Textgate/Noisegate - Punishments handed out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Now Bushgate

Reggie Bush implicated in spiking drinks
Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2015, 5:51 PM EST
bush.jpg
Getty Images
In December, Darren Sharper’s codefendant suggested that he witnessed other players spiking drinks at a Las Vegas convention. At the time, Brandon Licciardi didn’t name names.

Now, John Simerman and Ramon Antonio Vargas of the Baton Rouge Advocate report that Licciardi identified former Saints (and current Lions) running back Reggie Bush as a player Licciardi saw spiking drinks.

Specifically, Simerman and Vargas report that Licciardi said he saw Bush “drop ecstasy into Champagne glasses and hand out the illicit party drug to women on a nearby dance floor at a Las Vegas club.”

Licciardi later retreated on the claim that he saw Bush spiking drinks.

“No, I didn’t see him put it in the drink,” Licciardi told investigators regarding Bush. “He told me. And he said he was handing it to people, in Vegas. He asked me if I wanted some. And I was like, I don’t do that stuff.”

Bush has been charged with no wrongdoing in any jurisdiction. However, the contentions from Licciardi may cause some discomfort in Detroit — and at 345 Park Avenue in Manhattan.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The League! The League! The League is on FIRE!

We don't need no water! Let this m%$#*%$%$#$ burn! Burner m%$#*%$%$#$! Burn!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Now I see that Jerry Rice has admitted to using stick 'em...In fairness, if folks want to say the Cheatriot records should be considered tarnished, then now Rice's should be also...Why would a guy say something like that now ??? It's a mystery to me...The whole NFL world seems to be falling apart over stuff that doesn't seem that world-ending to me...

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Now I see that Jerry Rice has admitted to using stick 'em...In fairness, if folks want to say the Cheatriot records should be considered tarnished, then now Rice's should be also...Why would a guy say something like that now ??? It's a mystery to me...The whole NFL world seems to be falling apart over stuff that doesn't seem that world-ending to me...
Among Rams fans, many of whom go back decades, who do you think was upholding Rice and the rest of the 49ers of that era as a paragon of virtue?

Rice's admission surprises me only in that he admitted it, but that team has been known to be dirty for quite a while now.

Athos

Legend
Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that multiple league sources say a suspension, a draft pick forfeiture and a fine are all on the table as the NFL investigates whether team executives texted the coaching staff during games to suggest play calls. That would be a violation of league rules, which limit the types of electronic communications that players, coaches and other team officials can use during games.

lmao.

Sure didn't help them much.

But SERIOUSLY! Anyone else WEARY TO SHIT about the media's hard-on obsession with "insert 'cool' noun here"-Gate, for anything controversial or illegal?

I want that word to be stricken from the dictionary.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lmao.

Sure didn't help them much.

But SERIOUSLY! Anyone else WEARY TO crap about the media's hard-on obsession with "insert 'cool' noun here"-Gate, for anything controversial or illegal?

I want that word to be stricken from the dictionary.

Next up: ROD-gate.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Among Rams fans, many of whom go back decades, who do you think was upholding Rice and the rest of the 49ers of that era as a paragon of virtue?

Rice's admission surprises me only in that he admitted it, but that team has been known to be dirty for quite a while now.
[QUOTE="Boffo97

That was the gist of my post..Not surprised at the cheating, only at the fact that he put himself in the negative limelight when he had no reason to do so...Stupid, stupid move ...Certainly not a conscience attack, none of them had one...

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The duplicity of the "integrity of the game" mantra is being exposed, and people don't like being lied to. The NFL should fall apart, for perhaps that will force the pendulum to swing back and for some real transparency and integrity to make it back into this global entertainment business.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/30/falcons-lose-a-2016-fifth-rounder-fined-350000/

Falcons lose a 2016 fifth-rounder, fined $350,000
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 30, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptm2yzflotg0yja3mmfiyjcymda5zjcyodiwotm4mmrj-e1425401390983.jpeg
Getty Images

A lot of the chatter around the Scouting Combine was that the Falcons were going to be hit hard for piping in artificial crowd noise.

Either the league successfully scared a bunch of people by their piping in of saber-rattling noises, or a lot of people define “hard” differently.

According to Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com, the Falcons will lose a fifth-round pick in 2016 and be fined $350,000 for their admitted infraction.

I mean, that’s a lot of money to you and me. (I wonder how many fixed cameras $350,000 will buy?)

And to be certain, no team likes losing a pick.

But that’s hardly harsh justice, and hardly commensurate with the kind of hand-wringing folks were doing about it previously.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/30/nfl-suspends-ray-farmer-four-games-for-textgate/

NFL suspends Ray Farmer four games for Textgate
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 30, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptmzzmi4nda4mwmwzji1ogezndvinzi4mjy3ngzlmme5.jpeg
AP

Browns General Manager Ray Farmer will be suspended for the first four games of the 2015 regular season for texting coaches during games, in violation of NFL rules.

Farmer will be permitted to stay in his current capacity through the rest of the offseason, including working the NFL draft and being there when the Browns cut down to their 53-player roster. He will have to stay away from the team for Weeks 1-4 of the regular season.

Word first surfaced that Farmer had violated the texting ban early this offseason, amid a flurry of stories of discontent between the coaching staff and the front office. Farmer had reportedly used text messages to tell coaches which plays to call.

The Browns will also be fined $250,000, but the team will not lose a draft pick. The NFL noted in its statement about the discipline that no other team officials were involved in the illegal texting, and that the team was fully cooperative with the NFL’s investigation into the matter.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Anyone else think it's a little lame that the Coaches involved in these cheating scandals rarely get suspended but players cut a fart and they get suspended all the time?

More coaches are white - therefore no punishment?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just saying. Probably more because they're all buddy buddy with the Commish tbh.
Yeah - hard to say on that but I think in reality, coaches don't commit the same kinds of bonehead off field moves. I do have to wonder how many of the ones they do commit just get swept under the rug. But I think it would be more in line with older players or retired players that become media guys. They are usually a bit wiser and less prone to act impetuously.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Didn't the NFL already say that the ref didn't write down the ball pressures, so there is no actual evidence? i.e., conveniently they can't prove it, so the Super Bowl champs won't be tainted. And of course the ref won't be punished for screwing up either.

- Edit -
Yup.

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2015/...n-didnt-record-patriots-footballs-psi-levels/

The only evidence they should need is not what the pressure was., only that they were within the allowed pressure upper and lower limits...Later they were not..