Thank God we got guys who can draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Outside of the 2012 second round, Fisher and Snead have shown the ability to kill the draft. Now the 2014 class hasn't played a down in the NFL, so this could end up being a disastrous class, but as someone who follows the draft closely I can't complain about this draft. We have a young stacked roster. If we don't have a top 5 defense I will be disappointed. Can't wait to watch this team play. We are building a perennial contender. Good feeling.

RFIP

I need to see what happens with Britt and either way, how this pass offense looks. Don't kid yourself if we can't throw it we won't be successful but I hold out hope.

I really like the D, concern there is the back end but we drafted a slew of players so hopefully one or 2 can play.

All in all we certainly got better this weekend.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
RFIP
If we can run the ball we can throw it...and we will be able to run it.

iced

i see us being improved - but i question our ability to air it out. time will tell

A55VA6

Legend
On paper, an impressive draft. Hopefully these players come in and play great. I'm excited for preseason already!!

Speeps

Starter
I think this draft solidifies this teams identity as tough, physical, run first, play action later. This was a successful draft, we added 3 offensive lineman, all massive. Bolstered the defensive line with pass rushers and much needed secondary upgrade. This was a meat and potatoes draft. Nothing pretty about it. Lots of really good value for our picks in there.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If Jones can become the leader of our O-line we could have the best in the league. I want this kid to succeed in the worst way. His brains are perfect for the center position. His body is another question at this point.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
For those who are concerned about our passing attack, I'm not. I think our running game will make it easy to pass. Not to mention how tired defenses will get trying to stop Mason/Stacy/Cunningham and then getting burned by Bailey, Austin, Givens. That's nasty, boys, and it controls the clock. That's Fisher football...

Oh! Don't forget Cook and Kendricks, either. I actually think Kendricks is more valuable than Cook in this offense.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm legitimately concerned about our receiving corps. They were terrible last year. Hopefully they make the jump and improve. Can't lead the league or be near the top in drops. We will try and beat you with the run game and dominating defense.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If the OL is anywhere near as good as it looks on paper, the Rams should be able to run the ball even when the D knows they are runnin it. That alone will open up the passing game. If Ds have to stack 8 or 9 in the box to prevent a 2 yard run, SB should be able to make the quick read and deliver a strike.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
True that. Kendricks is the Rams version of Kurt Rambis.

Cook has to learn to block, man. Otherwise it tips the plays something fierce. When Kendricks is in the game, you don't know what the heck is about to happen. He's a very well rounded player who transformed under Fish.

SierraRam

Recreational User
True that. Kendricks is the Rams version of Kurt Rambis.

Cook needs to be Worthy.

If Jones can become the leader of our O-line we could have the best in the league. I want this kid to succeed in the worst way. His brains are perfect for the center position. His body is another question at this point.

My preference would be Jones winning the LG spot. Robinson and Saffold on the right... Stacy / Mason running untouched! Jones, at least should be quaity depth at every OL position!

PhxRam

Cook needs to be Worthy.

My preference would be Jones winning the LG spot. Robinson and Saffold on the right... Stacy / Mason running untouched! Jones, at least should be quaity depth at every OL position!

Cook CAN BE Worthy when he is not to worried about trying to be Magic.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We need to add offensive line depth.
Long
Robinson
Wells
Saffold
Barksdale

All looks good on paper, but Saffold and Long get hurt a lot. Davin Joseph or Harvey Dahl would be good gets.

RFIP

i see us being improved - but i question our ability to air it out. time will tell

Excactly.

I love what we have added but I don't see much improvement in the passing game unless Quick, Givens or the like are ready for a break out year.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Amen thank God! Feels good to have people who know how to build a roster and that will help us sustain 4,5, or 6 years down the road