Terrell Owens thinks Tony Romo's best days are behind him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Jack Gruber/USA TODAY Sports

Former Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens was once Tony Romo’s biggest cheerleader in Dallas, but following the franchise quarterback’s season-ending back surgery, Owens says Romo may never be the same. Speaking with the NFL Network, Owens concluded that Romo’s injuries may prevent him from making a full recovery.

Via the Dallas Morning News:

“I think if you’re looking at this situation, two back surgeries in two years, I don’t think we should expect any Peyton Manning magic from him.”

T.O. doesn’t think the Cowboys should be hopeless, though, heading into a do-or-die game against the Eagles Sunday night. According to Owens, Kyle Orton may be an upgrade in late-game situations.

“My thing with Romo is he’s been inconsistent late in ball games. I think going into a situation like this, you don’t have him, No. 1. But you give yourself, I feel like, a better chance. The thing is, with Tony Romo, you kind of already know what to expect. Late in the game, it’s a toss up. You just read off the mind blowing stats. If you look at what Kyle Orton has done, he’s done more with less…. If you look at the situation, if it shakes out and it’s a shootout, late in the game everybody is expecting Tony Romo to throw some interceptions.”

Owens has come a long way from his infamous emotional breakdown defending Romo in a press conference.​