Terrance Ganaway feature on NFL A.M.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hear Rams RB Terrance Ganaway's amazing story of overcoming a life threatening injury to play football,
plus why he works at Jimmy John's sandwich shop.

[nfl]0ap2000000157711[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000157711/NFL-running-back-works-at-Jimmy-John-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap200 ... mmy-John-s</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is a MUST watch.

Kudos to Ganaway. I'm rooting for the guy. He's going to get his chance here in STL.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Awesome video. Ganaway truly is a role model and definitely someone to cheer for. I hope he does well with us.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
Awesome video. Ganaway truly is a role model and definitely someone to cheer for. I hope he does well with us.

An Amazing story! I really hope Ganaway has a great career with the Rams!

A55VA6

Legend
Just because of the great person he is, I hope he earns a roster spot and gets a chance to play.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm a BIG fan of the 3 guys on our roster, I think Ganaway was brought in last year as an SJ23 replacement (the hard hitting crash ball back). He's a great athlete, and seems to have fought hard to get where he is, love how grounded he is - and it's a wonderful change to NOT hear of a DUI, or a beaten girlfriend with regards to an NFL player.

C'mon Terrance, work yourself onto the roster...

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Great story and seems like a great person. However, I don't think that should be enough to earn him a spot on a NFL roster. I'm not sold on the guy from a player stand point.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Afro Ram said:
Great story and seems like a great person. However, I don't think that should be enough to earn him a spot on a NFL roster. I'm not sold on the guy from a player stand point.
I totally agree that it's a great story and he seems like a great kid. I hope he can play well, because I'd love to see a guy like that on a team I root for. I just haven't seen him play, really at all, so I don't know much about him as a player.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Two things 1) I got to see him play quite a bit while he was at BU, because they were on TV a lot while RGIII was there. I loved what I saw from him. Explosion, power, ability to hit the home run, catch the ball out of the backfield. and 2) The Rams kept him on the 53 man roster almost all season, even though he rarely saw the field. There is a reason for that. They were protecting him from being scalped by another team.

He fits the "power back" role for us extremely well. Honest, hard worker .. motivated. He will get his chance, and I truly believe he will pleasantly surprise.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ReddingRam said:
The Rams kept him on the 53 man roster almost all season, even though he rarely saw the field. There is a reason for that. They were protecting him from being scalped by another team.
Good point.

bluecoconuts

Legend
ReddingRam said:
Two things 1) I got to see him play quite a bit while he was at BU, because they were on TV a lot while RGIII was there. I loved what I saw from him. Explosion, power, ability to hit the home run, catch the ball out of the backfield. and 2) The Rams kept him on the 53 man roster almost all season, even though he rarely saw the field. There is a reason for that. They were protecting him from being scalped by another team.

He fits the "power back" role for us extremely well. Honest, hard worker .. motivated. He will get his chance, and I truly believe he will pleasantly surprise.

That's how I feel it... The Rams lost Jackson, and that's a big big big hole to fill... But they snatched up Pead, Richardson, and Ganaway for a reason. I think they're at least going to run with them for a season before drafting someone else, especially high. That's why I don't think we see a RB in the first four rounds.

Name
Piter
Hello I'm from Brazil and I have a blog here in Portuguese is called "Rams Brazil," I went to Ramsondemand today and really enjoyed it.
My first doubt is really about Ganaway, he may not have any experience in the NFL, but I really want to see him have opportunities dividing carries with Richardson and Pead is a good player and talent, and with the open position holder RB think he deserves an opportunity.
It's a power back (remember your way Greene Show) ... is the ideal complement to Richardson and Pead, forming a set of RBs that has potential to be pretty solid.

Doubts / Speculations:

Does that big RB Fisher was saying was referring to Ganaway?

We may fail to take a RB in the Draft by now have 3 RBs of different styles that complement each other?

If the Rams this without FB, his plan is to fill the vacancy with Ganaway or'll play with 2 TEs Kendricks and Cook with Ganaway in pass protection and running through the middle and Richardson and Pead ran Off Tackle '.

ps: sorry my english, I'm still studying, with it still helps to ask google translator.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Piter Damacino said:
Hello I'm from Brazil and I have a blog here in Portuguese is called "Rams Brazil," I went to Ramsondemand today and really enjoyed it.
My first doubt is really about Ganaway, he may not have any experience in the NFL, but I really want to see him have opportunities dividing carries with Richardson and Pead is a good player and talent, and with the open position holder RB think he deserves an opportunity.
It's a power back (remember your way Greene Show) ... is the ideal complement to Richardson and Pead, forming a set of RBs that has potential to be pretty solid.

