Thanks A Lot EPA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not about if it works or not, it's about feeling good.
Yeah, I don't feel too good when I can't get my lawn equipment to run that I spent hundreds of dollars on much less thousands spent on autos. They'd love to force everybody to buy a friggin Prius.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, I don't feel too good when I can't get my lawn equipment to run that I spent hundreds of dollars on much less thousands spent on autos. They'd love to force everybody to buy a friggin Prius.

Embrace the ethanol myth. Otherwise we'll have to label you a farmer hater and oil lover.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Embrace the ethanol myth. Otherwise we'll have to label you a farmer hater and oil lover.
Great. I didn't realize you were one of the 'cornies'.
Now I must hate you and all you stand for.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Great. I didn't realize you were one of the 'cornies'.
Now I must hate you and all you stand for.
Point of order! If you hate ALL he stands for, wouldn't that mean that logically one of you would have to hate the Rams?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Point of order! If you hate ALL he stands for, wouldn't that mean that logically one of you would have to hate the Rams?
OH MY! That could could cause a rip in the Space/Time Continuum!!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He does. No corn lover can share my love of the Rams.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

That's just great. I already work in an industry that cuts down thousands of trees a month!

Athos

Legend
Solar is where it's at and where it should be.....imagine if we spent as much on alt fuel as well.....that which shan't be named.

I'll leave it there and scurry off into the dark.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The corn obsession is really outrageous. The brief love affair for E-85 fizzled out quickly as well. Sure it was cheaper, but the mileage difference and decrease in performance made it a wash.
That and the vast amount of corn grown, monocropping, the end of CRP programs here in Midwest...all a bummer.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The gas is designed for fuel flexible cars. If you have a fuel flexible car then you're perfectly fine to use it. If you don't then don't. It would be like putting diesel into a standard engine, so if you're stupid enough to do it then I don't really feel bad.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The gas is designed for fuel flexible cars. If you have a fuel flexible car then you're perfectly fine to use it. If you don't then don't. It would be like putting diesel into a standard engine, so if you're stupid enough to do it then I don't really feel bad.
Yeah, but the 10% garbage sucks ass too. It's all a terrible idea that costs society way more than the tiny benefit sought.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'll be alright. I know how to read an owner's manual and what type of maintenance is required and I might just be responsible enough to pump gas in that sucker. I don't plan on using E 15 even if it is available to me. I prefer to limit the ethanol in my gasoline. I wish I lived close to an ethanol free gas station.

Unfortunately there are people that know less about car ownership than me. If need be I could change my oil myself but I rather not to. Some people would be totally lost without a mechanic or AAA to change a tire.

Ps. It's that time of year. Winter blend farewell decent MPG's.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
one myth of ethanol (E 85) is that its cheaper. yes, on the price board at the station its cost per gallon IS less. however, at least in my vehicle and probably all combustion engines, ethanol doesnt burn as well as non ethanol gasoline, therefore dropping gas mileage. in my explorer its 2 to 3 mpg. so i lose 44 to 66 miles per tank or 3 to 4 gallons per tank. (i drive a ford explorer, your mileage may vary). thats a bit of coin to help out the corn cartel.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As an environmental major, a lot of the mainstream "going green" stuff is a bunch of shit. Recycling is a great concept for elementary school kids. Driving these hybrid cars; people don't realize the amount of energy required to build one of those things. Did you know it takes about 120 charges to an electric car before any real "green" benefit?

And same thing with these alternate fuels. All these ethanol based fuels are just a waste of resources (our food). The real alternative fuel that for some reason doesn't get as much attention is CNG. You want to lower emissions and have a cleaner atmosphere, CNG is the solution. But you'll have to convice everyone to switch, and that includes all the country folk here in the south to convert their V8 trucks. Good luck with that.

BTW, I hope you guys stand upwind whenever you fill your tanks. That benzene is a killer.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm just glad gas prices are dropping. Filling up my 8 mpg motorhome was killing my budget. And don't get me started on how much it cost just to fill up my 3/4 ton pickup to drive to work in. :whistle:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, honestly, very few stations sell this fuel across the nation.

Unless you have a flex fuel vehicle, you shouldn't be using this fuel anyway. It's not as bad as putting diesel in your tank (or vise versa if you have a diesel engine and put gas in it), but honestly, people have to pay attention and take responsibility. I was just LOOKING at cars and I read on the new car sites that the regular gas engines were NOT approved for E85 fuel. So, if you've purchased one, you have the manual. Reading is fundamental.

That said, I really wish the corn subsidies would end... I mean, what's dumber than using food for fuel? It just makes no sense on any level and I tend to lean toward constructive solutions that improve the environment.

But the corn people have just gotten over on the government and this isn't environmentalism, it's just bad government becoming bad business.