Tellin ya'all right now...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Love Watkins, but I just cannot imagine the Rams going WR that high. You could have Megatron, Fitz and Jesus at WR and it wouldn't matter if your QB doesn't have the time to get them the ball. OL has to be a priority.

the biggest issue on the line is not Tackle, it's interior. Dahl and whoever rotated at LG were routinely liabilities this year, especially early on. Barksdale and Long kept routinely grading out at high at their tackle spots.. long was also pretty high at LT for the pro bowl prior to acl tear

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
the biggest issue on the line is not Tackle, it's interior. Dahl and whoever rotated at LG were routinely liabilities this year, especially early on. Barksdale and Long kept routinely grading out at high at their tackle spots.. long was also pretty high at LT for the pro bowl prior to acl tear

Morning iced, Happy New Year to you down there in SW FL. I sent you some heavy rain today.

I will agree with you that the OG's with Dahl, Chris Williams & Shelley Smith are far from strong. We saw what a first time starting OG like Saffold really looks like. But Rams will need 3 OT's to field @ start the 2014 season looks like they will be two short! So in my mind I would revise your key statement to say the Rams biggest issue is the OL period.

iced

Morning iced, Happy New Year to you down there in SW FL. I sent you some heavy rain today.

I will agree with you that the OG's with Dahl, Chris Williams & Shelley Smith are far from strong. We saw what a first time starting OG like Saffold really looks like. But Rams will need 3 OT's to field @ start the 2014 season looks like they will be two short! So in my mind I would revise your key statement to say the Rams biggest issue is the OL period.

Thanks man - I've been missing the rain. Happy New years to you too!

I disagree because an ACL Tear for a Lineman is vastly different vs a skill position player or a QB.

If we resign Saffold, which is a big unknown right now, then tackle is not an issue imo. Saffold can man the left side should Jake need more time to recover, but Barksdale is more than capable at RT. I kinda feel like he's getting sold short.

Although if there's one position on this team that I feel confident about getting coached up, it's the o-line. I think we're safe there

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I'll take Mike Evans if we're going WR.

I have a feeling Evans is going to be a guy that skyrockets up the board after the season is over and the heads get to talking. Maybe not top 10 but definitely 1st round.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
T each his own my friend. I would ask you to watch as we go forward as I'll be shocked if anyone thinks Evans has hands close to Watkins, or speed. Some will like his height for sure but that is meaningless in this comparison because Watkins plays every bit as tall, has much better hips, catches everything with his hands and explodes after the catch.

The Rams already have a project like Evens, his name is Quick. But Watkins will be in the rarefied air of NFL wr's in year 1.

Yea...and the Rams already have a project like Watkins, his name is Givens. :meh:

I'm shocked that someone thinks Watkins has better hands. It's just not arguable. I'll just leave this here:

Watkins plays every bit as tall? Oh puhlease.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea...and the Rams already have a project like Watkins, his name is Givens. :meh:

I'm shocked that someone thinks Watkins has better hands. It's just not arguable. I'll just leave this here:

Hey look, you like Evans better thats fine. Lets see who is right as the evaulation goes forward?

I promise you this much, Watkins is ready day 1, Evans will be the project.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey look, you like Evans better thats fine. Lets see who is right as the evaulation goes forward?

I promise you this much, Watkins is ready day 1, Evans will be the project.

In what universe? Certainly not this one.

V3

Hall of Fame

I'm not sure what in that video shows Evans having better hands. Don't get me wrong, I like Evans. I just don't think he has better hands than Watkins. I think Evans is the type of WR we need on this team, though. I don't see Quick ever being that.

iced

I'm not sure what in that video shows Evans having better hands. Don't get me wrong, I like Evans. I just don't think he has better hands than Watkins. I think Evans is the type of WR we need on this team, though. I don't see Quick ever being that.

agreed

jjab360

Legend
I don't have the stats, but I've only ever seen Evans drop one ball, I've seen Watkins drop a ton.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This may be the 1st time ever, but I agree with Jrry here. Evans is a freak. Amazing hands, uses his size terrifically. To say anyone is more NFL ready is crazy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

How? What exactly does Watkins do better than Evans?

