Ten prospects that could fall out of the first round of the draft and into the Rams lap

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which player out of these ten would you take at 37?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Ten prospects that could fall out of the first round of the draft and into the Rams lap
227364_d4094d9f3af9457cbe8902582377b651~mv2.webp

https://www.downtownrams.com/single...irst-round-of-the-draft-and-into-the-Rams-lap

The NFL Draft is approaching and the Los Angeles Rams will not have a pick on the first night. So why should you care about the first night? Perhaps we are in for some moving and shaking up in the draft. With that being said here are ten players that could be the most likely candidates to fall out of the first round and possibly into an L.A. Rams jersey.

Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
227364_c1431d4f99864c38b8ed7e17a85b3e42~mv2_d_3470_2240_s_2.webp

It's amazing how much the draft will shift during the off-season. Here is a player that many had going in the top 15 of the NFL draft back in January. Now, he could fall into the second round? Seems crazy but it's how the NFL draft works. If a player like Patrick Mahomes joins the media's top three QB's (Watson, Trubisky and Kizer) in the first round then expect a player to be pushed down into the second round. The Rams would surely love to swipe a CB like Humphrey especially with the question mark in the form of Trumaine Johnson whether he will remain a Ram or not and the lack of depth outside of him and newly signed Kayvon Webster.

Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida
227364_15e22856415c4ef4ac6eb1027495755c~mv2.webp

If there is anyone I would jump on in the second round faster than anyone else, it's Jalen Tabor. He's my No.1 overall corner in this draft he brings size, physicality and the ability to literally break games. Tabor, Johnson and Webster would make for an extraordinary secondary that the Rams haven't had. Tabor ran really well at the combine and looked smooth in all of his drills but the nature of the NFL draft is someone like this could always fall down the board. May not seem likely but with how deep this draft is at the CB position teams may opt to wait on one.

Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
227364_fa2e8c3781d949f496a889a624e360c2~mv2.webp

Perhaps not the biggest need now after the Rams free agency but Zach Cunningham is a great player that could play inside for the Rams. Right now Alec Ogletree and Mark Barron are penciled in for the inside backer spots but Barron is arguably not a great fit in this new defense. Cunningham is bigger and is more of a linebacker than Barron is. Cunningham is really lean which will scare teams off so that is why I believe he could fall into the second round.

Obi Melifonwu, S, UConn
227364_db38a9e438ec4843b317ce682c013f5e~mv2_d_3000_2075_s_2.webp

He's a first rounder in my book but there are still teams that don't believe he's an automatic first rounder. Obi Melifonwu has the crazy size and speed you would die for at safety but his issue is the fact he doesn't play with the same speed he shows and he is a little too passive at times. If you watch his tape his play doesn't match up how it should match up. Melifonwu obviously has clear talent and a high ceiling but there are better players out there that can contribute right away and that's why he could fall into the second round.

Dan Feeney, G, Indiana
227364_913e8a584f0b4608bc12a6231f3bc00b~mv2.webp

Here is a player that is a true "plug-in-play". Dan Feeney can come in right away and provide his mean streak and give your offensive line a nastiness about them. He's a high-quality starter at the next level no doubt, but he could fall into the second because he is a guard. Feeney is projected to be a late first round which could land him at the top of the second. The Rams don't have a need at guard like they do at center but Feeney might be too good to pass up.

Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
227364_dd018771fc0a45178342853f8dbf2f26~mv2_d_3483_2571_s_4_2.webp

The Rams obviously have a question mark at LT not now, but the future. With Andrew Whitworth coming in and immediately being able to fill the hole at LT, for now, there is still a giant void in the Rams future plans. Whitworth is 35 and not getting any younger. The Rams do have Greg Robinson who they drafted No.2 overall but he hasn't looked good at all and might not be able to play left tackle in the NFL. Cam Robinson might be the best left tackle in this draft and he also may fall because of his off-the-field concerns. If he's there in the second round it will give the Rams something to consider.

T.J. Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin
227364_a55b6d06e6f046f08eb059ae566d3efe~mv2_d_2937_2281_s_2.webp

T.J. Watt isn't just benefiting from his brother's last name. Let's get one thing straight, T.J. Watt is a good football player that could be like Clay Mathews at the next level. I personally like Watt as an inside linebacker like how the Packers used Mathews. I believe if the Rams are not sold on Barron, Watt could be the pick and he could be the inside backer next to Ogletree. It is likely he will get picked in the second but he could also sneak into the first.

Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
227364_45ea7d75b577416baa7ce78c7f418ccf~mv2.webp

Brantley coming into the combine was mocked to go as high as top 15. Now his stock has cooled off a bit and there is a chance he falls into the second round. Brantley has been compared to Aaron Donald with the short area burst he has (obviously not a freakish athlete) and if he was the there in the second round it would give the Rams something to think about. This is a guy who can start at defensive end if the Rams don't believe in Dominique Easley so that would decide a lot.

Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
227364_7eef2f4ff3624244ad28e8ed21fe0e1b~mv2_d_2970_2184_s_2.webp

Another defensive lineman who was dubbed as the Spartans' one man army. Malik McDowell is falling down draft boards but I can't give you slightest idea as to why. He is clearly a top notch athlete with the potential to blow up in the NFL. He's a lot like DeForest Buckner of the San Francisco 49ers who went seventh overall last year. So why is McDowell a late first/early second round? Who cares, if he's there when the Rams pick they may have to take him.

Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
227364_b89d161955904648bde812d9bf283a5e~mv2.webp

The last player but not least that could fall into the Rams lap is Quincy Wilson. Another Florida cornerback who is falling down boards after being considered the top CB before all the pre-draft workouts. Wilson is another physical play-maker that will make a living in the NFL as a press man cover guy. Wilson was going high as No.10 overall in mock drafts but now he is falling into the second round according to draft experts around. I think the Florida CB duo is a better duo than the Ohio State one but if the rest of the NFL doesn't think so then the Rams could have a tough decision to make at 37th overall deciding between Wilson and Tabor.

Thoughts? Sound off below and tell us who you think could fall into the Rams lap in the second round.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
227364_d4094d9f3af9457cbe8902582377b651~mv2.webp

https://www.downtownrams.com/single...irst-round-of-the-draft-and-into-the-Rams-lap

The NFL Draft is approaching and the Los Angeles Rams will not have a pick on the first night. So why should you care about the first night? Perhaps we are in for some moving and shaking up in the draft. With that being said here are ten players that could be the most likely candidates to fall out of the first round and possibly into an L.A. Rams jersey.

Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
227364_c1431d4f99864c38b8ed7e17a85b3e42~mv2_d_3470_2240_s_2.webp

It's amazing how much the draft will shift during the off-season. Here is a player that many had going in the top 15 of the NFL draft back in January. Now, he could fall into the second round? Seems crazy but it's how the NFL draft works. If a player like Patrick Mahomes joins the media's top three QB's (Watson, Trubisky and Kizer) in the first round then expect a player to be pushed down into the second round. The Rams would surely love to swipe a CB like Humphrey especially with the question mark in the form of Trumaine Johnson whether he will remain a Ram or not and the lack of depth outside of him and newly signed Kayvon Webster.

Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida
227364_15e22856415c4ef4ac6eb1027495755c~mv2.webp

If there is anyone I would jump on in the second round faster than anyone else, it's Jalen Tabor. He's my No.1 overall corner in this draft he brings size, physicality and the ability to literally break games. Tabor, Johnson and Webster would make for an extraordinary secondary that the Rams haven't had. Tabor ran really well at the combine and looked smooth in all of his drills but the nature of the NFL draft is someone like this could always fall down the board. May not seem likely but with how deep this draft is at the CB position teams may opt to wait on one.

Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
227364_fa2e8c3781d949f496a889a624e360c2~mv2.webp

Perhaps not the biggest need now after the Rams free agency but Zach Cunningham is a great player that could play inside for the Rams. Right now Alec Ogletree and Mark Barron are penciled in for the inside backer spots but Barron is arguably not a great fit in this new defense. Cunningham is bigger and is more of a linebacker than Barron is. Cunningham is really lean which will scare teams off so that is why I believe he could fall into the second round.

Obi Melifonwu, S, UConn
227364_db38a9e438ec4843b317ce682c013f5e~mv2_d_3000_2075_s_2.webp

He's a first rounder in my book but there are still teams that don't believe he's an automatic first rounder. Obi Melifonwu has the crazy size and speed you would die for at safety but his issue is the fact he doesn't play with the same speed he shows and he is a little too passive at times. If you watch his tape his play doesn't match up how it should match up. Melifonwu obviously has clear talent and a high ceiling but there are better players out there that can contribute right away and that's why he could fall into the second round.

Dan Feeney, G, Indiana
227364_913e8a584f0b4608bc12a6231f3bc00b~mv2.webp

Here is a player that is a true "plug-in-play". Dan Feeney can come in right away and provide his mean streak and give your offensive line a nastiness about them. He's a high-quality starter at the next level no doubt, but he could fall into the second because he is a guard. Feeney is projected to be a late first round which could land him at the top of the second. The Rams don't have a need at guard like they do at center but Feeney might be too good to pass up.

Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
227364_dd018771fc0a45178342853f8dbf2f26~mv2_d_3483_2571_s_4_2.webp

The Rams obviously have a question mark at LT not now, but the future. With Andrew Whitworth coming in and immediately being able to fill the hole at LT, for now, there is still a giant void in the Rams future plans. Whitworth is 35 and not getting any younger. The Rams do have Greg Robinson who they drafted No.2 overall but he hasn't looked good at all and might not be able to play left tackle in the NFL. Cam Robinson might be the best left tackle in this draft and he also may fall because of his off-the-field concerns. If he's there in the second round it will give the Rams something to consider.

