Teddy or Johnny?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If I had to choose one, Bridgewater. I don't think Manziel's game will translate well to the pros.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Teddy or Johnny? Maybe if we'd all start calling our qb Sammy, we'd all be happy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I had to choose one, Bridgewater. I don't think Manziel's game will translate well to the pros.
Yeah I like Bridgwater too. The game seems to slow down for him. Manzeil has got something about him tho, I just can't put my finger on it but he looks like a winner. I realise that's a really vague statement but I think he is gonna have a good career.

Sam is our guy and he plays well when healthy and protected but he is so cautious with the football. I'm not saying I want him to throw a load of picks but all these 5 yard dink and dunk passes get frustrating and he doesn't seem to be able to look off his number one receiver. I'm not saying he is made of glass but he is not very durable. Hope he breaks out this year and puts all my doubts to rest.

BeerOClock

Rookie
Johnny--better arm, better leader, more mobility, faster/run threat
Teddy--better release, better reading the defense, taller.

Better arm wins on this one, so it's Johnny.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Tough call between two guys whose skills have come under question as to translating to the NFL. I'd vote on Bridgewater though because of the last couple times I saw him play I was awestruck at his gaming. Then he ups and stinks it up at his pro day, go figure. Johny will have his moments in the NFL but I just don't know if he will have sustained success. I think we are a shitload better off with Samuel Jacob Bradford though.

tonyl711

Starter
Sam is our guy and he plays well when healthy and protected but he is so cautious with the football. I'm not saying I want him to throw a load of picks but all these 5 yard dink and dunk passes get frustrating and he doesn't seem to be able to look off his number one receiver. I'm not saying he is made of glass but he is not very durable. Hope he breaks out this year and puts all my doubts to rest.
he was off to a pretty good start last season, it couldn't have helped him changing offenses his first 3 years in the league, last year was the first year he ran the same offense as the year before and it showed that he was getting much better, 3 years in the same offense with better and more experienced WRs and a better Oline should only make him better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With a gun to my head I'd choose Manziel.

But who the freak knows? That position is so hard to rate!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If forced - probably Johnny. But I want neither.

A55VA6

Legend
If I HAD to pick, I'd pick Johnny Manziel.

It's so hard to tell if a QB is going to translate to the NFL. Sometimes he looks the part, and just doesn't make the huge impact you thought. Sometimes people say no way in hell he's a franchise QB, and he succeeds quickly and for an extended period of time.

he was off to a pretty good start last season, it couldn't have helped him changing offenses his first 3 years in the league, last year was the first year he ran the same offense as the year before and it showed that he was getting much better, 3 years in the same offense with better and more experienced WRs and a better Oline should only make him better.
Can't argue with that logic.

A55VA6

Legend
I want to see Bradford progress through his options and don't go to the check down so quick. Obviously a good OL helps, but many times last year he'd look at 1 WR and then just check it down when there was a WR open elsewhere.

tonyl711

Starter
I want to see Bradford progress through his options and don't go to the check down so quick. Obviously a good OL helps, but many times last year he'd look at 1 WR and then just check it down when there was a WR open elsewhere.
no doubt he needs to do better in some areas, but I wonder if what you were talking about stems from a lack of confidence in the Oline, but I will agree he needs to step up his game, I believe he will as long as all these young WRs and the Oline step theirs up also.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Teddy. But only as a backup. I wouldn't want either to be starting this year.