Tell me more about these prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Connor Cook QB- I've seen two common comparisons and that's Alex smith and this year's Andy dalton. Doesn't really do anything special but he plays under center and he wins football games.

Very inconsistent but shows NFL QB traits and when he's on, he's on. Comparisons I'd make are guys like Jay Cutler and Matt Stafford with Eli Manning as his ceiling. 3 year starter in a pro style offense.

Jared Goff QB- I believe his rival coach compared him to Rodgers. I don't see it but he looks like a good QB. Probably going to go high.

Polished, intelligent, and highly accurate. Great pocket presence and movement. Extremely active feet. Arm strength isn't elite but it's more than good enough. Skinny frame. Solid mobility. Will take off when he's given a seam. Poised under pressure. Quick, natural release. I'd compare him to Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan.

Paxton Lynch QB- very intriguing prospect. Decent arm. Huge guy. Great mobility. Competition wasn't great.

Very very talented. More raw mentally and technically than Goff. Might go #1 overall because he's improved throughout his college career, has been productive, is a winner, and is physically talented. Very mobile...like 4.5/4.6 40 mobile. Good arm strength. Good accuracy. Good understanding of the nuances of the position and how to attack coverage. Still developing mentally. I'd compare him to Ryan Tannehill. But has the upside to be much more than that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks NJ.
Sounds good. What type of offense did he run? Was he blessed with consistently clean pockets to navigate from?

Goff runs an Air Raid variant. He was not blessed with clean pockets. Had mediocre to poor protection throughout his career.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very inconsistent but shows NFL QB traits and when he's on, he's on. Comparisons I'd make are guys like Jay Cutler and Matt Stafford with Eli Manning as his ceiling. 3 year starter in a pro style offense.

Polished, intelligent, and highly accurate. Great pocket presence and movement. Extremely active feet. Arm strength isn't elite but it's more than good enough. Skinny frame. Solid mobility. Will take off when he's given a seam. Poised under pressure. Quick, natural release. I'd compare him to Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan.

Very very talented. More raw mentally and technically than Goff. Might go #1 overall because he's improved throughout his college career, has been productive, is a winner, and is physically talented. Very mobile...like 4.5/4.6 40 mobile. Good arm strength. Good accuracy. Good understanding of the nuances of the position and how to attack coverage. Still developing mentally. I'd compare him to Ryan Tannehill. But has the upside to be much more than that.
If you had to pick one...?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's no top definitive prospect like Luck, but there's still guys who I think can be franchise QBs for sure.
Enough for me at this point. Other than the inconsistency of Bradford we haven't had a legit talent at qb since bulger pre battering

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dare I say rg3 for a third or fourth....

RG3 is being cut at the end of the season - trading for him would guarantee a huge salary.

There are old guys who will be available. Mannion may or may not be ready. I'm not overly impressed with the draft class. Some will eventually be okay or better, but the Rams need help now before the defense breaks up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They run a spread no huddle offense. Naturally some are holding that against him. But from what I've seen he's very intelligent and has the arm and pocket awareness to play in an nfl style offense.

His line I'm not so sure on...he definitely faces pressure but even when there's pressure he will make a slight step and extend the pocket...I encourage you to check out some footage on him
I will, thanks. One thing i do look for in every prospect is having that fiery competitiveness. Players who hate to lose. That's important.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Goff is by far my favorite QB with Lynch #2 and Cook a distant 3rd. Like Jrry says Goff needs to strengthen his frame. I would like to see him improve his accuracy although it isn't a concern for me. His Arm strength is very good maybe not elite but more than enough for any system any throw. His deep ball is the best in the business and would be top 3 in the NFL right now IMO, just beautiful. All of this being said none of it matters with our OL,system and receivers.

