Thank You Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Case's interview after being told Goff was starting. Definitely not a happy camper, which is expected. I would guess he thought he could still turn it around.

fearsomefour

Legend
Better look that one up. I don't think it means what you think it means.;)
NOUN
  1. an appointment to meet someone in secret, typically one made by lovers
Yeah, what I meant.....

Damn spell check, when I need it to bail me out it does not.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks to Case for his efforts and best of luck to him and family.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I heard from a "source" that during the last game, Case would come to the sideline after a short drive, look at his tablet, and not even look at, nor say a word to Goff. He never spoke to the rookie once...during the entire game. In fact, I just read he was upset/unhappy with being replaced. I guess he also thought he was doing a fine job.

My point, I thought he was here to help mentor our future franchise QB? Thought he was some super teammate.
Oh great. I just love the unnamed source crap. First of all, I saw the two of them talking a couple times. Second, Fisher didn't tell them until Tuesday unless you question that - which makes no sense as he would have just stated it in his presser on Monday if everyone already knew.

I'm not sure how often a Vet QB goes to a rookie to discuss what's he sees in the game but.... whatever.

We shall see...
OR we shall conjecture and make mountains out of mole hills to fit a narative.
Listening to ESPN 710 and they talked about this for a bit that they were told from multiple sources that Keenum was being very Brett Favre like to Goff not helping or speaking to him etc. Of course they aren't going to parade around and say this is what happened but if this is true Goff did take the high road on interviews saying how much Case helped him out.
Unnamed sources.... sigh. Not possible that ESPN talking heads need something more to talk about than a change at qb that everyone knew was likely. Hell... that would be boring and unsalacious .

No, not the devil. A little ungrateful for the opportunity he was provided to produce. And frankly, keeping Goff & Mannion behind him was a silly. Dude has never shown the ability to lead a team to the playoffs. Move aside, and let the new guys get a chance.
Much like no one should necessarily be thankful toward him that he got the opportunity, neither should he be greatful for earning the starting job whether anyone believes he deserves it or not.

I thank him because he wore the horns and did his best as our QB. But that's all.
if this is true then -Keenum- he's a piece of crap
I just don't get why anyone thinks they need to jump to calling him a piece of shit even if it were true....which I am betting it's not.

true that man
No...not true dat. SMH.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
NOUN
  1. an appointment to meet someone in secret, typically one made by lovers
Yeah, what I meant.....

Damn spell check, when I need it to bail me out it does not.
Yeah, good old spell check is creating a generation of illiterates. It was a good idea for lazy people though. But I think most of us knew what you meant. My mind inserted the correct word in the sentence anyways.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'll thank Case for his efforts. I can appreciate what he accomplished with his skill set. He showed a lot of grit trying to get it done. At least he isn't a human turd like Kaepernick.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, good old spell check is creating a generation of illiterates. It was a good idea for lazy people though. But I think most of us knew what you meant. My mind inserted the correct word in the sentence anyways.
That's funny.
So did I mine I reread it quickly and my mind just subbed in the correct word. Funny how the mind does that. Also pretty funny what word autocorrect put in there.

FRO

Legend
Case is a great number 2 QB that can keep the ship afloat for a few games. He is not a starting NFL QB though. Trying to make him out as one is a major disservice to him and the team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Case is a great number 2 QB that can keep the ship afloat for a few games. He is not a starting NFL QB though. Trying to make him out as one is a major disservice to him and the team.
I'm trying to remember anyone making that case for him (no pun intended). I don't even think Fisher made that case (even in coach speak) for him. Keenum has known all along this season, as has everyone else not living under a rock, that he was the interim #1 QB until such time that Goff replaced him in that position. He now assumes his known position as a back-up. My guess is that Mannion will fill that role next season and Keenum moves on to be a back-up somewhere else in the league.

And I will thank him for his time and effort and wish the best for him unless he faces us. I don't need to make him out to me a total hack or find something nefarious to cast at him.

