Ten summertime trade candidates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
IMO, Moore > Britt, too. However, for a team that plans to run the football, Britt's size/blocking is a better fit.

Didn't think about that. But Denarius Moore run blocking > Kenny Britt b/c he would actually make the team lol.

Denarius, Tavon, Stedman, Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks.

That's a great group of players with different skill sets.

Austin Pettis would be the odd man out.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Didn't think about that. But Denarius Moore run blocking > Kenny Britt b/c he would actually make the team lol.

Denarius, Tavon, Stedman, Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks.

Which would be a HUGE mistake, IMO.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I want Demoff to sprinkle some magic salary cap dust on this roster and somehow swing a deal to bring in Andre Johnson. There usually aren't many older players that i like to bring on board during a rebuilding project...but we're heading into Fisher's third season, and while the youth at WR still needs some seasoning, adding a veteran like AJ would instantly make a guy like Tavon Austin a superstar...not to mention his ability to open things up for Sam.

Ok ok...back down to Earth. Come on Quick(or Britt). We're counting on you!

Man, those pixies are hard to come by.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My only real interests in this article is in ......

4. Michael Roos, OT, Titans: When the Titans surprisingly selected Taylor Lewan at No. 11 overall, speculation immediately surfaced that Roos would hit the trading block. Roos, 31, is set to earn over $6 million in the final year of a six-year, $43 million deal as the anchor of Tennessee's offensive line. Much like the Flowers situation, his salary is an obstacle to a trade.

This OT has played both ORT & OLT for Fisher. he routinely ranked year after year around 10 to 15 OLT. If The Titans want to trade or release Roos. Fisher having full knowledge of this OT and his durability throughout his 9 NFL seasons add to the fact the Rams have had their starting OT's go down to injury & miss large chunks of games or IR'd SEVEN times the last two seasons. Fisher presently does not have a swing OT without yanking a starting OG! I say the Rams will need Roos services this season many time if things go the usual way here in Stlouis with OL injuries.

If you say we can not afford Roos ......If the 3 centers outside Wells .....Tim Barnes, Barrett Jones & the newly drafted center Demetrius Rhaney can take over the center post duties ....then the releasing of Wells can produce around 4.5 million instantly. The other 1.5 million should be possible thru restructuring some of the Ram big money players. Here the key for this consideration .....Having a well established OT Roos on board would permit Rodger Saffold & Greg Robinson to remain as our massive OG duo.

Last cap recap I saw had us with enough to sign our rookies AND have a couple mil to sign a vet FA - without factoring in the Finnegan money we are scheduled to get back toward the cap. Seems to me that if we did end up cutting Wells in this scenario, we would have the $ to sign Roos.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My only real interests in this article is in ......

4. Michael Roos, OT, Titans: When the Titans surprisingly selected Taylor Lewan at No. 11 overall, speculation immediately surfaced that Roos would hit the trading block. Roos, 31, is set to earn over $6 million in the final year of a six-year, $43 million deal as the anchor of Tennessee's offensive line. Much like the Flowers situation, his salary is an obstacle to a trade.

This OT has played both ORT & OLT for Fisher. he routinely ranked year after year around 10 to 15 OLT. If The Titans want to trade or release Roos. Fisher having full knowledge of this OT and his durability throughout his 9 NFL seasons add to the fact the Rams have had their starting OT's go down to injury & miss large chunks of games or IR'd SEVEN times the last two seasons. Fisher presently does not have a swing OT without yanking a starting OG! I say the Rams will need Roos services this season many time if things go the usual way here in Stlouis with OL injuries.

If you say we can not afford Roos ......If the 3 centers outside Wells .....Tim Barnes, Barrett Jones & the newly drafted center Demetrius Rhaney can take over the center post duties ....then the releasing of Wells can produce around 4.5 million instantly. The other 1.5 million should be possible thru restructuring some of the Ram big money players. Here the key for this consideration .....Having a well established OT Roos on board would permit Rodger Saffold & Greg Robinson to remain as our massive OG duo.

One might argue Roos > Wells on this roster.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMO, there's no chance the Titans move Roos. But, even if they wanted to, I'd say the team can't afford Roos due to the compensation that would be necessary to acquire his services. Even though he'll be 32 this year, I'd bet the Titans would still want a 1st rounder for him.

That would be a ridiculous request. A first rounder for a 31 year old OT? Marshall only brought a second round pick. I bet Roos would net a 4th in a trade. There aren't many teams starving for an OLTright now, not enough to give up a top pick for one.

Now if he were released, wouldn't the teams with the worse records have first dibs on him? Or would he be a true free agent? The NFL awards waived players to teams. Or isnt a waiver the same as a release?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I wouldn't replace Pettis with Moore, but I would replace Pettis with andre johnson.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Moore isn't very physical. And I don't recall Bruce effectively blocking LBs like Britt and Quick can.

Actually I could see the Rams lining up with Britt & Quick to pound the football and utilize the play action. IMO they need to empower Quick right from the outset and it's time to sink or swim no more coddling!

Memphis Ram

Legend
That would be a ridiculous request. A first rounder for a 31 year old OT? Marshall only brought a second round pick. I bet Roos would net a 4th in a trade. There aren't many teams starving for an OLTright now, not enough to give up a top pick for one.

Now if he were released, wouldn't the teams with the worse records have first dibs on him? Or would he be a true free agent? The NFL awards waived players to teams. Or isnt a waiver the same as a release?

There's no contract, character, or injury issues. The Titans still have a buttload of cap space. And the guy plays a difficult to fill position at a high level. He'd be an upgrade over many listed starters around the league. One might consider it a ridiculous request, but it's ridiculous for the Titans to move him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Is Moore's blocking bad? I remember Bruce being a great blocker and he was the same size if not smaller than Moore.

Bruce, IMO, viewed blocking as a way to pay back DB's for hits they put on him during the game. Seems like sometimes the chain crew guys would be trotting out to measure and Ike would still be blocking LOL. He seemed to enjoy getting a whack in anytime he could.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Marshall only brought a second round pick.
This usually comes up when any trade is pondered, and it needs to be mentioned that this is not normal compensation for a pick like Marshall.

Unfortunately, he was regarded as a complete and total diva over in Indy, and fortunately for us, he grew up once he came here. But that definitely drove his value down.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wouldn't replace Pettis with Moore, but I would replace Pettis with andre johnson.

Wow really? Denarius has produced since day 1 as a 5th round pick, and a lot more than Austin Pettis has since he's been in the league.

I don't have any personal against Austin Pettis, but I feel if a better WR is available, he should be considered to replace him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This usually comes up when any trade is pondered, and it needs to be mentioned that this is not normal compensation for a pick like Marshall.

Unfortunately, he was regarded as a complete and total diva over in Indy, and fortunately for us, he grew up once he came here. But that definitely drove his value down.

Still a 31 year old OLT like Roos? It would take 3 players like him to equal the value of Faulk...and I am being generous.

I think Aeneas Williams was traded for a second rounder too. Or was that Kyle Turley?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Still a 31 year old OLT like Roos? It would take 3 players like him to equal the value of Faulk...and I am being generous.

I think Aeneas Williams was traded for a second rounder too. Or was that Kyle Turley?
Oh, I agree that if you're trading a 1st rounder for someone, he needs to be young and full of potential. I don't know if you trade a 1st rounder for ANYONE past 30. Just saying the Marshall Faulk example really doesn't make a good comparison.

I think Aeneas was a free agency pickup. I know we traded a 2nd rounder for Turley... and that looked like a good deal in the first year.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Not only that, but I read that the Dolphins actually offered the Colts a 1st round pick for his services. The Colts turned them down in to get him out of the AFC.