Thank the Gods for Goff and McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I've been listening to Michael Lombardi's podcast the last few weeks trying to see if he'll discuss Goff. Not once through 4 weeks UNTIL the seahawks loss. Then it was "there are 15 teams that want a new QB and the Rams would be one if they weren't stuck with Goff ":mad:
Only guy I listen to when it comes to Goff is Cowherd. He actually watches the games and not just the highlights

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Wonder what it would be like if McVay had Wentz? Sorry.
Right, and what he would look like after starting only 7 games his rookie year under Fishers offense and that 2016 offensive line. Wonder how far he would be, what would Lombardi think of him then?

Go Rams........... ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Right, and what he would look like after starting only 7 games his rookie year under Fishers offense and that 2016 offensive line. Wonder how far he would be, what would Lombardi think of him then?

Go Rams........... ;)

IMO, Wentz would have started from day one over Keenum. Goff had issues with the snap from the beginning, but again, JMHO.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
IMO, Wentz would have started from day one over Keenum. Goff had issues with the snap from the beginning, but again, JMHO.
Come on give me a break. The snap under center is bull shit. Given good coaching any of the QBs today could handle it. On the other hand, no where in Fishers history has a rookie qb started game 1. He would have sat like all the ones before him. He would have been tutored by Wienke and Boras and he would have sucked, just like Dak would have or anyother QB stuck with Fishers fucked up offensive staff. I think Goff has shown he can learn and do what any other QB can do given the proper coaching.

Scirca

Rookie
Wonder what it would be like if McVay had Wentz? Sorry.

1. Why would you want a guy who complains whenever he gets hit or something goes wrong, not to mention is a fucking flopper, with spotty accuracy.

2. Carson Wentz only superior physical trait is the fact that he is taller and weighs more. He doesn't have a stronger arm than Goff nor does he have Goff's accuracy or mental toughness.

3. Carson Wentz is going to be 25 this December, Goff is going to turn 23 this October.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz is playing lights out with a shakier offensive line and the guys and teams he played so far can’t be overlooked.

Goff on the other hand has shown amazing improvement in every aspect of the game. Yes he still has some very real issues but so does Wentz the most important thing is improvement and so far they both had shown that. Let’s just be happy that Goff is making this a conversation instead of Wentz running away with it

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
2. Carson Wentz only superior physical trait is the fact that he is taller and weighs more. He doesn't have a stronger arm than Goff nor does he have Goff's accuracy or mental toughness.

3. Carson Wentz is going to be 25 this December, Goff is going to turn 23 this October.

Disagree on 2....Wentz's arm is superior to Goff's, not that Goff's is bad at all, but Wentz can throw it through a brick wall. And stop with this two years older stuff, I realize it is a difference, but Wentz is built bigger and it does not matter how much older his is, he will always be physically bigger than Goff and that does not actually matter.

Wentz is a gamer and he's having a great season and Goff is improving each week too, overall, they both are going to be very good QB's IMO.

Scirca

Rookie
Disagree on 2....Wentz's arm is superior to Goff's, not that Goff's is bad at all, but Wentz can throw it through a brick wall. And stop with this two years older stuff, I realize it is a difference, but Wentz is built bigger and it does not matter how much older his is, he will always be physically bigger than Goff and that does not actually matter.

Wentz is a gamer and he's having a great season and Goff is improving each week too, overall, they both are going to be very good QB's IMO.

How is it superior, because at the combine Goff clocked a stronger arm, and then they did a sport science video on arm strength between the two and Goff clocks the faster mph throw. I'm so sick of people talking without any facts backing them up. READ or do some research.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm not saying anything on Goff or wentz just yet. Last year wentz started hot and then cooled off drastically. Same might happen with Goff. Teams gather film and look for tendencies. Let's save the MVP talk for week ten or later.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
McVay and Goff has shown a lot more promise than we had in a while..BUT I'm not kissing any asses until we make the playoffs.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
How is it superior, because at the combine Goff clocked a stronger arm, and then they did a sport science video on arm strength between the two and Goff clocks the faster mph throw. I'm so sick of people talking without any facts backing them up. READ or do some research.

No doubt this board will always be divided on this topic

I've been in Goff 's corner from day 1

A few years down the road and we'll see, there is zero doubt in my mind we picked the right QB

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Wentz is playing lights out with a shakier offensive line and the guys and teams he played so far can’t be overlooked.

Goff on the other hand has shown amazing improvement in every aspect of the game. Yes he still has some very real issues but so does Wentz the most important thing is improvement and so far they both had shown that. Let’s just be happy that Goff is making this a conversation instead of Wentz running away with it
Wentz offensive line is good. There in top 5 rushing. Not trying to take anything away from wentz he is playing great, but let's not make shit up to enhance our preference. Wentz has been killing it, but that team he is on is real hot. They ran the the last 7 min of the game against chargers. They ran all over them.

Scirca

Rookie

Shakier offensive line?? That offensive line has a Hall of Fame LT (Jason Peters). Pro Bowl RT (Lane Johnson) and a Pro Bowl C (Jason Kelce).

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I was going to be Michael Lombardi for Halloween, but than I realized I can't get my head that far up my ass!
How about this instead!
shopping

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz offensive line is good. There in top 5 rushing. Not trying to take anything away from wentz he is playing great, but let's not make crap up to enhance our preference. Wentz has been killing it, but that team he is on is real hot. They ran the the last 7 min of the game against chargers. They ran all over them.
I’m talking about pass pro

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shakier offensive line?? That offensive line has a Hall of Fame LT (Jason Peters). Pro Bowl RT (Lane Johnson) and a Pro Bowl C (Jason Kelce).
Yeah they have been when it comes to pass protection. Lol y’all kill me, was the same ones saying he as in Wentz wasn’t go be better than he was last year now all of a sudden everybody want to point out why he is doing BETTER than last year instead of just giving the guy his props

Ramzheart

Rookie
1. Why would you want a guy who complains whenever he gets hit or something goes wrong, not to mention is a freaking flopper, with spotty accuracy.

Honestly, I would be happy with either one of them, I think they both are going to be good leaders and have long career's! Last year I kind of worried about the quality and state of the league after Manning retiring and guys like Brady and Rodgers not having too many years left, but I think we have a nice crop of young qb's up and coming to pass the torch too!

TexasRam

Legend
I’d be happy with Wentz. He’s s great leader and has some awesome NFL skills.

I think Goff has the more pinpoint accuracy and natural touch and that will lend towards more consistency through his career.

…..

Legend
I wonder if Denver and Miami fans debated Marino and Elway ad nauseum back in the day.

I dont really remember because It was 1983 and I was just learning how girls could do wonderful things to my middle area :sneaky: