Tell me more about these prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Worth pointing out, that was his first game in his career as a starter. I think the kid has sky high potential. But he needs a lot of work on his lower body mechanics. But he's big with solid mobility, a quick release, and a rocket arm. And he combines those tools with all the instincts in the pocket, intangibles, and mental acuity necessary to be successful in the NFL. He just needs mechanical refinement and time to develop further mentally.

At this point, I would prefer drafting a QB who has polished mechanics, top to bottom. Our track record of drafting unpolished freaks of nature hasn't looked to hot. Hopefully we can snatch Connor Cook as well as Hue Jackson

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great break down. I happen to be a huge fan of treadwell so that's interesting. It was cook who was supposedly not very liked I believe. Also in love with lynch's tools. Is he an immediate start though? Idk. I wouldn't complain with a LT. Goff will be gone.

This is what a person said about Cook on another board:
Yet many folks point out some off-field issues with Cook. He was not named a captain despite being a senior and three-year starter. There have been accusations Cook is “hated” by his teammates and that they wished he had declared for the draft last year.

I have talked with several folks in and around the Spartans program, including two coaches and a player who starts. I’ve also talked to NFL regional scouts who have dug deep on Cook. Just about all of them told me basically the same thing:

Cook is not “one of the boys”. He carries himself with a sense of entitlement that rubs some people the wrong way off the field. He’s not particularly interested in socializing with anyone outside a very small circle.

In the film room, in the locker room and most definitely on the field, Cook has the 100% confidence and support of everyone. He’s a leadership presence who can rally teammates. One scout compared him to Eli Manning in that regard, another very skilled quarterback who just wasn’t into the social trimmings or customs that most college students seek out. One coach said Cook’s teammates respect him much more than they did former Spartan Kirk Cousins, whose outward religiosity and driving perfectionism for everyone around him repelled some teammates.

It’s not insignificant that Cook failed to get elected a team captain. That does matter to the NFL, even if he is a member of the Spartans’ 12-man leadership council. He will rub some the wrong way in interviews too, and probably not care much about doing so. But his very legitimate talent will sell him to some team picking in the top 10.

Can Lynch start immediately? Yes. Would he be better off if you sat him for a year? Yes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point, I would prefer drafting a QB who has polished mechanics, top to bottom. Our track record of drafting unpolished freaks of nature hasn't looked to hot. Hopefully we can snatch Connor Cook as well as Hue Jackson

Cook's mechanics aren't polished top to bottom. More polished than Wentz but he doesn't set his feet often enough, likes to throw off his back-foot, and allows his front shoulder to fly open too early on some throws.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Cook's mechanics aren't polished top to bottom. More polished than Wentz but he doesn't set his feet often enough, likes to throw off his back-foot, and allows his front shoulder to fly open too early on some throws.

Fair enough, it would be nice if we can Gaffe for Goff though. It's looking more likely that he'll be land in Cleveland (lawd have mercy)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In case no other mod has said it, these draft threads are to go into the College Football forum until the NFLregular season ends. We generally put up a draft forum at that time in place of the college forum.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 7m7 minutes ago
Updated Big Board Thursday. Here's a sneak peek at my Top 10 QBs.
CVuiVqnWEAQNTmo.png:large

what do you guys think?

Stel

Starter
I'd but Cook ahead of Hackenberg. Past the first 5, I haven't sorted them out yet.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen him. His throwing motion is atrocious. It's elongated as hell with a ton of wasted motion forcing him to body the ball when he wants to get a lot of zip on it. That doesn't work so well in the NFL when he's not behind Stanford OLs.

And no, he's not particularly impressive as a thrower. Doesn't compare to the top QBs.
you're right. i was blinded by the fact that he was actually completing passes, you know, something not done very well in ram land.

Rainram

Starter
1. Goff
2. Lynch
3. Cook/Wentz (need to see how Wentz does at the Senior Bowl)

Lately, I've got Lynch and Goff flipped.

If I knew that we could develop Lynch well and put a good system around him...I'd give up a lot for him probably.

I think Goff's quickness/feet would make him transition quicker to taking snaps under center and dropping back. I see the strengths and weaknesses in both and like my some Lynch.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Just remember Matt Miller is a lifelong 49ers fan, and all the SF Bay Area bandwagoners have anointed Goff as the 49ers savior. So Miller will continue to mock Goff to the 49ers and rank Goff #1 as long as it appears they are in a position to draft him. This is more because of his fandom than because of any sort of truthful scouting. You'll see in his latest mock "based on current draft order" he has the 49ers and Rams flip-flopped in draft order (#7 & 9) -- that's not just an honest mistake, it's just to be able to write about the 49ers getting Goff to fill his 49er fanbase wishes.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I really like Kevin Hogan from Stanford. I think he would be a great fit for our offense. In my opinion, he is very under-rated.

I see a late round guy in Hogan. Hard to get past his Tebow esque throwing motion. Brutally ugly. And he's not a particularly impressive thrower. Don't really see the appeal of him.

But the big thing for me, is that he had all day in the pocket(only watched the first video), and that won't be the case in the NFL. The combine is gonna be a big deal for this guy.
Some of you guys are rough on these kids...well, young men....Hogan is tough as nails....I see some Steve Young type toughness....Seems limited but very athletic....maybe Shaw's protecting him...I like him...I really hate how every post-season the Pac-12 misses playing the SEC....Stanford & Oregon were playing some great football in December....
Don't know why I can't paste this video......maybe one of the mods can help...
http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/12/14/rsp-boiler-room-no-12-qb-kevin-hogan-stanford/

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Some of you guys are rough on these kids...well, young men....Hogan is tough as nails....I see some Steve Young type toughness....Seems limited but very athletic....maybe Shaw's protecting him...I like him...I really hate how every post-season the Pac-12 misses playing the SEC....Stanford & Oregon were playing some great football in December....
Don't know why I can't paste this video......maybe one of the mods can help...
http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/12/14/rsp-boiler-room-no-12-qb-kevin-hogan-stanford/
Because I said he was under-rated, I'm being too rough?! :thinking: Maybe you should re-read what I originally said about this young man before you include me in the group!

Last edited: