Texans' Jadeveon Clowney undergoes hernia surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Texans' Jadeveon Clowney undergoes hernia surgery
By Marc Sessler/Around the League Writer

The first overall pick in last month's draft has gone under the knife.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien announced at a news conference Friday that rookie pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney recently underwent sports hernia surgery.

O'Brien revealed that Clowney had been dealing with a nagging groin injury. The rookie recently traveled to Philadelphia, where doctors pointed to surgery as the best option for a complete recovery.

The former South Carolina defensive terror will miss next week's mandatory minicamp, but O'Brien expects Clowney to return for the start of training camp in late July.

Hernia operations can be tricky, but there's little reason to question the coach's timeline. Barring a setback, Houston's sack-master-in-waiting will be ready to rumble by the time the pads go on.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Once he recovers from the hernia surgery he'll develop a sudden nagging hammy, then after that heals he'll suffer a bruised something.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Clowney's season goal unveiled....
smoke_weed_everyday_by_Club_Marijuana.jpg

For the pain of course :sneaky:

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
That's why I'm a Donald over Clowney fan. Guess you already knew that. Donald is thick and quick between the ears. Clowney is quick and thick between the ears. Big difference! Oh, Donald is extremely quick everywhere else also!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That's why I'm a Donald over Clowney fan. Guess you already knew that. Donald is thick and quick between the ears. Clowney is quick and thick between the ears. Big difference! Oh, Donald is extremely quick everywhere else also!
Yep. A fuck i did not give when we didn't get Clowney.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clowney had groin pull at Pro Day
Posted by Mike Florio on June 13, 2014

clowney.jpg
Getty Images

So how long has Texans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney been dealing with a hernia? Possibly for a while.

As pointed out at the time by Josh Kendall of the State, Clowney had a “slight groin pull” at his Pro Day workout in April.

Still, coach Bill O’Brien suggested that the hernia arose only recently. Which makes sense, because the Texans have no reason to suggest that they knew or should have known about the injury when making him the first overall pick in the draft.

“I don’t think it was too long,” O’Brien told reporters on Friday regarding the duration of the condition. “I think it wasn’t too long, but again you know, we looked at it as let’s take care of it now and he will be ready to go for training camp. We’re looking forward to seeing him in training camp.”

There’s no reason as this point to expect that he won’t be ready for camp, but complications can happen after otherwise routine hernia surgery.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Maybe I'm juvenile, and I know what it means... but the term "groin pull" still makes the 12 year old in me snicker.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Maybe Houston needs to hire the Raiders Drs.

I'd say there went DROY chances for Jade

69superbowl

Rookie
He's lucky he's not a Ram. If he were, the groin pull would lead to botched surgery, infection, funny shoes, tight pants, a limp, depression, tennis balls against bedroom walls, pouting, hazing, extreme depression and being cut a brief four years later. Don't need him anyway. Go Rams.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wonder if they knew he needed the surgery before they drafted him