Edit: He has spent a lot of time in the shotgun also my concerns with accuracy are when he is under pressure. His throwing motion is so natural and sound mechanically for a college player that the additional body mass (strength) he adds should really help his arm strength which again doesn't concern me

Last edited:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
New coaching staff 90% chance Rams grab a QB with first pick. New coach won't put his job on line with the stale leftovers. If he has a connection to a FA QB he might go that way, but doubtful for cap reasons.
Same front office, 50% chance they take one. Either they get blinded by a position player's raw athleticism or trade down 17 times before picking one.
Goff, Cook etc.or whoever would be day one starter and an immediate improvement. None of this QB draft class may ever be elite, but still a huge upgrade.
As far a Mannion, if the Rams thought he was the guy he'd have been getting practice snaps and have been the guy when they benched Foles the first time. Fisher doesn't have a problem playing rookies before they're ready ( GRob) and others.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Goff is by far my favorite QB with Lynch #2 and Cook a distant 3rd. Like Jrry says Goff needs to strengthen his frame. I would like to see him improve his accuracy although it isn't a concern for me. His Arm strength is very good maybe not elite but more than enough for any system any throw. His deep ball is the best in the business and would be top 3 in the NFL right now IMO, just beautiful. All of this being said none of it matters with our OL,system and receivers.

Edit: He has spent a lot of time in the shotgun also my concerns with accuracy are when he is under pressure. His throwing motion is so natural and sound mechanically for a college player that the additional body mass (strength) he adds should really help his arm strength which again doesn't concern me
If he's this good, we ain't getting him. The Browns will draft before us and take a QB. No way will they trade out of that spot if it means a franchise QB which they haven't had since they became a franchise again.

Maybe we can sign Bradford, sigh

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My dream is get Asshole Face and drew Brees this offseason and draft goff and let him learn behind Brees

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How dire a need is the line? I mean havenstein has been decent, brown wasn't horrible, we could probably use a guard or center and it would help to move Robinson inside, but that's the thing about having a young line, right? Hopefully they're just young. I wouldn't cry at all about a LT though
i agree with those who say robinson needs to be a guard. so that means a LT is needed. donnal and havenstein and brown have all been injured already. tim barnes is a serviceable center at best. the line needs better pass protection to give whatever qb is behind them a chance to throw, which creates the opportunity for play action with tavon/todd. where did the vikings game plan go?
anyway, either they must draft a LT, or someone from the ranks steps up and plays well there. (not holding my breath). i'd say draft treadwell since the last couple of first round OL havent exactly set the world on fire.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RG3 is being cut at the end of the season - trading for him would guarantee a huge salary.

There are old guys who will be available. Mannion may or may not be ready. I'm not overly impressed with the draft class. Some will eventually be okay or better, but the Rams need help now before the defense breaks up.
I'd like to see him get a prove it deal

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We ought to be in position to draft one of these, sure makes a 3rd for Mannion a wasted pick, or is he the backup QB?
train

He can be the backup QB. As we know, you always need a good one of those.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Goff runs an Air Raid variant. He was not blessed with clean pockets. Had mediocre to poor protection throughout his career.
Concur. His line sucked, but he still was able to play well, and show elite, pro traits. Needs to put some weight on, but has showed some incredible toughness, and poise. I've seen him throw from different arm positions, but don't know if that is a flaw, or a good thing. Really exceptional feet, and manipulation of the pocket. Decent athlete, who can get some yards with his feet, but that is the last option, he'd rather throw it.

I'd say, slightly above average, arm strength. Gets through his progressions, quickly. I've watched him play 3 games this year, but only focused on him, in one of them.

Athos

Legend
Treadwell is a beast. Any second round qb's worth watching?

Not really. Brisset is interesting, but super raw. Jones is interesting, but also super raw. Not really any worthwhile 2nd round QB talent this year. You either get one in the 1st, or you don't.

Concur. His line sucked, but he still was able to play well, and show elite, pro traits. Needs to put some weight on, but has showed some incredible toughness, and poise. I've seen him throw from different arm positions, but don't know if that is a flaw, or a good thing. Really exceptional feet, and manipulation of the pocket. Decent athlete, who can get some yards with his feet, but that is the last option, he'd rather throw it. I'd say, slightly above average, arm strength. I've watched him play 3 games this year, but only focused on him, in one of them.

Yep. Mariota added weight. Goff should be able to. Sit his ass down and make him eat all day.

I love his anticipation the most. Leads his WRs very well and will throw to open spots rather than putting it right on guys. Has the mobility to not leave yards on the field if there's an open lane to scramble.

Stel

Starter
We ought to be in position to draft one of these, sure makes a 3rd for Mannion a wasted pick, or is he the backup QB?
train

Has it been established that Mannion is incapable of ever being an NFL QB?