Ten Rams and Draft beliefs/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Ten Rams and draft beliefs
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/8177/ten-rams-and-draft-beliefs

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- We're here, we're finally here. It's the first day of the NFL draft and we can finally toss aside the rumors and sift through the smoke as teams draft real, live football players.

With that in mind, here are some things I believe will happen in the next few days. Some are directly related to the St. Louis Rams, some are draft focused.

-- I believe South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney will end up as the No. 1 pick, whether it's to the Houston Texans or a team trading up to get him.

-- I believe these players will go in the top 12 picks before the Rams come on the clock at No. 13 (no order): Clowney, Greg Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Jake Matthews, Khalil Mack, Taylor Lewan, Mike Evans, Aaron Donald, Zack Martin, Johnny Manziel.

-- I believe that leaves two spots for wild cards to go in there somewhere. Candidates for those two spots would include Eric Ebron, Blake Bortles, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard, Anthony Barr, Odell Beckham Jr. and C.J. Mosley.

-- I believe the Rams' ideal scenario for their early pick is to trade down and land Matthews.

-- I believe the Rams won't use a first-round pick on a safety unless they trade down from No. 13.

-- I believe it would be a mistake for the Rams to trade down any lower than No. 7 and a bigger mistake if they moved that far for a package that didn't include more than a second-round pick.

-- I believe at least four quarterbacks will go in the first round with a lot of trade activity near the end of the round with teams trying to move back in to get their guy. Georgia's Aaron Murray won't be one of those guys most likely but I do believe he could go as high as the second round.

-- I believe the Rams will draft a quarterback, most likely in Round but possibly as early as the second.

-- I believe the Rams will draft a wide receiver with one of their 12 picks but if they don't land Watkins or Evans, they'll wait until the later rounds to do it.

-- I believe Mosley is a potential surprise choice for the Rams should he fall to No. 13.