Bruce2980

Starter
Thanking Case Keenum for a 4-5 record is some 7-9 Bull SH*t.
Thank you Eric Dickerson for being the greatest running back in the history and Playing for the Greatest NFL team, the LA Rams, and leaving me with all of those incredible, emotional, memories. I can only dream of another player coming along and filling the void that you left, Oh and Case, you aint nowhere near filling that void my friend. Good luck with your next team, and don't spend all of those $millions in one spot, and don't forget there are 7 Billion people in the world that would love to say that they were the starting QB for the LA Rams. And there are about 4 billion people that will go hungry tonight, so no tears from me, you lived a dream, be happy and keep fighting the good fight.

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So trying hard and being a team player don't meant squat to you 2930? Gotta produce or you're scum?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanking Case Keenum for a 4-5 record is some 7-9 Bull SH*t.
Thank you Eric Dickerson for being the greatest running back in the history and Playing for the Greatest NFL team, the LA Rams, and leaving me with all of those incredible, emotional, memories. I can only dream of another player coming along and filling the void that you left, Oh and Case, you aint nowhere near filling that void my friend. Good luck with your next team, and don't spend all of those $millions in one spot, and don't forget there are 7 Billion people in the world that would love to say that they were the starting QB for the LA Rams. And there are about 4 billion people that will go hungry tonight, so no tears from me, you lived a dream, be happy and keep fighting the good fight.
So only HOF players should be thanked for their time with our Rams. Got it. This thread is not about Case asking to be thanked by the fans. It is about one fan showing his appreciation for someone who worked hard for our team.

The ire aimed at Keenum baffles me. It specially baffles me in that I'm pretty sure (I'd have to look) the OP has wanted Goff to play all along.

Keenum has played his heart out and has done nothing to suggest he has been a bad teammate or person. He's a guy who is trying hard to do his best for our team. Last I checked, he wasn't looking for a pat on the back for it.

Bruce2980

Starter
So only HOF players should be thanked for their time with our Rams. Got it. This thread is not about Case asking to be thanked by the fans. It is about one fan showing his appreciation for someone who worked hard for our team.

The ire aimed at Keenum baffles me. It specially baffles me in that I'm pretty sure (I'd have to look) the OP has wanted Goff to play all along.

Keenum has played his heart out and has done nothing to suggest he has been a bad teammate or person. He's a guy who is trying hard to do his best for our team. Last I checked, he wasn't looking for a pat on the back for it.
Keenum has played his heart out and I do not believe he has been anything but a great teammate, But different people have different opinions, and mine is that only great players get my thanks and get locked away in my memories. I have no time nor desire to reminisce about the hundreds of average or well below average players to play for the Rams in the past. Although I wholeheartedly rooted my ass off for everyone last one of them. I paid a lot of money to be entertained by the Rams over the last forty plus years, and even more this year. I deserve to be entertained by the best. Sometimes I have to wait years to watch great football, thank God for our defense and special teams. If I want to watch a B movie, I'd prefer to pay B movie prices.
Kennum's $millions is worth more to him than any pat on the back that he'll ever find in the physical. I have no ire for him, I blame any of his short comings on the guy that hired him and put this team and the fans in this position. Meanwhile he got to live out his dream and be a starting QB for 9 weeks. I shed not tears for him nor any for the coaches that get fired for this pathetic "offensive" (pun fully intended) output. Keenum has a great life, he is not a victim nor will I pretend that he is.
When I cheer for the Rams I cheer for victory, not for a player to be a great teammate, or a nice guy that walks little old ladies across the street, when I am watching football I don't give a rats ass if Keenum is a great human being, (but I am grateful that he is not Tony Banks or Lawrence Philips, why the hell did they have to play for the Rams, can I get a memory purge?). I want him to throw a touchdown pass. I am an American and I love winning. I want to see great athleticism, I want to see someone do something spectacular. I don't want to watch the WNBA, boy high school basketball has better athletes than that league, but I digress. And I certainly don't want to watch someone that has the worst QB rating in the league when there is a high valued franchise pick sitting on the bench.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Keenum has played his heart out and I do not believe he has been anything but a great teammate, But different people have different opinions, and mine is that only great players get my thanks and get locked away in my memories. I have no time nor desire to reminisce about the hundreds of average or well below average players to play for the Rams in the past. Although I wholeheartedly rooted my ass off for everyone last one of them. I paid a lot of money to be entertained by the Rams over the last forty plus years, and even more this year. I deserve to be entertained by the best. Sometimes I have to wait years to watch great football, thank God for our defense and special teams. If I want to watch a B movie, I'd prefer to pay B movie prices.
Kennum's $millions is worth more to him than any pat on the back that he'll ever find in the physical. I have no ire for him, I blame any of his short comings on the guy that hired him and put this team and the fans in this position. Meanwhile he got to live out his dream and be a starting QB for 9 weeks. I shed not tears for him nor any for the coaches that get fired for this pathetic "offensive" (pun fully intended) output. Keenum has a great life, he is not a victim nor will I pretend that he is.
When I cheer for the Rams I cheer for victory, not for a player to be a great teammate, or a nice guy that walks little old ladies across the street, when I am watching football I don't give a rats ass if Keenum is a great human being, (but I am grateful that he is not Tony Banks or Lawrence Philips, why the hell did they have to play for the Rams, can I get a memory purge?). I want him to throw a touchdown pass. I am an American and I love winning. I want to see great athleticism, I want to see someone do something spectacular. I don't want to watch the WNBA, boy high school basketball has better athletes than that league, but I digress. And I certainly don't want to watch someone that has the worst QB rating in the league when there is a high valued franchise pick sitting on the bench.
And no one including the OP is asking you to lock Keenum away in your memories. Keenum is not asking for your thanks either. But saying that thanking him is some 7-9 bullshit is IMO unnecessary. Your tone in the post I responded to seemed quite clear. It was that of disdain for him - a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" sentiment. I don't think he deserves that. And when someone wants to post something positive or a simple pleasantry, don't feel obligated to piss on it.

