Texts from parents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
9z3s8tlorvs2j2r7sah0.png

7z52a7tih4vcsygens5r.png

jvl4uhgwswh1udwiabt0.png

pqbd7imwy1g874wqomho.png

z95imqh0soczzg0i6re0.png

lj80zpaa8fgmp7mxoox5.png

smroimln3n1nm641xeqw.png

jz3rr69omz1tlcwza6h6.png

v3ga22c68z7zdladjtit.png

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm 29 years of age and I'm a pretty lousy texter. I recently found out you can orate a text and now my texts read like voice mails. "Intended person this is me, lengthy message with words that may not have been what I said."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm 29 years of age and I'm a pretty lousy texter. I recently found out you can orate a text and now my texts read like voice mails. "Intended person this is me, lengthy message with words that may not have been what I said."
I do voice-to-text as well. The only minor issue is that

EYE

HAVE

TO

EE-NUN-SEE-ATE

EH-VER-EE

WORD

PURR-FECT-LEE

in order to avoid typos.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
You're*! You're*! Damn parents.

I liked that text you quoted in particular. It's the kind of cruel, 'keep them on their toes' type parenting that I'd like to utilise when my girls are older.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Those are great. I wish I had all the txts from my old phone (completely dead) between my 18yo son and I. So many hysterical conversations.....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I do voice-to-text as well. The only minor issue is that

EYE

HAVE

TO

EE-NUN-SEE-ATE

EH-VER-EE

WORD

PURR-FECT-LEE

in order to avoid typos.

Pro Tip:

You have an S5........move it away from your face, you don't have to eat it, keep it a foot or so away and it'll learn your language.

@LazyWinker you said orate!

CORNHOLIO_NEED_HIS_TP.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pro Tip:

You have an S5........move it away from your face, you don't have to eat it, keep it a foot or so away and it'll learn your language.

@LazyWinker you said orate!

CORNHOLIO_NEED_HIS_TP.jpg
I might have to bring it back, because I'm getting a lot of complaints from people that they can't hear me that well. It's that stupid pinhole microphone on the bottom of the phone. Might have some dirt or something in it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I might have to bring it back, because I'm getting a lot of complaints from people that they can't hear me that well. It's that stupid pinhole microphone on the bottom of the phone. Might have some dirt or something in it.

Are you talking about using voice to text and having it translate or using the speaker feature on the phone.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Are you talking about using voice to text and having it translate or using the speaker feature on the phone.
voice to text. I tend to talk fast, so I understand the need to have to slow down a little and enunciate a bit to avoid typos though. The phone, in and of itself, has a pretty shitty mic though. The S3 was better than this one. But that doesn't matter either, because I have that bluetooth headset that you wear around your neck. Yes, I know, it's gay. But it works very well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
voice to text. I tend to talk fast, so I understand the need to have to slow down a little and enunciate a bit to avoid typos though. The phone, in and of itself, has a pretty crappy mic though. The S3 was better than this one. But that doesn't matter either, because I have that bluetooth headset that you wear around your neck. Yes, I know, it's gay. But it works very well.

Are you using Swiftkey? If not load it from the Playstore, and I don't know of any bluetooth device that does well with voice to text. It's a pretty common complaint. And I have a nice motorola piece and it doesn't work well either. Something gets lost so when I am driving I just turn it off and use the speaker and it's fine as long as I don't yell at it like it a deaf person and hold it against my teeth like some people do.

I didn't know there was a bluetooth headset you could wear around your neck. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Are you using Swiftkey? If not load it from the Playstore, and I don't know of any bluetooth device that does well with voice to text. It's a pretty common complaint. And I have a nice motorola piece and it doesn't work well either. Something gets lost so when I am driving I just turn it off and use the speaker and it's fine as long as I don't yell at it like it a deaf person and hold it against my teeth like some people do.

I didn't know there was a bluetooth headset you could wear around your neck. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
thewire06-20-460x307.jpg

That's the headset. It's pretty awesome.
I'm not using swiftkey, and I don't really need it. Never mind the talk-to-text thing. I'm just complaining about the mic in general on the S5. But if I want to talk and have that turn into text for text messages, I just have to enunciate clearly in order to avoid typos. Now quit bugging me about this or I'm gonna punch you in the balls.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
thewire06-20-460x307.jpg

That's the headset. It's pretty awesome.
I'm not using swiftkey, and I don't really need it. Never mind the talk-to-text thing. I'm just complaining about the mic in general on the S5. But if I want to talk and have that turn into text for text messages, I just have to enunciate clearly in order to avoid typos. Now quit bugging me about this or I'm gonna punch you in the balls.

I think you should punch me in the balls while I feel sorry for you for wearing that contraption. Did you get that from an orthodontist?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think you should punch me in the balls while I feel sorry for you for wearing that contraption. Did you get that from an orthodontist?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
lulfuku

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Facbook really befuddled my mother in law. She used to complain about my nephew... "Stop putting that stuff on my computer"