Tellin ya'all right now...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

You can take your Mike Evans, your Marquise Lee and ANY other wr in this next draft, I'll take Superman...

Watch the hands catcher he is, the POWER to break tackles, the catch radius of a receiver much taller (though he's all of 6'1" himself!) due to his hops, his run away speed and the "ease" in which he catches the football every, single, time. Heck he runs back kicks and throws the ball too! Sammy Watkins = THE next GREAT NFL WR.

Listen as announcer after announcer talk about how good this guy is. He is a 'must get" for Snisher next May:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Dunno were pretty heavily invested at his position NOW don't know if we'll stay high enough to get him I'm expecting linemen lbs and Db's s considering i doubt Finnegan is back, Long is hurt Saffold is heading for FA

V3

Hall of Fame
He may not be the type of WR I really want(I REALLY want a big, physical WR like Jeffery, Megatron, Marshall, Fitz, etc) but he does seem to play bigger than his size, plays really physical, and has some really good looking hands. The hands might be the most important trait for this team, IMO. I'll be watching more on him, for sure.

But sadly, I don't think the Rams will even consider a WR in the first round.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Dunno were pretty heavily invested at his position NOW don't know if we'll stay high enough to get him I'm expecting linemen lbs and Db's s considering i doubt Finnegan is back, Long is hurt Saffold is heading for FA

I'm leaning the way you are thinking. I don't think we should invest another high first round pick on a WR. Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I'm leaning toward a big time impact defensive player with the first pick. And I think that fits the Jeff Fisher identity best. They could take an OT with the pick at 13-15. There are enough good ones in this draft.

My view is that we build a killer front 7 that just crushes QBs and turns the ball over to Bradford. Then we pound the ball with Stacy and protect Bradford with a strong OL. And it's up to Sam to get production out of Tavon, Bailey, Quick, Givens and Cook. They could add a vet WR if there is one available that fits.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I here ya just fine, but it just falls to the ground without a whimper to my ole Ram Ram ears. Just going on all of Snead & Fishers Ram drafts, where they have used so much of the valued Ram ammo up in this one cadre with Four (a High First, first Second, Third & fourth round) draft picks already invested with time & effort ???? add in with so much known promise latent talent that's Untapped in this unit???? its hard to run off & drill somewhere else & let another strike it rich on a discarded talent!

Looks to me the Rams have the future Ram starters in the Slot fully covered with Tavon Austin & Jared Cook that's an Outstanding duo to work with. The two wide outs with Brian Quick & Stedman Bailey with Givens & Austin Pettis in relief look like a very solid youthful talent quartet for sam to get the ball too in 2014..I sure would let Sam Bradford get his chance on warming up this present receiver cadre & wear off the newness tags of these guys who are covered with dust & underutilized. I would suggest that this 2014 draft would help getting Sam the needed time to throw to these receivers as a much more needed priority.

Rams have finally found a very good solid running game filled with youth & health that is also brand new & not broke in yet either. I would think it very wise to coral what we have & get them (Receivers & Runners) all running smooth & hard before going out & purchasing something that just looks like may not be needed. I have faith in Snead & Fishers past selections none of which come close to being used up or broken! Why do would any Ram fans think that these Snead & Fishers draft receiver selections are not worthy of a full chance?

iced

been on this kids band wagon for awhile..

There is nothing on our team at receiver that resembles anything that this kid can do - and he will be a good receiver in the NFL.

I believe passing on him will be a mistake the Rams would regret in the long term. Looks like a #1 receiver to me - size, speed, hands, route running....

the only play maker we have at receiver is Tavon Austin - Watkins, Tavon, and Bailey sounds like a winning combo, especially with a power running game. Kids like a hybrid of Julio Jones and Percy Harvin..power,size,speed

And with the hands that our receivers have displayed, I wouldn't rule him out

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
The moment I get sold on prospects is when I see film on them and watch them still making highlights against other top prospects. Like Tavon Austin last year didn't matter who he played against Vaccaro, REID, and Dee Millner etc....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am a big advocate of getting Matthews at #2. But if the Rams trade back and lose out on Jake Matthews then Watkins is the guy I would prefer. He is easily the best WR in this draft.

A55VA6

Legend
Sammy Watkins is a compete boss. I'd LOVE to have him in horns. Imagine him with Sted, Tavon, Givens, etc. It'd be nice.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I here ya just fine, but it just falls to the ground without a whimper to my ole Ram Ram ears. Just going on all of Snead & Fishers Ram drafts, where they have used so much of the valued Ram ammo up in this one cadre with Four (a High First, first Second, Third & fourth round) draft picks already invested with time & effort ???? add in with so much known promise latent talent that's Untapped in this unit???? its hard to run off & drill somewhere else & let another strike it rich on a discarded talent!

Looks to me the Rams have the future Ram starters in the Slot fully covered with Tavon Austin & Jared Cook that's an Outstanding duo to work with. The two wide outs with Brian Quick & Stedman Bailey with Givens & Austin Pettis in relief look like a very solid youthful talent quartet for sam to get the ball too in 2014..I sure would let Sam Bradford get his chance on warming up this present receiver cadre & wear off the newness tags of these guys who are covered with dust & underutilized. I would suggest that this 2014 draft would help getting Sam the needed time to throw to these receivers as a much more needed priority.

Rams have finally found a very good solid running game filled with youth & health that is also brand new & not broke in yet either. I would think it very wise to coral what we have & get them (Receivers & Runners) all running smooth & hard before going out & purchasing something that just looks like may not be needed. I have faith in Snead & Fishers past selections none of which come close to being used up or broken! Why do would any Ram fans think that these Snead & Fishers draft receiver selections are not worthy of a full chance?

I agree with everything you posted. But, if he's the best player on the board (after a trade down) when the Rams selection comes up, I hope they take him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IMO a trade down for that guy would still be in the first 5,and I have to think we're gonna go for another package that will reach into the future a year or two

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I agree that we should draft Watkins after a trade down. Watkins, Bailey, Austin should be our starters. Then we should draft an OT with the we acquired in the trade down in the second round.

Last edited by a moderator:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Watkins is a stud and would be a great addition. I do think Taj is much more prone to take chances than our conservative SB is. You need to take more shots to get the most out of a WR of that type.

iced

Watkins is a stud and would be a great addition. I do think Taj is much more prone to take chances than our conservative SB is. You need to take more shots to get the most out of a WR of that type.

actually all we need is a receiver that can consistently win his 1 on 1 match ups. Givens hasn't done it; Pettis surely hasn't; Quick occasionally does but he has catching the ball issues.

Watkins and Austin would kill it in this offense; especially with Zac stacy running the ball. Imagine this: "Oh you wanna drop your 8th safety into the box and leave 1 on 1 coverage? okay - who you wanna cover? Cook, Watkins, Austin, or Bailey?"

Memphis Ram

Legend
The thing that scares me most about a Watkins selection is that the team would probably try to go back toward more of a passing offense and abandon the running game / strong defense gameplan that seems to be working well.