Tell me more about these prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
this season is a wash. So let's move on to the real Rams season, the draft. What prospects are you craving? A few of my favorites are:

Laquan treadwell WR- I've seen him compared to dez a few times. Very fiery competitor. Our receivers seem to lack urgency. He'd be a great pick up.

Connor Cook QB- I've seen two common comparisons and that's Alex smith and this year's Andy dalton. Doesn't really do anything special but he plays under center and he wins football games.

Jared Goff QB- I believe his rival coach compared him to Rodgers. I don't see it but he looks like a good QB. Probably going to go high.

Paxton Lynch QB- very intriguing prospect. Decent arm. Huge guy. Great mobility. Competition wasn't great.

Ronnie Stanley OT- just a great linemen. We could use more of those

Anybody kept an eye on these guys all year? I'd like to hear some imput.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Id add OT Tunsil. Seen some mocks having him go first overall.
That's the one I forgot. Would be nice to move Robinson inside. Holding out hope for battle

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Paxton Lynch is my favorite by a mile. After that I like Treadwell. I'm all about drafting Playmakers in the first round. (Donald counts as a playmaker, BTW :p)

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Paxton Lynch is my favorite by a mile. After that I like Treadwell. I'm all about drafting Playmakers in the first round. (Donald counts as a playmaker, BTW :p)
Treadwell is a beast. Any second round qb's worth watching?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Right now, I'm thinking we should stay put for one of the top 3 QBs, we'll be in range for one of them. I'd be happy with any of the 3, Goff, Lynch, or Cook. Quarterback has to be our main focus.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have zero excitement for the draft. 4 years and plenty of high picks. Probably more picks in the first and second round than any other team and all its resulted in is a bad team. The only reason they're a 4 win team was because of early season success. Right not I can't see another team we might be better than. This team is the caliber of a 1 or 2 win team. Thats what we got for all those picks.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I have zero excitement for the draft. 4 years and plenty of high picks. Probably more picks in the first and second round than any other team and all its resulted in is a bad team. The only reason they're a 4 win team was because of early season success. Right not I can't see another team we might be better than. This team is the caliber of a 1 or 2 win team. Thats what we got for all those picks.
I think a lot of times we forget that all the other teams get a full compliment of draft picks, too.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Right now, I'd be in favor of dealing our #1 to get an expierenced QB. (Matt Ryan, Ryan Tanihill, or even a Drew Brees.....provided we could get Sean to come along....) We don't need great, we just need functional. Or even a one year rental to give Manion another year...... (like someone who might be available at the end of the year, who wants to play another but his current team might not have room for him now that his understudy appears to be a better fit for the team going forward.....). I just don't think we have the time to wait for a first year QB to be ready to play.......

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
this season is a wash. So let's move on to the real Rams season, the draft. What prospects are you craving? A few of my favorites are:

Laquan treadwell WR- I've seen him compared to dez a few times. Very fiery competitor. Our receivers seem to lack urgency. He'd be a great pick up.

Connor Cook QB- I've seen two common comparisons and that's Alex smith and this year's Andy dalton. Doesn't really do anything special but he plays under center and he wins football games.

Jared Goff QB- I believe his rival coach compared him to Rodgers. I don't see it but he looks like a good QB. Probably going to go high.

Paxton Lynch QB- very intriguing prospect. Decent arm. Huge guy. Great mobility. Competition wasn't great.

Ronnie Stanley OT- just a great linemen. We could use more of those

Anybody kept an eye on these guys all year? I'd like to hear some imput.
Laquan Treadwell. anyone who can have an injury like that and come back better and stronger has tons of heart. not sold on any QB. no one likes Hogan either. OL is a position of need (STILL). maybe they can do a trade with the brownies to get immediate line help.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Laquan Treadwell. anyone who can have an injury like that and come back better and stronger has tons of heart. not sold on any QB. no one likes Hogan either. OL is a position of need (STILL). maybe they can do a trade with the brownies to get immediate line help.
How dire a need is the line? I mean havenstein has been decent, brown wasn't horrible, we could probably use a guard or center and it would help to move Robinson inside, but that's the thing about having a young line, right? Hopefully they're just young. I wouldn't cry at all about a LT though

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now, I'm thinking we should stay put for one of the top 3 QBs, we'll be in range for one of them. I'd be happy with any of the 3, Goff, Lynch, or Cook. Quarterback has to be our main focus.
I thought the same but I'm hearing people say that this qb crop is underwhelming.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Right now, I'd be in favor of dealing our #1 to get an expierenced QB. (Matt Ryan, Ryan Tanihill, or even a Drew Brees.....provided we could get Sean to come along....) We don't need great, we just need functional. Or even a one year rental to give Manion another year...... (like someone who might be available at the end of the year, who wants to play another but his current team might not have room for him now that his understudy appears to be a better fit for the team going forward.....). I just don't think we have the time to wait for a first year QB to be ready to play.......

What else would you be dealing? Because you're certainly not getting any of those players for a first round pick.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only problem is who is giving up a proven qb for a young guy? Maybe stafford but I doubt Ryan or guys of his caliber become targets. Dare I say rg3 for a third or fourth....

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly think that this season might have humbled fisher and Snead a bit. Hopefully they see that they aren't the geniuses that they were given credit for and start making the right (and SAFE) picks. No more quicks at 33 overall or trade downs. A lot of people said that they would rather stay put and grab elite talent at the top of drafts as opposed to trading down for more picks. Maybe we stay put and start grabbing some special guys like treadwell or Stanley.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If we can get Goff and dont I will destroy everything I have. Goff or bust!