jap

Legend
or in the Rams case they cant even be Alex Smith. people wonder why we are 7-9 every year the list of QB's we have had tells the story. Foles,Davis,Hill,Clemens,Case gives me a headache thinking about it

Yes! Our QB history is, in fact, the very reason we have always been a mediocre team. Sam could never stay healthy, and everyone else has been sub par up to now.

Somebody! . . . start the drum roll for the Man with the Golden Arm . . .

Bruce2980

Starter
And no one including the OP is asking you to lock Keenum away in your memories. Keenum is not asking for your thanks either. But saying that thanking him is some 7-9 bullcrap is IMO unnecessary. Your tone in the post I responded to seemed quite clear. It was that of disdain for him - a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" sentiment. I don't think he deserves that. And when someone wants to post something positive or a simple pleasantry, don't feel obligated to pee pee on it.

(y)

Bruce2980

Starter
So trying hard and being a team player don't meant squat to you 2930? Gotta produce or you're scum?
Not necessarily, I believe that the best players need to be on the field any given Sunday for one. And two, I think that this coaching staff and organization have an obligation to the fans that support this franchise (cause without the fans paying money there is no NFL) to get the best players available in the world and put them on the field. Now if this were the Special Olympics, then this would be an entirely different discussion

If the fans sold out every game and never displayed their frustration with sub par or poor performance then their would be no need or urgency at any level to compete for many of the sub par teams. Lets face it, it is the pressure to perform that gets coaches, players and organizations to strive for perfection. That strive for perfection is not inherent in every human being with every task they perform 100% of the time.

And for the record I never said Keenum or any current or former player for the LA Rams is 'SCUM."

But in my line of work, if I don't produce, I get fired, I lose my house, my child gets collected by CPS, I don't eat. .

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get where your coming from Bruce. You spend hard earned money to go watch your favorite team, and they make millions. But putting all that aside, when I see someone work his ass off, not complain,, take hits other QB's in the NFL wouldn't just to get that 1st down, Knowing he's going to be replaced at some point after the season starts, I thought Keenum deserved a "Thank You", at least from me. For you, Bruce, Keenum's paycheck is all the thanks he needs.
I want Keenum to know I appreciate his effort.