Telescope

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My daughter is into the Stars these days and wants a telescope now that I have given my old one away. Any suggestions on a relatively cheap scope that is competent for star and planet gazing that doesn't cost a thousand dollars? I want something that you can see Saturn's rings pretty good but is not so expensive that I hate it if she loses interest this time next year. What do you astronomers have?

bluecoconuts

Legend
If you want cheaper but still decent, this should work.
https://www.highpointscientific.com...YoEssMSGOKBIcZDFeIZZlkU0QYdV19bBoCTUUQAvD_BwE

If you want a little higher quality and better picture image, I've used it before, got a good clear image of Saturn with it.
https://www.homesciencetools.com/pr...8kTOjCKBMJj_oYvU5Sy0-w4fO4UpJO2xoCVsAQAvD_BwE

About twice as much, but it's a better image and a better telescope overall, if she gets into it a lot, it'll last her longer. You can view most things you'll want to with it.

You can also look up astronomy clubs in your area, most are thrilled to share their scope with children, some of them may work in the field or be professors even, so they can really help explain things she is looking at, which is a great way to help grow that curiosity!

Also you can look into teaching her about stellar evolution, the different types, how everything that she can see, touch, including herself is made up of atoms that was once locked inside the center of a star billions of years ago.

To remember the stars, don't forget!

Oh beautiful and fearless gorilla, kidnap my roommate next Saturday!

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My daughter is into the Stars these days and wants a telescope now that I have given my old one away. Any suggestions on a relatively cheap scope that is competent for star and planet gazing that doesn't cost a thousand dollars? I want something that you can see Saturn's rings pretty good but is not so expensive that I hate it if she loses interest this time next year. What do you astronomers have?

Who needs a telescope. I can clearly see Uranus with just my glasses.

:ROFLMAO:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
My mother begged for one and me and my brother got her one last Christmas but now she still hasn’t taken it out the box! After looking up reviews it was the best rated by far for only about $200 but for the life of me can’t remember the name or brand. We got it at Sams and I’m going to go steal it from her because I’ve always wanted to look with one to! Lol