances of these teams over the entire period he's owned them. That's the thing about using limited examples to make a point, they often miss the bigger point....but like you said, he's no Robert Kraft.

I understand the bigger point, but there have been many owners recognized as great owners that have won less and I'm really not counting on Steven A Smith to keep the record straight and neither should anyone else.

Fact is he oversees four professional sports teams and under his watch he has three titles, no it's not Kraft, but it's not Mike Brown either.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

haha, steven a smith. clown. along with his bum chum skippy boy.