Texas woman's for sale sign targets neighbor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
8571853_G.jpg

FARMER'S BRANCH, TX (KTVT/CNN) - A "for sale" sign is the talk of one suburban Dallas neighborhood.

The message is just the latest blow in a battle that has been raging for months over barking dogs, surveillance cameras and a $121 fine.

Lisa Price has four dogs and her neighbor isn't a fan of their barking. He has complained to the city repeatedly and installed cameras that point into her yard, but it was a fine levied against her that she says was the final straw.

"All of a sudden we got the ticket in the mail. It's $121," Price said. "He knew we had dogs when he moved in."

Once she got that notice, she posted a notice of her own in her yard declaring her house was for sale because of a "douchebag" neighbor.

"We thought maybe that would help him back off," Price said.

It might have been a stunt, but Price said her house really is for sale "for the right price."

The neighbor in question is out of town, but other residents in the area said the feud was getting out of hand, and her sign is accurate.

"I think the name she called him is appropriate," neighbor Jim Jay said. "It could have been a lot cruder."

Jay isn't alone in believing the attention-grabbing sign was acceptable.

"I laughed. Posted it to Facebook, right?," Dede Son said. "It's on the street across from me. Who knew?"

However, the sign does have it naysayers, like Ann Felton, who thought it was in poor taste. But Felton said she can see where both sides of the argument are coming from.

"It's a little distasteful - it's not what I would put out there," Felton said. "They do not have any dogs and the dogs are driving them crazy. They live in a neighborhood that's full of dogs."

Price has refused to take the sign down.

The city considers it to be a real estate sign and as long it meets city codes, which it does, no action can be taken against Price.

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/29790562/texas-womans-for-sale-sign-targets-neighbor#ixzz3jCitUMEa

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's a good way to sell your house at a good price, wont make people think twice or offer less or anything.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have never really had problems with neighbors....well, one guy I almost pushed over a second story railing....but that was a long time ago.
This is why I want to have 20 acres around me.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I've never had problems with neighbors either, except these Mexicans across the street had the tackiest front lawn. They'd put stupid little ceramic ornaments about, and it was an eyesore. When I'd walk home drunk from my brother's house (lived just down the street), I'd gather all the little ceramic ducklings and line them up in other people's yards.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I've never had problems with neighbors either, except these Mexicans across the street had the tackiest front lawn. They'd put stupid little ceramic ornaments about, and it was an eyesore. When I'd walk home drunk from my brother's house (lived just down the street), I'd gather all the little ceramic ducklings and line them up in other people's yards.

Rynie your neighbors are from Ecuador, not Mexico

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
My ex neighbor did not do a thing to upgrade his house the 30 plus years I lived there! We used to talk about putting a sign in their yard stating the house is for sale by:sneaky: neighbors!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The city considers it to be a real estate sign and as long it meets city codes, which it does, no action can be taken against Price.
Looks like the New Moral Order police of America have some work to do.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Had some real A-holes behind me as neighbors one time. They kept calling the cops on my dog and writing us letters. But my dog was a 13 year old Lab that never barked. The dog across the street on the other hand, barked constantly. I tried to reason with the neighbors behind me and they started bringing up my use of power tools (remodeling my house) and my neighbor's kid's music from his car every time he came home, that our fireplace smelled bad when I would - god forbid - have a fire in it.

The cops came out one day and finally cited the neighbors across the street and then came by to complain about the whiney bitches behind us. They told us to make more noise and maybe they'd finally leave and we'd all be happier.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Looks like the New Moral Order police of America have some work to do.
They'd have to re-write the 1st Amendment. Otherwise I'm sure they would have ordered her to take it down.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have to admit; I go no patience for barking dogs. If my Neighbor couldn't control theirs I'd have an issue.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to admit; I go no patience for barking dogs. If my Neighbor couldn't control theirs I'd have an issue.
Yeah - don't get me wrong. Me either. I don't know what these neighbors are like and I certainly had my issues with the neighbor's dog across the street - actually with them as they would chain to the side of their house on about 4 feet of chain. I wanted to throttle those cruel bastards. That dog never had a chance to be good.