T.J. Watt, EDGE, Wisconsin
227364_a55b6d06e6f046f08eb059ae566d3efe~mv2_d_2937_2281_s_2.webp

T.J. Watt isn't just benefiting from his brother's last name. Let's get one thing straight, T.J. Watt is a good football player that could be like Clay Mathews at the next level. I personally like Watt as an inside linebacker like how the Packers used Mathews. I believe if the Rams are not sold on Barron, Watt could be the pick and he could be the inside backer next to Ogletree. It is likely he will get picked in the second but he could also sneak into the first.

Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
227364_45ea7d75b577416baa7ce78c7f418ccf~mv2.webp

Brantley coming into the combine was mocked to go as high as top 15. Now his stock has cooled off a bit and there is a chance he falls into the second round. Brantley has been compared to Aaron Donald with the short area burst he has (obviously not a freakish athlete) and if he was the there in the second round it would give the Rams something to think about. This is a guy who can start at defensive end if the Rams don't believe in Dominique Easley so that would decide a lot.

Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
227364_7eef2f4ff3624244ad28e8ed21fe0e1b~mv2_d_2970_2184_s_2.webp

Another defensive lineman who was dubbed as the Spartans' one man army. Malik McDowell is falling down draft boards but I can't give you slightest idea as to why. He is clearly a top notch athlete with the potential to blow up in the NFL. He's a lot like DeForest Buckner of the San Francisco 49ers who went seventh overall last year. So why is McDowell a late first/early second round? Who cares, if he's there when the Rams pick they may have to take him.

Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
227364_b89d161955904648bde812d9bf283a5e~mv2.webp

The last player but not least that could fall into the Rams lap is Quincy Wilson. Another Florida cornerback who is falling down boards after being considered the top CB before all the pre-draft workouts. Wilson is another physical play-maker that will make a living in the NFL as a press man cover guy. Wilson was going high as No.10 overall in mock drafts but now he is falling into the second round according to draft experts around. I think the Florida CB duo is a better duo than the Ohio State one but if the rest of the NFL doesn't think so then the Rams could have a tough decision to make at 37th overall deciding between Wilson and Tabor.

Thoughts? Sound off below and tell us who you think could fall into the Rams lap in the second round.
There are several But I'll go with TJ Watt! Can't beat Bloodlines!!(y)(y)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It was between Watt and Humphrey for me. I took the corner we desperately will need.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Worth mentioning that Dan Feeney has worked at center before, so he fills the center need as well.

Ants

Starter
I think I'd go with Feeney. The CB's are enticing...but it's a good year for CB's - maybe still get a good one later. I just think Feeney will be a very good player from the get-go, and will certainly fill a need.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think I'd go with Feeney. The CB's are enticing...but it's a good year for CB's - maybe still get a good one later. I just think Feeney will be a very good player from the get-go, and will certainly fill a need.
I buy that. Feeney with his versatility, mean streak and production could fit right in.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Tough call Jake. It came down to, Humphries & Wilson have #1 cb talent. I like Feeny as a center but believe we could get a Toth or JJ Dielman later...I know you guys KNOW, Toth went against Brantley too...dude is a player.
TJ Watt.... Melifonwuk...and Cunningham are "wants"....I want a OLB...I want a FS....and I really WANT to move Barron to SS...but I see other replaceable players later....we NEED a cb...and one that can play. I saw Humphries get eaten alive by Clemson's Williams....anybody that was near him. Can we trust someone to develop him? I would. So that's who I'm taking.

Worth mentioning that Dan Feeney has worked at center before, so he fills the center need as well.
We need a center...I'd like to see Feeney do it for a while first.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tough call Jake. It came down to, Humphries & Wilson have #1 cb talent. I like Feeny as a center but believe we could get a Toth or JJ Dielman later...I know you guys KNOW, Toth went against Brantley too...dude is a player.
TJ Watt.... Melifonwuk...and Cunningham are "wants"....I want a OLB...I want a FS....and I really WANT to move Barron to SS...but I see other replaceable players later....we NEED a cb...and one that can play. I saw Humphries get eaten alive by Clemson's Williams....anybody that was near him. Can we trust someone to develop him? I would. So that's who I'm taking.

We need a center...I'd like to see Feeney do it for a while first.
Hmmm. I dig it!

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Teez Tabor just ran a 4.75 40 at his pro day. His stock is definitely dropping.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Teez Tabor is a talented cornerback. The problem is that he's slow and has serious character issues (he's worse than Janoris Jenkins when it comes to Twitter distractions, and he's been suspended multiple times.)

Give me Watt any day, and especially Sunday.