What does the video show? Evans catching pass after pass in traffic or with defenders on his back. I can show you Watkins not doing the same.

It's just frustrating. I am more than happy to give players credit where it's due but in my mind, there is no arguing that Evans has better hands, better size and better ability to go up and get the football. Just like there's no arguing that Watkins has better speed, better agility and better YAC skills.

V3

Hall of Fame
How? What exactly does Watkins do better than Evans?

What does the video show? Evans catching pass after pass in traffic or with defenders on his back. I can show you Watkins not doing the same.

It's just frustrating. I am more than happy to give players credit where it's due but in my mind, there is no arguing that Evans has better hands, better size and better ability to go up and get the football. Just like there's no arguing that Watkins has better speed, better agility and better YAC skills.

Obviously there is debating because there's more than just me saying it. You're fine to your opinion. I think there's a difference between catching in traffic and making a catch that's flirting with being outside their radius, one handed, etc. And in all honesty, I really don't care. I like them both. All of this is moot, though, because the Rams won't be taking either one. I'd be STUNNED if they did.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't have the stats, but I've only ever seen Evans drop one ball, I've seen Watkins drop a ton.

According to Second Round Stats, Evans's drop% is 3.5% while Watkins's drop% is 5.7%.(not sure if they have been updated as they were from November)

Other interesting stats? 45.5% of Watkins's catches came on screen passes. 65.2% of his receptions were within 5 yards of the LOS. 9.1% of his catches were 20+ yards down the field.

16.4% of Evans's catches came on screen passes. 38.2% of Evans's catches came within 5 yards of the LOS. 25.5% of his catches were 20+ yards down the field.
http://secondroundstats.com/2013/11/12/wrs2/
http://secondroundstats.com/2013/11/06/2014tier1wr/

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Obviously there is debating because there's more than just me saying it. You're fine to your opinion. I think there's a difference between catching in traffic and making a catch that's flirting with being outside their radius, one handed, etc. And in all honesty, I really don't care. I like them both. All of this is moot, though, because the Rams won't be taking either one. I'd be STUNNED if they did.

Both of which, Evans does better than Watkins...as well as having a lesser drop%. Which is why I'm dumbfounded by people saying Watkins has better hands.

V3

Hall of Fame
Both of which, Evans does better than Watkins...as well as having a lesser drop%. Which is why I'm dumbfounded by people saying Watkins has better hands.

Well, as I originally asked, where were those types of catches in that video? I saw him catch in traffic but I didn't see any one handed catches or way on the edge of his radius, etc. I'm sure there are examples. I just didn't see it in that video. I'm really not even interested in those types of catches from him. The main type of catches I want to see from Evans are the ones in heavy traffic. Quick can't do it and I don't think that's something easily taught. That's why I want Evans. He'll be able to do what Quick can't and won't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, as I originally asked, where were those types of catches in that video? I saw him catch in traffic but I didn't see any one handed catches or way on the edge of his radius, etc. I'm sure there are examples. I just didn't see it in that video. I'm really not even interested in those types of catches from him. The main type of catches I want to see from Evans are the ones in heavy traffic. Quick can't do it and I don't think that's something easily taught. That's why I want Evans. He'll be able to do what Quick can't and won't.

Agreed.

duckhunter

Starter
How do they block? I can remember a lot of discussion about WRs blocking prowess this year. Don't we need more good blocking WRs?

Oh, yeah, none of the guys that you want are potential Rams WRs because you can't add ie to the end of their name. Watkinsie, won't work. Evansie, Won't work. Leeie. Won't work. Is there a wr named Puss coming out?

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's beyond my imagination that you seriously believe Evans has the better hands. Well if the Rams draft Evans I pray you are correct, which I certainly do not believe you are.

This is going to be fun to watch play out in the months leading up to the draft.