Doubts / Speculations:

We may fail to take a RB in the Draft by now have 3 RBs of different styles that complement each other?

If the Rams this without FB, his plan is to fill the vacancy with Ganaway or'll play with 2 TEs Kendricks and Cook with Ganaway in pass protection and running through the middle and Richardson and Pead ran Off Tackle '.

ps: sorry my english, I'm still studying, with it still helps to ask google translator.
Welcome to the board Piter.

Yes, I think Ganaway will be the "big back" with Richardson as the change-of-pace, but I also think that Pead will be the feature back. I don't know why I think that. I just do. I also expect Schottenheimer to use Kendricks (still) as the joker TE with Cook in the slot AND as the in-line TE. I'm sure there will be plenty of motion again this year and there should be plenty of personnel now that should give him even more flexibility.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Piter Damacino said:

Doubts / Speculations:

Welcome to the forum! Pretty good English, you'll have it perfected in no time!

I agree about Ganaway though, I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't take a RB, at least not one early. I think the staff will want to give him a look, and they should in my opinion. You can't really replace Jackson, but with 3 running backs and a better passing game, we should be fine.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Piter Damacino said:

Doubts / Speculations:

Welcome to the board!

I agree your thoughts on Ganaway...it's difficult to go into a season with one major component of your offense not having much experience, but if we don't draft another running back, I will trust Fisher's and Snead's take on the situation.

Also, how did you become a Rams fan? How long have you been a Rams fan? Are there many American Football fans in Brazil?

nighttrain

Legend
shaunpinney said:
I'm a BIG fan of the 3 guys on our roster, I think Ganaway was brought in last year as an SJ23 replacement (the hard hitting crash ball back). He's a great athlete, and seems to have fought hard to get where he is, love how grounded he is - and it's a wonderful change to NOT hear of a DUI, or a beaten girlfriend with regards to an NFL player.

C'mon Terrance, work yourself onto the roster...
from watching films he seems a lot faster than SJ, maybe faster down hill than SJ ever was..Juat sayin, as this could figure in to why MGT didnt put a bull rush on keeping SJ..Very grounded person, our young RB
train

Name
Piter
brokeu91 said:
Piter Damacino said:

Doubts / Speculations:

Welcome to the board!

I agree your thoughts on Ganaway...it's difficult to go into a season with one major component of your offense not having much experience, but if we don't draft another running back, I will trust Fisher's and Snead's take on the situation.

Also, how did you become a Rams fan? How long have you been a Rams fan? Are there many American Football fans in Brazil?

Thanks for the reception

I'm a fan since 2010 and still want assisitir a game the Rams live on stage should be very exciting.

I am running Back here in Brazil we are still amateurs in the sport, but is growing each year.

Here has many NFL fan, rooting for teams that have more exposure in the media, the Rams are a few I have cataloged about 25, but I think it should have more of the former just not figured out yet but I am looking ... rsrsrsrs

I really want to interact with the fans of the Rams there to have more information and disseminate our beloved team here ....

My story in this abridged text of my blog which is in Portuguese, I'll translate for you:

<a class="postlink" href="http://ramsbrasil.wordpress.com/piter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ramsbrasil.wordpress.com/piter/</a>

And then my friend all good?

Piter Damacino am and had the idea to create this blog in order to pass information from my team in the NFL St. Louis Rams in a relaxed manner by Brazilian way of being, extra field news, tactical, trivia, player, background, opinions, all with the critical eye of a fanatic supporter and I am sincere, the focus is spreading the Rams by Brazil and make our little crowd here grow.

Good rooting for this team, and I say it was love at first sight, even though the plug has only fallen afterwards and I still looked for other teams, but the heart beat stronger and did not like running, when I had taken the passion by Rams ... Its history and charisma Team fascinated me even more after searching a bit more to find some "quirks" and the most famous is that the Rams have a team from 1999 to 2001 that is called "The Greatest Show on Turf "translating into popular parlance" The greatest show The Pitch "!

I follow the NFL has a short time, the first game I saw was the complete SuperBowl XLIII Steelers won that in 2009 the Cardinals back and forth did not stop, I'm addicted to Fantasy, I see all the games of the week goes on TV and some on the internet, I'm sailing all the time searching on American Football, like Draft and still want to follow the NCAA and pick a team.

I do not know much, but I'll do my best to post whenever something relevant team, count on you to praise, complain, criticize, whatever to improve the blog.

I count on the help of all.

Embrace and welcome!!

Piter Damacino

I have 3 more friends who write the blog couple who are also fans, but I am the most fanatic ...

you know anything about the FB position? 'll play without? we seek a UDFA in? Ganaway or be our FB?

hug everyone